• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Oh, that I totally agree with. Niantic's communication is abysmal and there is no reason for it. They let ad copy obfuscate clarity, which is tantamount to bad copy.
It's also just like...no one complained when shiny Groudon/Kyogre were around for 2 weeks.

You know what people did complain about? Shiny Feebas in 3 hours. Shiny Articuno in 3 hours. Shiny Zapdos in 3 hours. Shiny Moltres in 3 hours.

This to me feels like they hit a panic button because their raid quota for month hasn't been filled because no one wants to raid Palkia anymore.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
It's also just like...no one complained when shiny Groudon/Kyogre were around for 2 weeks.

You know what people did complain about? Shiny Feebas in 3 hours. Shiny Articuno in 3 hours. Shiny Zapdos in 3 hours. Shiny Moltres in 3 hours.

This to me feels like they hit a panic button because their raid quota for month hasn't been filled because no one wants to raid Palkia anymore.

It's all a part of Niantic's compartmentalization of the game. The game started with simply catching and raising, with some eggs. Now we're at a point where we have regionals, raid-exclusives, timed raid-exclusives, EX raid-exclusives, egg-exclusives, sometimes particular egg exclusives, plus all the events. God help you if you're new and seeking a Spinda or Ninjask.

You need a goddamned spreadsheet for the game if you're starting out. Needlessly so.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Just updated to check this out, and oh my god. I am going to have so much fun with this. Think it be cool to take some pokemon plush and try to pose them with the matching pokemon. XD

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
You need a goddamned spreadsheet for the game if you're starting out. Needlessly so.

It's actually pretty fun starting a new account as an existing player.

But you'll still pretty much do all the quests and catch most of the mons by level 30. Then you're left with all the locked-away stuff.

Completely new players are definitely up for a lot of confusion.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's all a part of Niantic's compartmentalization of the game. The game started with simply catching and raising, with some eggs. Now we're at a point where we have regionals, raid-exclusives, timed raid-exclusives, EX raid-exclusives, egg-exclusives, sometimes particular egg exclusives, plus all the events. God help you if you're new and seeking a Spinda or Ninjask.

Very true, even though I applaud most of the additions they've implemented since the launch of the game. As a returning player it's a lot of fun to play catch up, but some of the ugly aspects of the game rear their head. I think the egg system is in the most dire need of an overhaul, what they're doing with the babies (and locking shiny forms to them) kinda sucks. They could start with adding seperate slots for the adv. sync eggs and removing all the Alolan forms from the 7k's. If you look at the current egg chart on Silph Road it's ludicrous.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Very true, even though I applaud most of the additions they've implemented since the launch of the game. As a returning player it's a lot of fun to play catch up, but some of the ugly aspects of the game rear their head. I think the egg system is in the most dire need of an overhaul, what they're doing with the babies (and locking shiny forms to them) kinda sucks. They could start with adding seperate slots for the adv. sync eggs and removing all the Alolan forms from the 7k's. If you look at the current egg chart on Silph Road it's ludicrous.

I may be cynical, but I'm pretty sure this is by design. This is the reason why after years Pokemon Go is top grossing.

90% of my recent frustration is self imposed - I know that glameow, cranidos, and shieldon will become more common over time. But yeah, mantyke, bonsly, and especially chingling are cash grabs.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Who hasn't used a spreadsheet going for a complete Pokédex in a Pokemon game though? :)

I had one going for the main games when I began in Pokemon Emerald until I finally completed it in ORAS after 12 years. (Now I'm behind again :( ) I had one going for the Virtual Console release of Red and Blue. And I have one going now for Pogo.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I may be cynical, but I'm pretty sure this is by design. This is the reason why after years Pokemon Go is top grossing.

90% of my recent frustration is self imposed - I know that glameow, cranidos, and shieldon will become more common over time. But yeah, mantyke, bonsly, and especially chingling are cash grabs.

Yeah that's a sure thing. Even though there's a slim chance you'll hatch a shiny Cleffa or Smoochum, you bet that leads to a lot of sold boxes/incubators. They know what they're doing, that shiny pull is real for a lot of people playing the game.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Excited for shiny Latias but not gonna have much chance this weekend as I'm staying at my boyfriend's place.

Even more frustrating is that when I do get the opportunity the chances are the egg could still catch into Palkia, who I didn't think I could hate any more until I found out it's going to hurt my chances of getting a shiny Latias.

They did this with the Ho-oh and Lugia raid weekend too with Cresselia still showing up. It's dumb. By this point everyone was sick of Cresselia and the same is now true of Palkia

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Did they change the Field Research encounters? I was in need of an Anorith/Lileep to finish Meltan quest and I spotted that the "Make 3 Great Throws" one that actually has a Pokemon Encounter will trigger Anorith or Lileep encounter........
I just did it today and got Gastly?

9uqwKV2.jpg

Is that a bug? Did they change the encounters already? Serebii pls

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
All of this is happening while I'm out of town and now I have to figure out how to coordinate raids in a completely new city this is the worst

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change the Field Research encounters? I was in need of an Anorith/Lileep to finish Meltan quest and I spotted that the "Make 3 Great Throws" one that actually has a Pokemon Encounter will trigger Anorith or Lileep encounter........
I just did it today and got Gastly?

Is that a bug? Did they change the encounters already? Serebii pls
Gastly is an option as well.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yep, it's been confirmed by the global community person who engages with fans on Twitter.

It's a really stupid move

Yeah, found the tweet. I don't get it. Palkia has been here for weeks and will even return for a few days after, why not give him a break for a while. This makes coordination harder and shiny chance even smaller. In my local community no one wants to do Palkia raids anymore already.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to finish up the 5 Great Curveballs with some well timed Zigzagoons. Had 2 thankfully, so I popped one for the heart Spinda, and will hang on to the other until the event ends so I can get Spinda #5.

Oct 26, 2017
Been walking 100 km with my single Finneon and I won't be able to evolve it because it's 38% or something silly like that. Only ever saw one Glameow, one Bronzor, one Combee and hatched a Shieldon (that I evolved using rare candy). Meanwhile the game is throwing event after event at me that makes 90% of the spawns turn into one of ten existing ones.

And eventually, after months of walking and evolving these super rare ones, they'll have an event where they just throw them at us for a week until we're sick of them.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
Yeah, I don't generally walk new pokemon for pokedex entries because we all know they will have their time.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I want to put it out there. Niantic has to walk a fine line. We all complain that we want to see more of certain species, but then when we all have what we want, we no longer want anything and so we become bored with the game. The only point of playing the game is to feel lucky. If our experience doesn't feel special in some way, be it species, shiny, moveset, iv, because everyone has easy access to all of those unique things, then we shrug our experience as a vanilla waste of time. Catching a shieldon is exciting right now. I enjoy the feeling of finding one. It's like going to Vegas but not having to spend $500 and the reward is way cuter and cooler than winning money, and I get some motivation to exercise. The minute everything is easy, I'm not special in my fortunes and neither is anyone else. Niantic knows this, and for that reason, we will always have pokemon that are hard to get. We will always have a chance to feel really lucky, and unfortunately, a chance to feel really unlucky, jonesing for that rush and angry when we don't get it.

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/teamchange2019/

Trainers,

Taking down Gyms and battling in raids have been a team effort over the last two years. Whether you're on #TeamInstinct, #TeamMystic, or #TeamValor, you came together with your teammates and helped one another be better Trainers. We've loved watching you share your team pride and band together with others to take on new challenges. Are you ready to take your talents to a new team? The team leaders would be excited to recruit you!

We're happy to share Team Change with you. Later this month, starting at 1:00 p.m. PST on February 26, Team Change will allow Trainers to change teams once per year. Interested Trainers will be able to purchase a Team Medallion for 1,000 PokéCoins from the shop.

Choose your team wisely, Trainers, as you may only purchase a Team Medallion once every 365 days. Once purchased, you can find the Team Medallion in your Bag. When you decide to activate it, you'll be guided through the team-selection screens to choose your new team.

Any of your Pokémon that are in Gyms when you change teams will be returned with no PokéCoins earned once it's defeated. You also can't battle your own Pokémon, so if you return to a Gym one of your Pokémon is defending, your Pokémon will be returned to you with no PokéCoins earned. (You'll be able to find more information on our Help Center page.)

We can't wait to see the new Gyms you win with your friends and Pokémon! There's just one question: Will you be hatching Eggs with Spark, conducting research with Blanche, or battling alongside Candela? Let's team up and GO!

—The Pokémon GO team

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Is glameow hard to find ?
That thing was everywhere for me last week, I must have caught 12 plus 3/4 purugly in the wild.
And I just want a Pichu :(

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Got a 100% Aerodactyl. If only it were useful.

Saved a Spinda quest to claim when the event ended so I got that damned #5.

Is glameow hard to find ?
That thing was everywhere for me last week, I must have caught 12 plus 3/4 purugly in the wild.
And I just want a Pichu :(
It might be highly weather-dependent. I've caught one Glameow and seen the Purugly shadow a couple times.

I had a week in January with cloudy weather where Croagunk and Skorupi were fairly common, but haven't seen much since (although the events play a part in that).

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Just seems kind of expensive and a bit late, if you weren't in a team with friends you would probably have made a new account by now.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
What do you all do if you know your friend is spoofing? I hate cheating but at the same time it's a friend...

I'd say that ruins the fun and I'm not a fan of spoofing, and I would show complete indifference and disinterest to anything he catches from now on. It literally ruins the whole point of the game, for reasons I said in my previous post above. All of his trophies are non- impressive; he may as well be posting ratattas, because its all meaningless now in terms of his storied adventure with PoGo.

let them and have him give you regional Pokemons

Lame.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say that ruins the fun and I'm not a fan of spoofing, and I would show complete indifference and disinterest to anything he catches from now on. It literally ruins the whole point of the game, for reasons I said in my previous post above. All of his trophies are non- impressive; he may as well be posting ratattas, because its all meaningless now in terms of his storied adventure with PoGo.

Lame.
Yeah what's the point? Every time I see a Relicanth in a gym, it pisses me off because most likely it's not caught or traded legit.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having issues with their Pokeball Plus after yesterday's update? Started sending me push notifications on my phone which was new and annoying, but it also reaaally doesn't want to spin pokestops any more.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone having issues with their Pokeball Plus after yesterday's update? Started sending me push notifications on my phone which was new and annoying, but it also reaaally doesn't want to spin pokestops any more.
You can turn off the notifications in your app settings on your phone, but yeah it was really annoying because my phone was vibrating whenever the pokeball was and it was really distracting lol

Status
Not open for further replies.