• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Feebas day returns, but without shiny stress:

clamperl.jpg

The evo's won't be gender based, so you'll have to farm as much candy as possible to give you a few shots at both if needed...

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's a good thing I have nearly 400 rare candy I never got around to using.

How do we know there isn't a shiny variant? The absence of a tease doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
So that means at minimum 15 Research Tasks if everything goes well.
And you'll have to get lucky and get both Huntail and Gorebyss on your first two evolution tries.

This seems way better suited for a week/month-long water event/theme.

Based on what they did with Nincada, I bet Clamperl ends up locked away in 7k eggs a couple months later.

Edit: LOL, I see Nincada was promptly removed from 7ks after the Hoenn event. So it's back to being impossible to get.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The random evo turns this from an okay-ish event to annoyance again. And yeah, locking regular new Pokémon to a 3 hour event is so weird and unfortunate for people who can't play during that time. Even doing a few of those tasks requires some commitment and time. Just expand the event to a few days or a week. I don't like how more Pokémon are becoming limited and time exclusive. You have to keep up with the news updates or you could miss an event like this entirely.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely feel they need to stop these sort of events because it basically means I can never make plans on weekends ever.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Apparently the community manager says Clamperl will be available in the wild after the weekend, thank god. Otherwise there's no way. I'm completely busy this weekend. :( Now I know how others feel when Niantic springs this shit on them with only days to prepare.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Cranidos and Shieldon are also available in the wild, yet I've still haven't caught one. That event will still be the best shot at getting all 3 soon I guess.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The misinformation about Clamperls evolutions being gender based already spread to my local community.

Lots of people are going to get one male Clamperl, one female Clamperl and 100 candy and get royally fucked over. It's annoying because I have told the people who posted the image but they aren't removing it. Meh, I tried.

Looking forward to the event but mostly for the boosted water spawns. I don't have either shiny Wailmer or Krabby, I assume other water shinies might be available too.

Hoping it's better handled than the feebas event. Tasks like "catch 3 water pokemon" would make a lot more sense than the trash tasks from the Feebas one

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me the tasks will be easier than the horseshit that was the Feebas tasks. "Make one great throw" type of stuff would be great.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The randomness is ridiculous. I'm learning not to give a shit with this game. Like glameow is super hard to find but if I just wait weeks it'll be common for something. Likewise for this, I'll give it a shot but I expect nothing. Then it'll show up in 10km or 7km eggs at 0.3% because niantic is shallow and greedy, but ignore that too because months later it'll be a trapimch annoyamce.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Niantic why would you announce a new event without giving people time to plan ahead ...

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Apparently there's an upcoming badge for photobombing. I wonder if the only means of catching Smeargle is clicking on him while he photobombs, and then that gives you the encounter to catch him. Kinda reminds me of "Toasty!" back in the day from Mortal Kombat.

In other news, I had a stack of 4 or 5 Chanseys that completely disappeared when I was looking for other quests today. Any tips on how to recover? If at all?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Aaaand Suicune for like the third time these last couple of months, though I did get Shiny Ho-Oh last time so whatever lol. Still missing out on Articuno and Lugia, but don't think I am going to try for one more time next week unless the next breakthrough is meh.

Also reached gold gym defender for Instinct, so got that pretty cool jacket at last.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
3rd Meltan box, still no shiny.

Of all the weeks to get Suicune, getting it with double candy is a bummer, but so it goes. I don't think I'll ever be powering up one of those.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Today is my 6th Meltan box and at this point I firmly believe I'll not be getting a shiny one but thems the breaks. Also can't really do much for clamperl because I got work that day. Ah well.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Shame the shiny rate for Spinda isn't crazy high.

I've done 8 or 9 in the last few days with no shiny.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The misinformation about Clamperls evolutions being gender based already spread to my local community.

Lots of people are going to get one male Clamperl, one female Clamperl and 100 candy and get royally fucked over. It's annoying because I have told the people who posted the image but they aren't removing it. Meh, I tried.

Looking forward to the event but mostly for the boosted water spawns. I don't have either shiny Wailmer or Krabby, I assume other water shinies might be available too.

Hoping it's better handled than the feebas event. Tasks like "catch 3 water pokemon" would make a lot more sense than the trash tasks from the Feebas one
Annoyingly, people are believing GO Hub's wrong image over Pokemon.com of all things because "Pokemon.com was wrong once", as if GO Hub has been the beacon of accuracy

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
These events are frustrating and stupid. Just make it the whole damn weekend, making people blitz through 3 hours of quests is awful.

Also, why the fuck did they hold Clamperl of all Pokémon this long with a dedicated event if they were just going to Eevee/Wurmple it and call it a day? Niantic can be one hell of a confusing shitshow at times.

inb4 Smeargle is a one-weekend EX Pokémon with a standard, generic move set.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I think the new 4 mons are out of the Disney vault. In 10 minutes got a carnidos, combee, and shieldon in my usual gifts stop.

Or maybe I just got very lucky. I suspect they go through rarity phases and now it's rare instead of super rare.

Specifically for example:
1. In the wild - last community day at the Texas State Capitol building in Austin, which has visibility of stops and gyms of over 50% of downtown Austin, over the course of 3 hours I saw 1 glamemeow and 2 carnidos. Every stop was lit due to the population density and 6 hour duration, so basically per new mon it was a 1/1000 rarity.
2. Egg rates.
-Glameow is now 2.7%, Shieldon 3.1% and Cranidos 0.8%.
-The rates of the last batch, like croagunk and Buizel, started similar and are now nearly 10%

Last edited:

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
It's supposed to be pouring this weekend so I'm not sure if I'll do the event but the trickle of new Pokemon continues......

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I still need 200 Magikarp candy for one of the quests, so I hope they'll be out in force on Saturday.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Got Lugia for weekly research so think that's everything from this set. Was lucky with the recent new so only need to evolve Shieldon now but that's going to take a while as I want to hoard rate candy.

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
The Feebas event in my area was full of connection problems, super low shiny rates, and freezing rain killing the mood. Hopefully late February turns things around ...

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Welp I may just screw the Clamperl event and just do Latias raids.

Whoever makes these decisions at Niantic is dumb.

This kind of makes sense to me. It's a way to further encourage people to get out there, spinning stops in between raids. It's fairly good synergy. Want three potential new Pokémon? Cool. Want a shiny legendary? Cool. Do you want both!? We know you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.