• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Managed to get 4 shiny Clamperl overal. 1 evolved into Gorebyss and the other into Huntail, so got shiny versions of them all, yay

No other shiny Pokemon which is a shame though. I tapped on so many Krabby

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if we will be getting a special event for Pokemon Day since there isn't anything going on now other than Shiny Meltan and Shiny Latias

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to get just above 200 candy and three or four shinies. I evolved my first two (both 91%) and got both different ones. I did three Latias raids too, got two of them but none very good. Still a good result for the day.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Someone in my chat group has 9 shiny gorebyss and 0 huntail lol

That must feel bad. That's some terrible luck.

Looked it up and had 6/63 shiny encounters for Clamperl. That was a much better rate than the Feebas event. Met someone today who managed 90+ tasks and got 14 shinies. Overall this was a really fun event and it seems like the reception is a lot better than Feebas' too. I guess the only downside is the random evo's, got lucky there but it must suck if you didn't.

Also caught my first Latias today, but no shiny luck yet. Someone in my group got 3 shiny Latias out of 10 raids...

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Shiny rate seems to be 1/10. I'll probably stop if I can get 5 or 6 before the 3 hours are up.

Edit: The Use 3 Berries quest locks people out now. I don't know how Niantic keeps managing to screw things up.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Well damn I got lativas a shiny of each evolution. Sometimes things go your way. I bet half of you aren't going to be so lucky and that sucks

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Felt like a bit of a burn-out day.

So many catches, raids, hatches, gifting, trades, item management, shinies while on the move.

Did get my first Shieldon and first shiny Feebas, though.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Only did a short run, but was taken a back by all of the water pokemon. XD Didn't feel like doing much even then, but what is this about the 3 berries quest? I got that to do later.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Anyone playing on an iPhone SE? I have an annoying bug in the latest version: I don't see move names anymore. I've gotten used to not seeing the damage counter (that's been gone for ages), but now even the move names are dusted:

Tried restarting the app, rebooting the phone, doesn't fix it.

edit: looked around, appears to be a widespread issue. For some reason having google maps gps active in the background fixes it, wtf.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bug that won't let you load into the game. It tells you that there is no connection to the server. A lot of people got affected by it.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The only bug I noticed was the "network error" if you viewed a gym with lativas and exited without fighting. Restart the app fixes.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Might be my most successful single PoGo day in a while. Finally did/caught my first Palkia. I missed out on Latias the first time around so I finally caught a couple of them today as well as a shiny one. Got a whole bunch of shiny Clamperl.

Almost as great is that after going ages without getting a single goddamned charged TM I now have 7 in my possession after doing loads of raids today.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
36 clams and no shiny. Kind of shocked at how unlucky I was. I did get a shiny Psyduck and shiny Latias so there's that at least. Guess I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Also, my stacked rewards completely disappeared. Not sure if I accidentally went over 100 or it just glitched out of existence.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Well I had to start playing on my alt since my main account was bugged less than 30 minutes in.

Managed 7 shiny Clamperl out of 53 quests.

Also got a shiny Latias.

Still would have preferred doing all this on my main account, but honestly having an alt saved me from being super disappointed while Niantic works out whatever they're doing.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
0/6 on Latias so far. Haven't tried to raid today since I'm traveling and they extended it anyway.

3/41 on Clamperl (what Pokedex number is it anyway lol). I started in the suburbs because I was told it would be ok, but it very much wasn't; I ended up stopping only ten minutes in and driving over an hour back into the city to salvage the event. My first shiny was caught in the last half hour. I haven't tried to evolve any yet.

Last edited:

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
0/6 on Latias so far. Haven't tried to raid today since I'm traveling and they extended it anyway.

4/? on Clamperl (what Pokedex number is it anyway lol). I started in the suburbs because I was told it would be ok, but it very much wasn't; I ended up stopping only ten minutes in and driving over an hour back into the city to salvage the event. My first shiny was caught in the last half hour. I haven't tried to evolve any yet.
Pokedex #366

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks about the bugs people encountered.

Girlfriend and I got about 20 clamperl apiece. 4 evos, all huntail, so hopefully not too rare in the future. We also both got a latias, so I'll call the day a victory. I also finally got evolve an empoleon, too.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow is my last shot to get a Ho-oh.

Don't worry it will be back, it and Lugia are the most repeated legendaries.

For the event I ended up with 3 shiny out of 26, enough candy to evolve 3, did all my shiny, all 3 evolved to Gorebyss. Luckily a best friend had the exact opposite luck, so we're going to trade.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Sucks about the bugs people encountered.

Girlfriend and I got about 20 clamperl apiece. 4 evos, all huntail, so hopefully not too rare in the future. We also both got a latias, so I'll call the day a victory. I also finally got evolve an empoleon, too.

While I got lucky, I still hate this event format. Yes, 50% of people will get both with the 2nd evolution, but you are part of the 12.5%. Now who knows when you'll have enough candies? Random evolutions for an event would only be fair if it was 2x catch candy and a normal community day, because the. It is virtually 100% and if somehow you lucked out youd probably be with a group of friends and trade.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Don't worry it will be back, it and Lugia are the most repeated legendaries.

For the event I ended up with 3 shiny out of 26, enough candy to evolve 3, did all my shiny, all 3 evolved to Gorebyss. Luckily a best friend had the exact opposite luck, so we're going to trade.

Yeah I hope so. At one point dragonites were hard to get and now everyone has 3 or more it seems like. I still need zapdos to finish kanto.

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
Enough candies for 2 evolves and a bit for power up but I started an hour late and was doing more walking than driving around. Got a 93% shiny and a not so great shiny. No shiny Latias out of the 4 today but got a 96% (which will just go with my other 2 96% I caught when Latias first came out).
I liked the quests themselves in that they all sort of feed into one another. Read about the catch a krabby quest causing lockouts for people so I avoided those for a bit.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was a lot better this time. Only spun 11 pokestops and got 3 shinies. Still got a few outstanding. The quests were a lot better and more fun this time around.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Tried but it was so buggy that I gave up after catching 4. Research tasks just stopped showing up altogether and the ones I had just disappeared. I got one shiny at least

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Only managed an hour on the Clamperl event, didn't get a shiny (was more rural, so less Pokéstops to choose from.

However, had more luck with Latias earlier. 6 raids, 5 caught and 1 shiny.

Lunar FC

Oct 25, 2017
Ended the grind sesh with 6 shiny Clamperl. Unfortunately one of my friends finished with more along with shiny versions of Latias x2, Psyduck, Krabby and Feebas.

I swear he cheats.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get 55 Clamperl with 6 shiny. My first three evolutions all went Gorebyss. Thankfully the next was Huntail. I'll save the other two.

Didn't have any other shiny catches, and I suck at catching Latias. Went 1/3 today, plus one yesterday. Naturally the ones I did catch were the weakest of what I encountered.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
My rates were low compared to a lot of people.

I got 4 shiny Clamperl out of 62 quests, but I thankfully got both Huntail and Gorebyss from two evolutions. Also got shiny Krabby.

Was a successful day when all things are considered.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
That was a fun event. I ended up with 7/33 shinies and got lucky with both evolutions on the first attempts. Plus I caught a shiny Krabby, caught/evolved a few water type evolutions I was missing and finished the day off doing a raid and catching a 91% Tyranitar. It's like the polar opposite of my luck last week and as an event, the polar opposite of the junk Feebas event last month.

Now hopefully my luck will hold till tomorrow and I'll get one of the last two Breakthrough legendaries I need (Moltres and Suicune).

Status
Not open for further replies.