• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I mean its cool they're rerunning them but they've literally ran them 3 times since Groudon and Rayquaza were last available.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Gonna be in Tokyo for a few days to meet up with some friends. Are you any of you guys traveling to Tokyo around the 28th to 30th? Would love to meet up and trade some regional exclusives.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
man. its only been a day or two but pvp is pretty boring.

oh well. gonna try to get a lugia this weekend.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to add some sort of status indicator in game that lets your friends know that you're available to PvP. A green light or something next to your name on the friends screen maybe.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Here comes the winter event!

ITRS4g0.jpg

The cheer and joy of the holidays is coming to the world of Pokémon GO, as the Delivery Pokémon, Delibird, returns for Pokémon GO Holidays 2018!

Starting on December 18, Ice-type Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild, including Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Snorunt, Spheal, and Snover! Certain other Pokémon are also getting into the festivities—you might see holiday-ready Pokémon, such as a Pikachu wearing a festive hat, until January 2!

What's celebrating the holidays without gifts? Pokémon such as Smoochum, Azurill, and Munchlax will have a greater chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs, so show your friends you care by sending them special Gifts! In order to help with hatching during the holiday season, Trainers will also earn a free single-use Incubator once per day via spinning a Photo Disc on a PokéStop until January 2.

To keep the celebrations coming, there will be plenty of bonuses throughout the event! From December 18 to December 22, Trainers will be able to enjoy double Candy for catching and transferring Pokémon. Then, from December 22 to December 26, earn double Catch Stardust to help power up your Pokémon! From December 26 to December 30, earn double XP when you catch Pokémon to help you reach a higher Trainer level before the new year! Finally, from December 30 to January 2, Incubators will be twice as effective. Make sure you check in regularly to take advantage of all these exciting bonuses!

Excited about showing your holiday spirit? Outfit your avatar with the Delibird-themed sweater, gloves, and boots, available on December 18 in the Style Shop!
Hey, maybe I can finally get a Smoochum.

So we're getting some new Pokemon, free incubators, bonuses, etc. I just hope the potential new Tier 5 raids last well into January since I'll be traveling for most of this event and away from any kind of Discord coordination.

Last edited:

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Snover & Munchlax are new, yeah?

And where is my Wurmple in a party hat?

--

edit, oh, btw, found out you can transfer Meltan to Let's Go, didn't realise that was possible.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Plus Chingling, Croagunk

some of my favorite pokemon!

I'll be traveling for the starting weekend but hope to play in the city I'm visiting. My friend there plays quite a bit and got me back into this so hoping to get in a lot of play time (as well as some freaking Onix's)

Also missing water pokemon like crazy in my new town. Never even saw the water starters during that massive community event the other week lol.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Falchion I'm looking to use a lucky egg this weekend to grind out some XP from friends/evos/etc, if you could open the gift I've sent you either tonight or tomorrow so we're primed to become ultra friends that would be super.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I wish they'd release an item that, when fed to a Pokemon, will have it regurgitate all the candy it's ever consumed, and have it stockpiled back into their species' candy count. I have too many Pokemon locked out of PvP thresholds, often by the smallest amount of CP that I'd never have powered them up to had I known what PvP leagues would have been like...

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Eurgh why would they bring Lugia and Ho-Oh back for one weekend only and have it share spawns with Cresselia? That's dumb

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Eurgh why would they bring Lugia and Ho-Oh back for one weekend only and have it share spawns with Cresselia? That's dumb

That sucks yeah because if you coordinate through discord and get people together, it's basically luck of the draw til it pops.

Nevertheless it was a good day for me: Entei in research, finally caught my Mew (98 IV) and did a Lugia raid. If I can still get a Ho-oh and get lucky on my research boxes, this'll have been a great month to catch up on legendaries I missed.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't see either of these birds, wasn't going out of my way to look but i usually see a bunch of raids during the day.

Anyway, PvP sucks. It's not any fun at all and the gym leader battles are just tedious. Tap tap tap tap tap. TAP TAP TAP TAP. TAPPING INTENSIFIES.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Oh, got a shinnoh stone from a few pvp battles. How often do these get handed out? Debating waiting until I get 5 more rhydon candies or choosing another one.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I didn't see either of these birds, wasn't going out of my way to look but i usually see a bunch of raids during the day.

Anyway, PvP sucks. It's not any fun at all and the gym leader battles are just tedious. Tap tap tap tap tap. TAP TAP TAP TAP. TAPPING INTENSIFIES.

Yeah it's like masterbaiting if your phone was your genitals and the phone is under local anesthesia.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, got a shinnoh stone from a few pvp battles. How often do these get handed out? Debating waiting until I get 5 more rhydon candies or choosing another one.

It's estimated you have a 1/8 chance of getting them from your first three PVP battles of the day and your first team leader battle. So you should at least get the be every other day.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Did 5 Lugia raids today and only caught 2....Legendaries seems harder to catch nowaday...

Was lucky to get one in my first raid. I was happy too because it's freezing out and I don't really feel like doing that many raids in this kind of weather. Hope to do a Ho-oh raid tomorrow and be just as lucky. I have to drive a bit to get to the city and even then I need discord to find raids that'll have enough people, so these 5* raids tend to be one and done for me. It's fun but also a bit of a hassle if the weather's bad and even less people play than usual. If I get one for each kind I'm already happy. Another reason why living in a big city is a benefit for this game.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Actually got in 5 raids today, all 5-star.

Started with a Lugia. Pulled up to the place with mine and my girlfriend's account after seeing the local group posting. Had to wait awhile and then suddenly we had 20+, to the extent I got in but my girlfriend got shunted into a two person group, which wouldn't work. But then my raid froze, and errored out. She and I got back in with a few people; she caught it.

Then did two Ho-ohs; I got one.

Did another Ho-oh myself with the group later; ran out of balls, but got lucky as another freeze happened, but I got back in at the last second.

Then got a Cresselia and caught my 2nd one.

So between us that's two chances at Lugia, three shots at Ho-oh, and cresselia with an end result one one of each.

Anyone else ever get frozen raids? That's the first it's happened to me and nearly put a damper on the whole day.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm actually looking to order a pair of gloves that work with touchscreens, try to get decent throws when you can't feel your fingers :p

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even seen a five star raid all day. Went out earlier driving around looking. A few 2s and 3s but no fives. Looked similar last night. Gonna go check the high density raid spots tomorrow.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Was very surprised to receive shiny Ho-Oh from my first attempt at it.

I failed miserably on all of the initial shiny rollouts, so I had no expectations whatsoever from this event.

Really happy about my catch!

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I still haven't battled any humans.

My girlfriend has pretty much given up on the game.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Could only do a few raids this evening. 4/5 Ho-oh, 1 Shiny. 1/1 Lugia. Then 6 more, which were Cresselia :/ I wanted another Lugia, but oh well. 1 is better than none.

Oh well. Got my Johto-dex +2. Only 4 left! Heracross, Corsola, Smeagrle, and Delibird.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Second Ho-oh raid I did today turned out to be a shiny, so this been a very productive weekend for me in catching up on the rares/legendaries. Completed the Mew and Celebi quests, got Entei, Lugia and Ho-oh. Now if they start bringing back the gen 3 raid bosses I'm all caught up.

TcC3QzB.png

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
If Niantic really wanted to breath new life into this game they would introduce an in-app raid map that you could use to coordinate with other players like RSVP'ing.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm wondering if I should just put a new account on my second phone to help on this.

That's what I did yesterday, Getting to level 10 went quickly.

The third move and the increase to super effective damage are nice changes.

Winning in PVP needs some sort of leaderboard or prestige system.

Status
Not open for further replies.