• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
There's a decent mix of old and new around here.

Definitely a lot more gen 1+2 trash, but I still managed to get 2 new ones yesterday. Lots more Wailmer too.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The pre- and post-event spawn rate for gen 3 Pokémon is fucking stupid. Since the event ended I've only seen two or three Torchic and literally nothing else.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
There's a very high chance you'll catch it. Just remember to use Golden Razzes.

You just go there at the scheduled time. Arranging a raiding team is advised but not necessary. People will show up for a Mewtwo. Good luck!

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I thought I'd get another pass, given I raided 3 times in one of the gyms they sent invites to and this one is a lot closer to where I live, like 10 blocks close. I think I'm gonna drive down on Tuesday to the one I got a pass for lol, my sister let me borrow the iPhone she's not using so I can use my low level account too, which also got the pass.

Peristerium

Oct 28, 2017
No EX raid pass for me. :(

Oh well, at least I only have to collect 80 more candies to get my 100% Wailord. I wanted to catch the wild Wailmers to add to the candy bank but today's weather left me melting so I'd rather take my time.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks. What are the odds of not catching it? I'd be furious if I won't.
How many people do you need to beat it? Does it work like a regular raid?

The lowest I've completed one with was 7 but we did have plenty of time left - as others have mentioned curve / golden rasp / excellent or great throws should get you it , but if not then just get the next one.

For battling you want dark so Tyranitar (as mentioned) - even if Mewtwo has focus blast it just means they kill it in one charge move - as long as you have the people its fine to churn through the tyranitars (who do excellent damage) knowing they are going to faint - other suggestions are Gengar (also good for damange but dies straight away with a charge move) , Houndoom with double dark moves (does not have the same weakness to fighting) - if you want something tanky then Lugia will survive a few hits and still do reasonable damage.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself a 100% Wailmer this morning. Lv 29 too. Still need like 250 more candies to evolve it of course.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
So what i dont understand about the weather stuff is that AccuWeather says it's foggy out but it's not foggy in game. Why is that?

Weather can be different in different locations so if you move from one side of the road to another the weather can change as you cross some invisible boundary
Weather in game also changes at most once each hour (at the hour) so if its rainy at 15:01 then its rainy until 16:00 in game even if the real rain stops at 15:02 (or never even started but was forecast)

There are a few discussions TheSilphRoad reddit about the weather but its very much guesswork at the moment

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, that's neat. Just noticed I still have a Pokemon in a gym from 1 week ago from my Near Years trip to Charleston SC. From a gym I randomly placed a Pokemon in while we were driving around downtown / walking around DT. When driving around / being driven, I keep the Pokemon on Recent so I can quickly add random pokemon to a gym. I really kinda hope that it's still there by end of the month, would really love a Gold gym there, all by leaving 1 pokemon. lol

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Finally back at work today after a long vacation over the holidays and it is looking like I should be able to get my Wailord by the end of the week. Quite a few Wailmers here at the water biome where I work.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I thought I'd get another pass, given I raided 3 times in one of the gyms they sent invites to and this one is a lot closer to where I live, like 10 blocks close. I think I'm gonna drive down on Tuesday to the one I got a pass for lol, my sister let me borrow the iPhone she's not using so I can use my low level account too, which also got the pass.

I hope this turns out well for you, and you end up satisfied.

Even if you're lucky enough to beat Mewtwo and catch it, be prepared to possibly receive a 66.7% Mewtwo. My interest in IVs significantly went down, but even that rating is just too low for a Legendary in my eyes.

Ultimately, I think you will get a chance in your hometown. The best way to go is to not even think about getting the EX pass. Even though you do have to raid at particular locations, it doesn't have to be frequent.

Every pass that I've gotten came from Bronze Gyms that I only raided a few times. Two were from the same Gym, and my current one is from a different location.

The popular YouTuber Reversal hasn't received a pass, and that guy plays like an insane amount. He hit level 40 ages ago. It's almost as if Niantic knows who is playing too much...

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is no reason to be disappointed in any Mewtwo's IVs, it has an attack stat of 300. IVs will make it 310-315.

You can't defend with it so the other stats don't matter much.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Only downside of Mewtwo is that its best special is Shadow Ball, which is awful against the best defender in the game: Chansey and her bigger sister Blissey.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only downside of Mewtwo is that its best special is Shadow Ball, which is awful against the best defender in the game: Chansey and her bigger sister Blissey.

Yeah but it'll help you solo Alakazam and Gengar. Plus it's good against Mewtwo which can help you get that Focus Blast Mewtwo you've always wanted.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
There is no reason to be disappointed in any Mewtwo's IVs, it has an attack stat of 300. IVs will make it 310-315.

You can't defend with it so the other stats don't matter much.

Oh, I know the math. The stats are negligible, but 10-10-10 is still the worst possible spread you can get. Even for non-completionists, that would sting knowing you got the weakest one.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I hope this turns out well for you, and you end up satisfied.

Even if you're lucky enough to beat Mewtwo and catch it, be prepared to possibly receive a 66.7% Mewtwo. My interest in IVs significantly went down, but even that rating is just too low for a Legendary in my eyes.

Ultimately, I think you will get a chance in your hometown. The best way to go is to not even think about getting the EX pass. Even though you do have to raid at particular locations, it doesn't have to be frequent.

Every pass that I've gotten came from Bronze Gyms that I only raided a few times. Two were from the same Gym, and my current one is from a different location.

The popular YouTuber Reversal hasn't received a pass, and that guy plays like an insane amount. He hit level 40 ages ago. It's almost as if Niantic knows who is playing too much...
I already drove down lol, gonna be staying at my aunt's and will go to the gym half an hour or early or earlier if necessary to secure gym control, but I might not, I dunno lol it'll depend on my mood, but I definitely plan to be there before the raid starts. As long as I get one no lower than 84% I'll be ok with it and power it up, but my luck is shitty most of the time for things like this lol, will probably get a 70% one.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
a 10/10/10 Mewtwo is still stronger than a 100% Alakazam or Espeon and still worth powering up

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game has turned into a glitchy/freezing mess over the past two weeks for me. I can barely do anything without the game freezing. I always end up exiting the app then going back in to correct something only for it to freeze again. What's going on? I've never experienced this before.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm experiencing overheating myself, it may have started around the weather update. Also the GPS error is still far too common.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Caught Mewtwo on both accounts on the first ball lol. My low level one got a 2269 CP one while the main one got a 2241 CP one. Both are very good, can't complain and it's time to power them up! Someone scored a 100% Mewtwo! And there was this guy with 4 Mewtwo in one account lol... wow...

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Caught Mewtwo on both accounts on the first ball lol. My low level one got a 2269 CP one while the main one got a 2241 CP one. Both are very good, can't complain and it's time to power them up! Someone scored a 100% Mewtwo! And there was this guy with 4 Mewtwo in one account lol... wow...

Congrats.

Seems like Niantic only wants me to have one Mewtwo. This one was 2264, but it just didn't want to stay in the ball despite getting great and nice on my curveballs.

I was so sure that I would get it with 11 balls. Even though 9 of them actually hit, odds were still high. Kind of annoying to see how effortlessly others caught theirs, but it was their first chance so they deserved it. I had a few opportunities long before them.

Oh well, life goes on. Maybe, I won't even bother showing up to EX Raids even if I somehow get another one down the line.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You won't show up...?

I don't think there's an angry.gif that sums up my feelings on that sentiment properly... lol

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Pokémon GO had some type of desire sensor today. The RNG was ridiculous.

I fought a Groudon about 30 minutes before the Mewtwo. Its stats were crappy, and I didn't even care about catching it. I got it on the first throw, anyway.

Combining that with the Mewtwo results made me a bit salty.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Well, I used up all my remaining Rare Candy on my original Mewtwo and it's still at level 37! Ridiculous.

I don't grind raids, so why the hell would I need a second Mewtwo anyway given how expensive it is to upgrade? I didn't even need to show up at all when I really think about the big picture.

Will just continue leveling up and work on the Pokédex now. I'm still 13.5 million EXP away from max. Sorry if the double post is bothersome.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well.. Hot damn! Caught a 98% L35 Ivysaur in wild just now. This makes a pretty sweet Venusaur.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
hangongetready / dreamlongdead

I do understand the sentiment here - the whole handling of the EX raid passes in the game is a constant source of frustration for a lot of people and those who have had multiple get a lot of ... hate is the wrong word but negativity because they happen to be the ones that Niantic are pulling out of the hat.

Our smallish town in the UK has had around 8 or 9 EX raids so far and had one today - the EX raids all so far have been at 'local' gym's to me and my partner and so we are always doing normal raids on them / interacting with the gyms on a daily basis (and this was long before the EX raids started) and as a result we have been 'lucky' with the passes (although despite the fact we both do raids the same raids some times only one of us got a raid pass and at times that has swapped around).

Today was my 5th EX raid in total and I now have 5 mewtwos (one 76 and the rest are all mid 80's) , this was my partners 4th and she was very jaded by the whole thing (she was not too bothered but caught it on her last ball)

For me even if i was not interested in catching it I would alway try and attend as the numbers for some of our raids have been really low and I would hate for a group to fail just because I was not there
Our lowest raid had only 7 people who turned up so it starts getting into risky territory at that point , there did seem to be a largish split between people who were there for their first raid today and those who have had multiples so this may be something they are looking to try and even out - however given the choice I would much rather Niantic changed the system and did something else

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
hangongetready / dreamlongdead

I do understand the sentiment here - the whole handling of the EX raid passes in the game is a constant source of frustration for a lot of people and those who have had multiple get a lot of ... hate is the wrong word but negativity because they happen to be the ones that Niantic are pulling out of the hat.

Our smallish town in the UK has had around 8 or 9 EX raids so far and had one today - the EX raids all so far have been at 'local' gym's to me and my partner and so we are always doing normal raids on them / interacting with the gyms on a daily basis (and this was long before the EX raids started) and as a result we have been 'lucky' with the passes (although despite the fact we both do raids the same raids some times only one of us got a raid pass and at times that has swapped around).

Today was my 5th EX raid in total and I now have 5 mewtwos (one 76 and the rest are all mid 80's) , this was my partners 4th and she was very jaded by the whole thing (she was not too bothered but caught it on her last ball)

For me even if i was not interested in catching it I would alway try and attend as the numbers for some of our raids have been really low and I would hate for a group to fail just because I was not there
Our lowest raid had only 7 people who turned up so it starts getting into risky territory at that point , there did seem to be a largish split between people who were there for their first raid today and those who have had multiples so this may be something they are looking to try and even out - however given the choice I would much rather Niantic changed the system and did something else

If active players don't get their Mewtwo by at least Spring, then Niantic will have a serious problem on their hands. What I do know for certain is that the number of raids, raid level, and your Gym Badge status has no effect on your chance of getting a pass. You just to be at the right place at some magical time period. If Niantic said otherwise, then they're lying.

I really didn't mean to upset anyone. My failure to catch despite doing proper throws was pretty hard to deal with today, but I'm still one of the fortunate ones overall. After what I've experienced with catch rates, I can easily go several months before I receive another invite.

I don't play this game often enough to even attempt any min-maxing on multiple Pokemon, especially Legendaries. The number of Legendary Raids I've done (which is merely 57) is paltry compared to some people here, so I simply never had many resources in the first place. My non-Legendary Raid frequency is not high, either. But you make a good point about helping out other players, so that will give me reason not to skip my next invite.

The system has major problems, but I've repeatedly told people that they will eventually have their chance. Players aren't going to tolerate missing out for the next several months, and something will happen if the situation gets that dire. I suggest that people shouldn't grind and actively try for passes. I never played Pokemon GO like that at all, and this is just setting up people for frustration in general. I've been casual for quite a while, but I know others are different and I do sympathize.

Magik

Oct 25, 2017
The system has major problems, but I've repeatedly told people that they will eventually have their chance. Players aren't going to tolerate missing out for the next several months, and something will happen if the situation gets that dire. I suggest that people shouldn't grind and actively try for passes. I never played Pokemon GO like that at all, and this is just setting up people for frustration in general. I've been casual for quite a while, but I know others are different and I do sympathize.

I think you are correct in that as time goes by something is going to happen as the frustration has been building up for a lot of players that I have come across and myself to a certain extent. Just today, I heard about a situation at a EX raid where a women who had only raided there once was heckled and made to feel unwelcome and uncomfortable by the spectating crowd who by all accounts were the hardcore whales of the game.

I get that the system is really designed to attract new players or lapsed players but to do it in a way that alienates the the core crowd that kept the game going during the quiet times is such a terrible move. To have designed a system to EXclude players seems so counter-intuitive to the game itself. Those hardcore whale players are so jaded by the system that they are playing the game out of stubborness and habit rather than for like they did during the summer.

I honestly don't understand why they won't release MewTwo to the public. They will make hand over fist in money regardless how they do it. 0.5% chance of catching it? Who cares, people will show up.

System has to go or something will happen.

Peristerium

Oct 28, 2017
I got a 95% Groudon from a raid. I guess that's a nice consolation to no EX invite. Although after getting a 98% one, I was mostly doing it just to get more Golden berries and TM machines.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Congrats.

Seems like Niantic only wants me to have one Mewtwo. This one was 2264, but it just didn't want to stay in the ball despite getting great and nice on my curveballs.

I was so sure that I would get it with 11 balls. Even though 9 of them actually hit, odds were still high. Kind of annoying to see how effortlessly others caught theirs, but it was their first chance so they deserved it. I had a few opportunities long before them.

Oh well, life goes on. Maybe, I won't even bother showing up to EX Raids even if I somehow get another one down the line.
Thanks, I try not to stress about IVs anymore, I'm mostly trying to collect the Pokémon I need and catch what I can without worrying too much, but I can't deny having a good one escape would completely suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.