• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably spoof if I could be bothered to get into raids that actually had other people in them, but I was paranoid enough logging into my account when travelling to the US legitimately. The only raid groups traffic here is when a new Pokemon appears. Multi account spoofers that empty a gym at 0200 with their other team accounts just to fill them with their 6 Pokemon even if you're in the same team as them are a little frustrating. That's just mean spirited, but in the end we're just fighting over a few Pokecoins.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I figured Niantic would have spoofers figured out by now; is this still a rampant issue that goes relatively undetected?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
It's not as bad as it was before the maps went down. Much less incentive to spoof now that you can't just teleport all over the place catching high level, perfect Mons.

Oh, I'm sure it was a gold mine back then. Is it not possible to implement a function that calculates physically impossible rates of travel in an allotted timeframe?

If someone from the US has someone log their account into Europe, or spoofs there, then logs back into their account or spoofs back to a US location in a shorter time from than it'd take to realistically travel these distances, that should raise some red flags, no?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I kind of miss the Valentines day event. Now that it's over the 3* raids have reverted back to being only possible if you have the perfect counter. I can't even do Azumarill - just don't have enough quick+charged lightning attack mons. My rare candy allowance has been significantly hit by this.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Oh, I'm sure it was a gold mine back then. Is it not possible to implement a function that calculates physically impossible rates of travel in an allotted timeframe?

If someone from the US has someone log their account into Europe, or spoofs there, then logs back into their account or spoofs back to a US location in a shorter time from than it'd take to realistically travel these distances, that should raise some red flags, no?

I just don't think they care enough. Looking at the game, it's probably maintained by a small team of a half a dozen of level 1-3 software engineers and of those half of the time is probably on DevOps and scaling AWS or whatever they're using. Most are probably focused on the Harry Potter game.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
That time period is only one hour later than what we were doing in the eastern US already.

This does mean that APAC ends up going first again though. Wouldn't that mean a return of the server issues from the largest local population + all the early bird spoofers going in at once again?

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just showing incorrectly cause of Daylight Savings/etc.

Edit: Nevermind. lol

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I bet they do the box with ultra balls in it for Trecko. That mon is a fiesty one. I have 600 super balls stashed up already so I should be fine.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
3pm to 6pm is far less convenient for me. I usually see my boyfriend every Saturday but he works until 3pm, so I usually have time to do the community day before I meet him.

Now I'm going to struggle to do all of them in the future which is fucking stupid.

Also this benefits spoofers more than anyone else so woop, really good work there.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Apparently there's some Ingress event earlier on that date.

So they're just testing this to see how it goes.

I wonder if they even considered that it'd be dark in some places after 5pm. Seems like maybe 1-4pm would've been a smarter time.

Latias raid has been extended to a whole week at least.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's some Ingress event earlier on that date.

So they're just testing this to see how it goes.

I wonder if they even considered that it'd be dark in some places after 5pm. Seems like maybe 1-4pm would've been a smarter time.
Definitely had an Ingress group show up in the middle of a community day group in December.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
At least them extending Latias means they finally listened to the complaints.

Not that it helps too much with Palkia still being around till the end of the month.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Thank god they extended Latias. Now I will have a shot at a shiny.

I'll be skipping the Clamperl event most likely though. Hopefully it's like Feebas and Finneon, a semi-rare spawn in water biomes.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just opened my breakthrough, last chance at getting the one dog I was missing... and it was Raikou! Praise rngesus, over the course of these bird/dog months I've been able to get every one I was missing. I know (and hope) they'll return to raids at some point since the dogs haven't gotten their shiny variant, but I'm glad to get every one in the dex. One thing all these boxes had in common was giving me low IV's. My 86% Entei was the highest one I got over all of them.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Smeargle is in the new Android loading screen photobombing Mr mime so i was kind of thinking it might be related to taking AR photos.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I was watching a yt vid of Nick/Holly and one of the tutorial screens has something about 'a surprise' may happen when you're taking a pic of the Pokémon. I think there'll be a random chance of Smeargle indeed photobombing your AR pic.

Last edited:

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Two raids back to back in a pretty good spot, and walked away with a Latias and Palkia. Nice that they extended the event, but glad I already have Latias. <3

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Latias. She's pretty obnoxious to catch. Seemed to me that the circle setting trick wasn't working at all on her.

Now I'm only missing Latios and Rayquaza from the legendaries.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
0/7 on shiny Latias so far. I can already tell my luck on this is going to suck.

Did just catch a 93% shiny Chikorita though. Not that I needed more of those.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Awesome way to start the day, i had a level 1 raid in near by and i did it just to spend the free pass and got this.

VOfvnGA.png

HELL YEAHH :D

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just annoyed when I get a Dratini or Beldum. Even if they're 100%, there's no way they'll be anywhere near as good as a 78% one evolved on the community day because of the exclusive moves. Sure, there will be a day to catch up, eventually, but for now I'd much rather have something actually new.

Kind of the same with any new starter, it's a waste to evolve a good one before CD.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm just annoyed when I get a Dratini or Beldum. Even if they're 100%, there's no way they'll be anywhere near as good as a 78% one evolved on the community day because of the exclusive moves. Sure, there will be a day to catch up, eventually, but for now I'd much rather have something actually new.

Kind of the same with any new starter, it's a waste to evolve a good one before CD.

That's true for Beldum but not Dratini. Outrage > Meteor. As long as you have tm's you can make the best Dragonites.

I also have a few 98 Beldums that I'll keep unevolved in the hope meteor mash returns.

Oct 26, 2017
That's true for Beldum but not Dratini. Outrage > Meteor. As long as you have tm's you can make the best Dragonites.

I also have a few 98 Beldums that I'll keep unevolved in the hope meteor mash returns.

Huh, really? It must have changed at some point, I noted earlier that Outrage was an acceptable substitute. I keep an Excel sheet to keep track of which ones are actually useful and which I need to work on, because the game certainly doesn't make that easy. I may need to level up some more then.

Another flaw with the CD is that basically all my top 20 are Dragonites, Metagross and Tyranitars with only the top legendaries like Mewtwo being competitive. 3x3 hours of play makes almost all other time spent on the game useless in terms of raid/duel/gym viability.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get 36 tasks done in a bit more than an hour, for a total of 216 Candy in catches. Tasks were really easy, I only skipped one 'participate in a raid' task.
Took two Shiny as well, so I'm going to hope they evolve right. Best Shiny is 537, best normal is 539. Happy with that.
Edit, got lucky, managed both Hunttail and Gorebyss as Shiny.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
u5sI7Jy.png

Surprise shiny forms, but completely done 2 hours into the event. And I got a shiny feebas. This was fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.