• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, nothing but stardust from Blanche 5 times.

Edit: 10x stardust rewards across 2 accounts. Smh

Last edited:

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
They should open up the rewards for training against the AI a bit. It's really not engaging otherwise. Five might be a bit much but three a day would be nice.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The 6 hour lures in high population/gym/stop density is great for anyone starting out because all stops will be lured. I even ran into useful mons like larvitar. Couldn't stay out too long because I had to get back to work.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Mamoswine is live.

750x1624.jpeg.bc60af03d05d4a0a93983af69b0c4542.large

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Evolving Swinub is also 25 candy already instead of 50. Finally evolved my 96IV beast. Did have to burn through 2 TM's to get Avalanche. Glad it's available already.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Out of 10 trainer battles, I got 1 stone and 1 candy. The rest dust.

I evolved 4 swinubs. 2 of them got Powder Snow + Avalanche. The others got Mud Slap + Stone Edge. I burned my only Charged TM, but got Bulldoze. :/.

I think I'll probably just do 2 Ancient Powers and another regular.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Main goal tomorrow aside from the shinies is just to get as much candy as possible, since I already have a decent amount of high level piggies. I have 140 pinaps and they all need to go tomorrow. I need to farm candy because I got tired of catching swinub early on. If I do enough tomorrow, I won't need to for a long time.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like I'll be in Utah tomorrow, which has its own time zone. Does anyone know what times the Community day window will be for that?

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I got 1x Sinnoh stones across 2 accounts doing 10x leader battles and 5x trainer battles.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
86 ralts candy up from 28 on Monday. Gallade shall be mine tomorrow.

Then I'm good until the highway robbery incubation gets me the new chinpokomons.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Got my 10 sinnoh stones. It's been confirmed from other regions too. So you can do that from midnight onwards whichever zone you're in.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I suppose if you have enough dust, the optimal move set would be to unlock a second move before evolving and get both Ancient Power and Avalanche. Or, simply unlock Avalanche through a second move later. Right, I suppose I should have thought of that before evolving 4 swinubs. Oh well, I'll probably have enough time to tomorrow to do 3 more.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose if you have enough dust, the optimal move set would be to unlock a second move before evolving and get both Ancient Power and Avalanche. Or, simply unlock Avalanche through a second move later. Right, I suppose I should have thought of that before evolving 4 swinubs. Oh well, I'll probably have enough time to tomorrow to do 3 more.
That's a good idea. Except I still don't know what I'd do with Ancient Power, since I don't care about PvP. I might do that with a couple, just to have it.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the cheap moves only worked on baby forms?

Edit: Oh wait, I see what you're saying, nevermind. Yeah, I'll wait and get Avalanche after.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not found anything shiny so far. Seems like it might be lower odds since I found like 5 Totodiles last time.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
It's my first community day since I haven't played for a couple years. Are shiny Pokémon more common on community days? Because I've found two shiny Swinub so far.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I caught 7 shinies within the first hour. In the Dratini event I went the full 3 hours and got only one at the end.

It's RNG. Don't know why people think any more of it. If you didn't get one it's because you had bad luck

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Caught 7 shinies with just the Go+ lol. Feel like the shiny rate is way higher than before. That or I have obscene luck. Caught like 20 Swinubs total.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Event ended an hour ago here. Got 10 shinies, most of those in the first hour. One had high IV but low cp so I turned that into my trophy Mamoswine with Ancient Power. Used all my pinaps and ended up with 2300 candy, so I can make an entire Swine army now.

Hatched a bunch of eggs too, one of them luckily a Happiny in a sea of trash.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Greetings from the past. Just got my 5 AI sinnoh. I find yellow team easiest. My salamence obliterates all 3 with 40% remaining. Breakfast time.

Deleted member 13077

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally found a group to go at Palkia with, but the whole thing was ruined by network issues. Got one good run where we just ran out of time, and then constant crashes and disconnects.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I thought this was a great community day. There were tons of spawns, with only a rare stray Pokémon, none of the Valentine stuff either. Got everything I wanted out of it. First hour here all the piggies were boosted too because of the sunny weather.

Finally found a group to go at Palkia with, but the whole thing was ruined by network issues. Got one good run where we just ran out of time, and then constant crashes and disconnects.

I don't know if the update caused this, but I've been experiencing issues as well. When I want to enter the lobby at the arranged time, I've had the network error multiple times and I've had to restart the app with others already in the lobby.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13077

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I had that error, I had one where there were 6 of us in the lobby and it just started me on my own, and then I had a recurring one where the large "GO" animation just stayed on screen and the raid didn't start. It's so frustrating, and doubly so when you don't find a group very often and you're limited on time.

Tbh, I think the idea of how raid participation is limited to your geographical location is kind of bullshit anyway, but I very much doubt that's going to change anytime soon, even though it easily could.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
No shinies, but not too bothered anyway as I seem to have fairly poor luck with them. Got enough Combee candy to evolve and just a few away from Rhyperior then I've got everything from Sinnoh so far. And 10 extra stones that I'm not going to need unless there's a new wave needing them.

Nov 2, 2017
I've been playing since launch. Just started to get more seriously into this game after getting an EX pass gifted to me by a friend last month (and realizing I wasn't very good at the raid/gym part of things). Are there any good places to find local raid partners for 4-5 star raids? I work on a college campus so I have a lot of gyms and stops around on weekdays that I frequent but live out of town so weekends of Community day can be bittersweet. Oh well going to Goodwill and the grocery store with a stop to see if I get lucky this afternoon.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Got 6 shinies on my main account and 5 on my second account.

Not bad at all considering I stopped for brunch and went to an art gallery during the CD period.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I've been playing since launch. Just started to get more seriously into this game after getting an EX pass gifted to me by a friend last month (and realizing I wasn't very good at the raid/gym part of things). Are there any good places to find local raid partners for 4-5 star raids? I work on a college campus so I have a lot of gyms and stops around on weekdays that I frequent but live out of town so weekends of Community day can be bittersweet. Oh well going to Goodwill and the grocery store with a stop to see if I get lucky this afternoon.

Look at the Silph Road Community Map if there's a Discord server for your area: https://thesilphroad.com/map#2/40.29/-76.66

However not every city works with discord, some use fb groups too. Discord is way better to coordinate for raids, but some cities cling to FB still. So search for your city + PoGo in FB too.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Hey Qwark , are you QwarkWulfric ingame? Because we're one gift away from ultra friends. I sometimes forget to give people a nickname and I see you're not on the spreadsheet, so I'm not sure. If it's you we can set a time for an egg through pm

I was hoping to time it together with Brazil

Deleted member 13077

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day wasn't a total loss raid-wise. Didn't have a Shinx yet so I found one of them in a raid and got my Aggron to kick it in the face repeatedly.

Concussed Shinx get.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Wanted to do a Raid near me but it's Palkia so yeah no one is going to show up for that one. So guess it's waiting for tommorow. Today will probably be walking and collecting pokeballs and gifts so I can send some out.

Oct 25, 2017
Was not planning on participating but I was out with people so I opened up Go and the spawns were tremendous. Managed three shiny despite not really doing too much. Got a good Mamoswine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.