• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Found the Spinda quest for the first time this year and got the heart eye one.

There are quests that give 3 rare candy for catching a Chansey.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
People are reporting that nests have changed, but my Machop nest is safe! I think it just changed for pink pokemon that nest. A quick drive through the nest this morning, got me 5 Machop. 6 x 2 (pinap) x 5 = 60 candies.

Is the view distance update bound to certain device? I swear it hasn't changed on my galaxy s8 in weeks.
The iOS update was forced, so I'm looking at the distance from that. These updates always come through Android first, so it should be in the latest for you? Unless there's another more recent update that breaks it again.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I think I finally understand the view distance thing. It's not line of sight in general but gyms. I didn't notice because there isn't another gym besides my 3 for kms.

I wish I had silver pinaps for kirlia but oh well. It's the last I can work on for now anyway. I'll trade the ones I'm catching with other pokemons my wife catches in Austin during community day. The distance bonus should yield 3 ralts candies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not touching 7k eggs again until Mime Jr presumably is added. Then I can hatch some and try to get these remaining babies. There's too much in there that I absolutely don't care about getting more candy for, let alone getting good ones.

LOL, freakin' Miltank is Tier 3 raid now.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Flaafy is an ideal solo 3* raid. Just breezed through it and got a super lucky loot roll of 6 rare candies. Anyone level 25 or higher with 3 good earth attack mons would be able to handle it, until niantic likely ups the difficulty.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someday there won't be an event and I'll get to see those new gen 4 Pokemon.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Hatched three 10k and six 7k eggs and got nothing new or exciting, but at least I caught a Shieldon today.

Adventure Sync still isn't working for me and it's really pissing me off. Google Fit is working, game has been updated, power saving isn't on, can't figure out why it stopped working.

Edit: Just got an Adventure Sync update for the first time in days, but it only logged 0.4km from the last 60 hours :(

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Is there really no baby Pokemon in 2k eggs anymore? That's a pretty shitty and, dare I say, near-exploitative move.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Just got back into GO since the only person I knew that plays it moved back into town. I have a couple questions.

1) How rare are evolution materials? I've spun probably 50 pokestops haven't got one yet. I really want a metal coat.

2) Is Absol still available in raids? It's one of my favorite Pokémon but every time a lvl4 raid egg hatches it ain't him.

Thanks

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
its als
Just got back into GO since the only person I knew that plays it moved back into town. I have a couple questions.

1) How rare are evolution materials? I've spun probably 50 pokestops haven't got one yet. I really want a metal coat.

2) Is Absol still available in raids? It's one of my favorite Pokémon but every time a lvl4 raid egg hatches it ain't him.

Thanks

1) They sometimes drop through normal spins but its rare , you will get one each week on your 7th day streak spin - you can also get them from gifts (rare)
2) Yes its a Level 4 raid so you will need a few trainers to take it down (high level you can do it with 2 if your a lower level aim for at least 3 and you want fighting Pokemon so Machamp)

Current raid boss list : https://leekduck.com/boss/

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Thanks

Sinnoh stone drops 1 out of 8 pvp battles and you get rewards for the first 3 battles per day with another person and 1 from AI which is in box to the left of raids and nearby pokemon lists. You'll need a dozen at least to evolve all possibilities to gen4 so get started now. During community day there's a guarantee for 5 so pvp with someone Saturday.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
its als

1) They sometimes drop through normal spins but its rare , you will get one each week on your 7th day streak spin - you can also get them from gifts (rare)
2) Yes its a Level 4 raid so you will need a few trainers to take it down (high level you can do it with 2 if your a lower level aim for at least 3 and you want fighting Pokemon so Machamp)

Current raid boss list : https://leekduck.com/boss/
Sinnoh stone drops 1 out of 8 pvp battles and you get rewards for the first 3 battles per day with another person and 1 from AI which is in box to the left of raids and nearby pokemon lists. You'll need a dozen at least to evolve all possibilities to gen4 so get started now. During community day there's a guarantee for 5 so pvp with someone Saturday.
Cool! Thanks for the answers and tips :)

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Someday there won't be an event and I'll get to see those new gen 4 Pokemon.
haha seriously. I haven't gotten most of the new additions. Also sucks that so many are in eggs right now since its winter and it takes me forever to hatch an egg vs the spring when I could get through 2-4 eggs a day

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I would've loved it if they released Corsola for a few days for this event... For now outside of the double candy on comm. day there's not much to be excited for. I'll tap Snubbulls/Luvdiscs for the shiny but I'm not going out of my way again like I did for Spoink.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Valentine's Day event is good for two things;

1. Double candy

2. Exeggcutes

I've also been able to solo raids while working from home a lot easier. Just did another Flaafy 3* raid again, and once again got +6 rare candies. The last batch of 3* raids were bumped in difficulty and basically I couldn't do most of them anymore.

I'm going to hunt for Kirlia again later today. Started with a male Kirlia as my buddy to get to Gallade with 28 Ralts candies 2-3 days ago, and now I'm up to 68. What I thought was going to be a pain in the ass will probably finish at latest Saturday. Going to a meetup in downtown Austin community day and we typically do 4-5 5* raids so the rare candies from that alone should get me there.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the starters were moved from 5k to 2k eggs. Buizel added to 5ks. Cranidos, Shieldon, Mawile, Absol, and stupid Miltank have been added to 10ks.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ran into a random Shieldon and hatched a Riolu today. So I guess the event is going well so far? XD

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got my Melmetal today. Got something like 150 Melton candies in one go by using pineapples and the Valentines day x2 bonus. I haven't been playing for long so this is my strongest Pokemon yet by far.

I'm pretty happy and can't wait to make some of my day one Pokemon Go friends jealous. Even though they're still leagues stronger than me.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
So to all you peeps who i've been sending gifts to. I probably wont be sending any next two days cuz it's raining and kinda hard to do all the pokestops in the rain while walking. I will resume when I get more to send. :) You know me as (theace8869) if you have me as a friend.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Shiny Meltan on first box!

voLfhkA.png

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's nice that they added Cranidos and Shieldon to 10k's, but I'm going to try a few 7k batches first to see if that nets me any new babies. Plus, at least 7k's are a sure thing from gifts instead of getting non stop 5k's from stops. I bought the box for incubators so I'm falling for the trap again. The egg situation has gotten so convoluted and bloated, probably the aspect of the game I like the least right now.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice that they added Cranidos and Shieldon to 10k's, but I'm going to try a few 7k batches first to see if that nets me any new babies. Plus, at least 7k's are a sure thing from gifts instead of getting non stop 5k's from stops. I bought the box for incubators so I'm falling for the trap again. The egg situation has gotten so convoluted and bloated, probably the aspect of the game I like the least right now.
Yeah, it's getting a bit exploitative at this point. I think I'm pretty much done burning through incubators now. I can wait months until I hatch the baby I'm missing, or get through trading.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yeah, it's getting a bit exploitative at this point. I think I'm pretty much done burning through incubators now. I can wait months until I hatch the baby I'm missing, or get through trading.

When I consider that I bought incubators for the small chance of hatching Bonsly, Happiny or Mantyke and the miniscule chance of getting a Riolu, it puts things in perspective. I already put aside one of my bonus chinglings to trade for a Mantyke so I should at least get that one. The egg situation is the one aspect of the game that was actually better at launch, so much simpler. Time to stop giving them money until they slim down the egg pool. At the least the premium raid passes and star bits I got are always useful.

Even Miltank is added to the 10k pool. They just can't resist adding troll hatches.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/statbooststrainerbattles2019/
Trainers,

We're excited to announce a major update to Trainer Battles in Pokémon GO—stat boosts! Starting this Saturday during Swinub Community Day, certain Charge Attacks will have a chance to trigger stat boosts in Trainer Battles. These stat boosts will persist on the affected Pokémon until they either faint or are switched out of battle. The first moves this update will impact are below.

Ancient Power: Chance to raise the user's Attack and Defense
Ominous Wind: Chance to raise the user's Attack and Defense
Silver Wind: Chance to raise the user's Attack and Defense

This is just the first of many updates to come, so stay tuned for more communications about Trainer Battles. As a reminder, Piloswine evolved into Mamoswine during Community Day event hours will learn the move Ancient Power, so don't miss out!
Only in PVP.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Yesss! Just randomly caught a shiny Misdreavus while laying in bed at my house! One of my faves.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I suppose I should probably evolve at least 2 or 3 Mamoswines with Ancient Power. Though, there was a post on reddit yesterday, that said against flying dragons, specifically Rayquaza, Ancient Power would need to buff attack by 22% to be more effective than a complete Ice set. I don't think that took Defense into account, though.
[Bleh, can't find the post link.]

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is, how many Ancient Power Mamoswine will people want to supplement their Smack Down Tyranitar team, and just how many times they plan on fighting Articuno or Yanmega with them, where Mamoswine would have a defensive advantage, at least (since nobody's going to be taking them against Fire/Flying types)?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Got a weather-boosted Deoxys (attack), then a shiny Luvdisc, and then a very solid weather-boosted 89% Palkia with max attack.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Looks like the starters were moved from 5k to 2k eggs. Buizel added to 5ks. Cranidos, Shieldon, Mawile, Absol, and stupid Miltank have been added to 10ks.

Ah, I see the pattern now. Latest unlocked pokemon very rare in wild, then moved to 10k eggs, then when the next batch unlocked move to 7k and 5k. They are making new mons scarce and behind the incubator paywall.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Yesterday I drove around for A WHILE looking for Valentine's Day quests and found nothing. Today, there's a bunch that popped up on the map.

Grab 3 Chansey quests, and bank those. Grab 3 rare candy quests, then catch 1 of the banked Chanseys. Find more rare candy quests, repeat.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I see the pattern now. Latest unlocked pokemon very rare in wild, then moved to 10k eggs, then when the next batch unlocked move to 7k and 5k. They are making new mons scarce and behind the incubator paywall.
More or less. Although it seems to me they did a fair amount of that before, too.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose I should probably evolve at least 2 or 3 Mamoswines with Ancient Power. Though, there was a post on reddit yesterday, that said against flying dragons, specifically Rayquaza, Ancient Power would need to buff attack by 22% to be more effective than a complete Ice set. I don't think that took Defense into account, though.
[Bleh, can't find the post link.]
It would seem the only reason to be interested in Ancient Power is the chance of it giving stat boosts in PvP. Doesn't help at all in raids unless they change that system down the line too.

And reading up, it seems Giratina ends up better than Mamoswine in that regard.

Last edited:

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I should trash the 'Catch 5 fighting types' quests.

I'm more likely to run-into a wild Magnemite at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.