• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get four shinies. I would've of gotten a another one but I caught it at the last minute and it became a normal one RIP.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Holy fuck this was my most lucky community day. Managed to get a perfect, 11 shinies (3 of which were 80%+), two 96%s, and my girlfriend hatched back to back Shiny Pichu and Shiny Magby.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I ended up taking my wife's phone too and sent out 20 gifts per account and queued up 10 gifts so damn that was tedious.

But overall it was good:
1. Got 5 mamoswine, 2 with snow quick and 3 with mudslap.
2. Finally got Gallade
3. Enough rare candy to get combee to 40 candies and walking it now
4. Got happily.
5. Got fineon

The group of 20 of us kept seeing glameow and sheldon on the edge of the map and bitched about how the app opens with warning to not drive but basically you have to.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So after all my bitching and moaning about research rewards and my dogshit shiny luck, I've only gone and nabbed myself a Shiny Lugia tonight.

Good job really, if I'd gotten another dog then some Shinx were going to get the shit kicked out of them tomorrow.

Just Arcticuno to get now.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got 4 shinies but only 1 was worth evolving. Made 3 Mamoswine and called it a day. I did much better this time than the Psyduck and Totodile event.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only had an hour to catch, but managed to get four shiny, all terrible IVs. Evolved three mamoswine with a second move to get the exclusive, and I'll evolve the rest later. I have a ton of candy left for a nice army. A friend of mine wasn't so lucky. Only managed one shiny, and it had bad stats and a CP of 25.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like they changed the rates of shinies. Didn't find any totodiles last time. This time I got 4 shiny Swinubs in the first 10 minutes

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Caught a shiny Pineco this morning, then nabbed 110k in dust and 10 shiny Swinub. Also did two Kirlia raids and one Palkia. None of my Swinub were particularly noteworthy in IVs but oh well.

Also, dare I say I'm getting tired of hatching Dratini? It's definitely become my new Trapinch as a serious majority of my 10k hatches.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
20 minutes to go before CD starts up here. But I'm stuck at work, and will probably be here until 2pm, maybe 3. I have one decent Swinub I haven't yet evolved, so I can do that one right away. Otherwise, hopefully I'll have enough time to grab some shinies and other high leveled ones.

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
Played for 90 minutes during boosted sunny weather. Didn't end up with anything great off catches (87 - 91 for my best), 3 terrible shinies. Traded everything with my buddy and I got a lucky 89% and a lucky 96%. Evolved both and another 96 I'd been saving. Was nice too with sunny weather to see all these Turtwig, Treeko, Charmanders and Chimchars appear.

Good event, what with the stacked 3x stardust and 2x catch candy.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
got 2 hundo swinubs today! that's a successful commday. not even weather boosted. the 7 shinies are just gravy. even ran from 1 shiny when trying to get the hundo. lv2 and lv13 makes them projects but lvl can be improved, iv can't.

kept forgetting about the boosted stardust though so forgot to use a piece >_<

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Just stardust again from 5 leader battles today. Thanks for the stones yesterday, tho.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
eeh wtf, thought it was weird I couldn't get to the Trainer Tips page on yt and then saw this: "This account has been terminated for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines." Nothing about this on his twitter yet

and Mystic7's channel is also gone

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
woow

i actually really liked his videos

Mystic7's confident his will be back shortly:

Hopefully the same goes for Nick. I just watched his 'hunt for Celebi' series of vids and that was really well done.

I didn't know that if you get 3 copyright claims your channel automatically gets deleted. I was naive in thinking that someone actually had to push that delete button, but apparently it happens automatically.

Last edited:

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Nice

oh open another Meltan box and back to back shiny

ynaqMAn.png

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Walked 180km and hatched 50 eggs but not a single new baby shiny. I'm not a big fan of egg exclusive shiny. Especially since the 7km eggs also still have pokemon you don't want like geodude

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Hard to really get excited by eggs.

Every Trapinch is a dagger through the heart of my second account.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Eggs are a nightmare. I duped myself into buying another box for incubators and running through a full spread of 7k eggs 3 times. Nothing ne... actually, wait. I did finally get a Riolu. Nothing else new, though. Worth it? Evolving Riolu is a waste because of the moveset, so I still won't have Lucario for a while.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on egg events after the event that was supposed to increase the rate of windy weather Pokémon in eggs, like bagon. I was hatching nothing but feebas and larvitar.

And I changed my hatching strategy after adventure synch. Before I would do 3 paid incubators at a time and hatch them over the work week, after adventure synch I only do the infinite incubator and one paid at a time. Of the gen 4 babies I've only hatched happiny.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Gen 4's rollout in general is just a slog.

Some numbers for me -

Shieldon - seen 1, caught 1
Combee - seen 1, caught 1
Purugly - seen 1, caught 1
Bronzor - seen 2, caught 2
Skorupi - seen 5, caught 5
Croagunk - seen 11, caught 11

Not seen - cranidos, glameow
Not hatched - riolu, happiny

I got one each of chingling and munchlax after wasting a box worth of incubators.

Just finally got luxray today by doing two shinx raids and walking one since nearly day one. 5 candies from empoleon.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
So I got a big noob question. Should I fully level up a Pokemon before evolving them?

It doesn't matter. The Stardust and candy cost is the same whether they are evolved or not.

It used to be you always wanted to evolve first because movesets were locked and you didn't want to waste power ups on something that may have a non-optimal moveset once evolved. But now with TMs that isn't an issue.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
No, but I do a lot of raids, so I only power things up when they're a counter.

You could also get a crappy move set upon evolving, but you can fix that with a TM.
It doesn't matter. The Stardust and candy cost is the same whether they are evolved or not.

It used to be you always wanted to evolve first because movesets were locked and you didn't want to waste power ups on something that may have a non-optimal moveset once evolved. But now with TMs that isn't an issue.
Cool. Thanks for the tips :)

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Gen 4's rollout in general is just a slog.

Some numbers for me -

Shieldon - seen 1, caught 1
Combee - seen 1, caught 1
Purugly - seen 1, caught 1
Bronzor - seen 2, caught 2
Skorupi - seen 5, caught 5
Croagunk - seen 11, caught 11

Not seen - cranidos, glameow
Not hatched - riolu, happiny

I got one each of chingling and munchlax after wasting a box worth of incubators.

Just finally got luxray today by doing two shinx raids and walking one since nearly day one. 5 candies from empoleon.
Yesterday I was trying to Pinap and catch a Combee. Not only is it a rare spawn and freaking hard to catch, but after I caught it, I found out it's male. It's like I was being double trolled.

Dammit Niantic how hard is it to add a gender icon on the catch screen

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yesterday I was trying to Pinap and catch a Combee. Not only is it a rare spawn and freaking hard to catch, but after I caught it, I found out it's male. It's like I was being double trolled.

I was only able to catch 1 combee so far but yeah it's so erratic and hard to catch, surprised me. I think it jumped out of 3 or 4 ultra balls too, lively little buggers. 0 Cranidos and Shieldon caught so far.

Yours for just your left kidney

If this is true, team Instinct is about to get even smaller. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here Instinct players often complain how hard it is for them to keep gyms and get extra balls at raids. In my town gyms are about evenly spread between blue and red, with a yellow gem as a rarity.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Eh, I have grown to love being a Instinct, so I don't think I would change, but guess it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

If it helps, Female Combee have a red mark on its head, males do not have this
250px-415Combee.png

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
If this is true, team Instinct is about to get even smaller. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here Instinct players often complain how hard it is for them to keep gyms and get extra balls at raids. In my town gyms are about evenly spread between blue and red, with a yellow gem as a rarity.

Eh, I have grown to love being a Instinct, so I don't think I would change, but guess it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Another team Instinct here - definitely the underdog in this area - however it very much depends on how you play the game and with the friendship bonuses now the old days where a raid would net only 6 balls is gone
Other advantages are that its always easy to get a gym to battle for the quests and you never have the issue that all the gyms your colour are full (if i see a yellow gym there is normally a space to drop in)

My way of getting coins was going round doing the morning stuff - clearing out the gyms in the town of stuff thats been in overnight so easy to kick out - drop something in and even if it does not last long there are enough of them that I pretty much always got my coins

I got 6k dust from walking 50 km sync reward... Was it always this much?
That's a nice amount of dust, I wonder if that'd also double if you had a star piece on.

I also got 6k dust today (no eggs) - on week 1 of adventure sync i'm pretty sure people got up to about 10k but since then it was always much much lower , and yes *any* stardust gets multiplied by having a star piece on (although its 1.5 and not 2x) so if your not going to be sat at work when the sync happens next week it may be worth sticking one on.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I got me the sweet 6k stardust and 5k/10k eggs. Hopefully hatching something good and new.

Status
Not open for further replies.