• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I've gone multiple days without getting a single stone from the 4 battles. I'm glad I just got enough stones to evolve the new entries, but I'm fresh out now. That makes it easy to count my total since they were introduced: 16. That being said, I've only been doing the 3 trainer battles in the last month, but still I rarely get a stone.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I get my battles in every day and I'm at like 35 stones.
I'm on the opposite spectrum. I obtained 1 Sinnoh Stone from the very first research task reward when they were first released. Then I've done battles against the ai once a day since then, and have obtained TWO from those in the past few months. Then this last week I battled my friend each day, 3 times in a row for 7 days straight, and received just ONE from doing that. I decided it's not worth it to keep trying to coordinate battles against each other for so little pay off. He received 3 from our battles during that week. I also got another one from completing a research task two weeks ago as well. So you see, I'm Sinnoh Stone poor, and I can't come close to completing my dex unless they give them out at a higher rate. That 5 on community day will be a god send for me. As long as it works as advertised which I don't always count on with this game.

Oct 26, 2017
I spent my last stone on a Gallade that I had been preparing. I could use another eight stones or so. It really makes a difference if you have dual accounts so you can just battle every day, which is a shame.

Got a 98% Palkia on my first try, pretty happy with that. Also, one of the guys at the raid gifted me a mystery box so now I'm well on my way towards the Meltan evolution... which might be a bad thing since I feel like I should try to get it now.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm saving evolving into a Gallade or Gardevoir until the inevitable community day

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I have 6 stones banked at the moment from a single trainer battles a day and completed weekly field research. Having someone to PVP with would help.

I did two Machamp raids yesterday and my team held up. Though, Rock Slide really slams my Dragonites.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
aaah I just wasted 7 charge TM's getting an Alakazam to learn Futuresight but I got 3 Focus Blasts and Fire Punches. I probably should've left it at Psychic since it's a legacy move. Now I have no choice to keep going because it landed on fire punch.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
I decided it's not worth it to keep trying to coordinate battles against each other for so little pay off.

I encourage you to keep trying. It's like rolling an 8 on an 8-sided die - to roll 21 times battling your friend and only land on 8 once is bad luck, but then if you keep playing, statistics will eventually even it out, with other sets of 21 rolls that give you 4-5 stones. The battle system has only been out about 7 weeks. Niantic inevitably will lower the rate of Sinoh stones eventually, so I'm taking advantage now while we can, before they are just as hard to get as the other evolution items.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I encourage you to keep trying. It's like rolling an 8 on an 8-sided die - to roll 21 times battling your friend and only land on 8 once is bad luck, but then if you keep playing, statistics will eventually even it out, with other sets of 21 rolls that give you 4-5 stones. The battle system has only been out about 7 weeks. Niantic inevitably will lower the rate of Sinoh stones eventually, so I'm taking advantage now while we can, before they are just as hard to get as the other evolution items.

Yeah you're right, it's not like there are other sure fire ways to obtain the other evolution stones. These ones just feel like a hot commodity at the moment.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you're right, it's not like there are other sure fire ways to obtain the other evolution stones.

The thing with the other stones was that the evolutions they worked for were singular or two Pokémon and didn't comprise 20% of an entire generation. Having a single stone with limited chances of dropping locking off a huge contingent of desirable Pokémon means that rather than hoping for a Steel Coat to finally get a Steelix you're now hoping for 16 stones to finally get 16 Pokémon.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The thing with the other stones was that the evolutions they worked for were singular or two Pokémon and didn't comprise 20% of an entire generation. Having a single stone with limited chances of dropping locking off a huge contingent of desirable Pokémon means that rather than hoping for a Steel Coat to finally get a Steelix you're now hoping for 16 stones to finally get 16 Pokémon.
That's a good point too. Need. These. Sinnoh. Stones.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I've been out for a few hours and only 2 combees. Not sure where the other 3 at. Pleasant surprise is that lotad is out in the wild as I need 60 more candies.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Yea making a whole gen's evolution tied to a single stone type is ridiculous. I have a big queue building of mons to evolve till I get lucky pulling more Sinnoh.

While I got stockpiles of too many of almost every other type of evolve item, would have been nice to be able to use those up instead.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
So is the Go Plus just permanently out of production or something? I wanted to get one for my girlfriend since it's a bit more practical (and cheaper) than the PokéBall Plus, but it's only available online at inflated prices. I know it disappeared ages back but I had figured it was a temporary thing for when the PokéBall Plus came out, but I guess not?

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So is the Go Plus just permanently out of production or something? I wanted to get one for my girlfriend since it's a bit more practical (and cheaper) than the PokéBall Plus, but it's only available online at inflated prices. I know it disappeared ages back but I had figured it was a temporary thing for when the PokéBall Plus came out, but I guess not?

Just get a gotach instead.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Yeah, I think the plan was to discontinue those things and have people buy the Pokeball Plus instead. Maybe they think it's a sturdier (less hacky) device.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I just battled my mystic account against my main valor account.

Baby Mystic got 3 Sinnoh stones and a rare candy.

Slev

Oct 27, 2017
Since it seems to be the current topic of discussion. I have a second account I use an old phone/hot spot tether to for just extra raid farming/best friend bonus and trainer battle purposes. I have not missed doing 3 battles a day since pvp came out and on my main I have gotten 29 Sinnoh Stones. On the secondary farm I have 25. Not incredibly high rate or anything but the stones come pretty consistently in my anecdotal experience.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yea got better with throws vs Palkia but he's still not getting caught when he's strong but weaker ones get in.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yea got better with throws vs Palkia but he's still not getting caught when he's strong but weaker ones get in.

After you've mastered throwing(setting the circle, at least great curve balls) the best thing you can do is get those friendship levels up with a core group of raiders, the extra balls really increase your chances. In the last 30 raids I haven't had one run away.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
RNGesus keeps blessing me with repeat shinies of Pokemon I don't care about but I can't get the few that I actually want. This is why I'm desperate for Niantic to add some (heavily restricted, of course) remote trading.

Arcanine is probably my all time favorite Pokemon but I'm never really going to even get a chance of finding a shiny Growlithe. They simply do not spawn in my biome. I have loads of duplicate shinies that I'd love to be able to swap for a shiny Growlithe with someone.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
RNGesus keeps blessing me with repeat shinies of Pokemon I don't care about but I can't get the few that I actually want. This is why I'm desperate for Niantic to add some (heavily restricted, of course) remote trading.

Arcanine is probably my all time favorite Pokemon but I'm never really going to even get a chance of finding a shiny Growlithe. They simply do not spawn in my biome. I have loads of duplicate shinies that I'd love to be able to swap for a shiny Growlithe with someone.
Iol I know how you feel. I some how got 4 shiny Arons and 2 Roselias (after event)

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Yesterday, I caught a Palkia on the first try with a "nice" throw, so I don't know what's going on with the RNG for me.

Also, one of my Palkia is a 98% with Draco Meteor, so I guess I'm powering up that guy. Palkia seems to be the most powerful dragon right? Like, better than Rayquaza? Though, other than Palkia itself, which raids is it actually useful for?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Iol I know how you feel. I some how got 4 shiny Arons and 2 Roselias (after event)
In terms of non-event, full odds shinies I've now caught 3 Aron, 3 Poocheyena, 3 Swablu, 3 Shuppet and multiples of several others.

What I really want is Growlithe and Misdreavus.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Got a Palkia by trading with my wife. She didn't want to go out today, so I took her phone. I went through half my balls failing to throw curves far enough, gave up and switched to straight. I didn't get it but got it on hers on the 2nd ball, straight, nice, and golden razz. I'll do the same next time, my muscle memory curve just doesn't go that far.

For straight throw, start throwing when palkias attack animation starts to pull back. The attack is sort of a heavy downward thrust.

Otherwise the only thing interesting right now are lotads and combees. Kirlia raids, apparently I need male oops. Still haven't seen the other 3 new ones.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Braved the rain in LA to get groceries. Failed to catch a weather boosted Palkia, but it wasn't a super strong one, so oh well. The nine rare candy was a very solid reward. Caught a couple Combee and scored my first [terrible] Cranidos.

Yesterday, I caught a Palkia on the first try with a "nice" throw, so I don't know what's going on with the RNG for me.

Also, one of my Palkia is a 98% with Draco Meteor, so I guess I'm powering up that guy. Palkia seems to be the most powerful dragon right? Like, better than Rayquaza? Though, other than Palkia itself, which raids is it actually useful for?
I think he's considered worse than Rayquaza, if only because Draco Meteor is a one-bar move so you can use it less frequently.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I think he's considered worse than Rayquaza, if only because Draco Meteor is a one-bar move so you can use it less frequently.
Ah ok. That probably explains it. Going through other legendary dragons raids in Poke Genie's battle simulator, sometimes it performs better than Rayquaza's dragon set, other times it doesn't, and other times Dragonite is better. It probably has to do with break and bulk points and the one-bar. Makes sense now.

In other news, I need to fly back to the US in a few weeks, and I have a layover in Atlanta. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch some Carnivines in the airport.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another field research breakthrough, another duplicate. Honestly. The fact that I might get to the end of February and not have a Pokemon that's been in the pool for 3 months is quite frankly ridiculous.

What a fucking pointless setup this has been, it's been shit for both players who own all the legendaries and those who don't.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
After you've mastered throwing(setting the circle, at least great curve balls) the best thing you can do is get those friendship levels up with a core group of raiders, the extra balls really increase your chances. In the last 30 raids I haven't had one run away.
Yeah I noticed a huge increase in pokeballs since hitting ultra friends with a few of the people i play with. I'm still losing em but I don't feel AS bad about it as in the beginning.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
lZ72RvF.jpg

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I hope the kirlia raids are sometimes male. I can nab 2 to 3 of these per week and with pinapp it is 10 candies but so far they're female. And because I misunderstood the evolution tree I traded my male with my wife and I can't trade back lol.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a 92% Palkia on my first raid. Not sure if I'm gonna put in much effort to do more. Don't think I'm too interested in farming candy for it.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
There is what appears to be a purugly in the wild near my house. So weird how spotty the new ones have been i havent even seen a glammeow. Ill have to try the domain and parking lots on errands tomorrow.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
There is what appears to be a purugly in the wild near my house. So weird how spotty the new ones have been i havent even seen a glammeow. Ill have to try the domain and parking lots on errands tomorrow.

I was thinking purugly must be the most obtainable evolved as I got one earlier. And one combee yesterday. And one bronzor a week ago...

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I've found a decent amount of Bronzors and then a random Bronzong yesterday, so took care of that.

Got one Glameow and a Combee. Gotta keep searching.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Starting a new account shows that the game can actually be fun with 400-odd new mons to catch, quests to do, actual progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.