• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Niantic needs to stop with this multi T5 raid spawns. There was this last T5 egg at 6:30 and more then 20 peoples show up expecting Rayguaza and it hatched Dialga. You can hear the roar of disappointment. At least we're having fun as one guy yell 'I'm saving this shit for tomorrow, aint wasting Pass for shitty Dialga' LOL
Dialga is a beast in the pvp meta though. A dragon that's strong against the other dragons.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for a Pokemon to lose weather boosting? I had a Dialga that I swear had a +1 on Metal Claw but it has since vanished.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, weather boosted raid bosses are level 25 when catching vs regularly being at level 20.

Wonderful, thanks. Guess it's good timing to have a metal boss during the snowy season.

On another note I've been lucky with the breakthroughs: first a Regice, then a Regirock (with a dog in between...) It's frustrating how instead of being excited, I dread the breakthrough all week, because I just can't bear to see one of those hunched four-legged mutts.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Woop my local raid group was doing the rayquaza raid at the gym outside my house this morning, I jumped in and caught the thing. Glad I got it because I won't be able to do much more this weekend lol

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Weather is nothing but rain and wind all day. Can't bring myself to raid.

Hopefully Sunday is better. I still haven't caught a Ray.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Got one. People starting to trickle out in Austin. I met a small discord and jumped in a gym and fished out some others.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Pretty great day. It was windy the entire time so every Ray I caught (18/20 raids) was boosted and I had some crazy luck. My first ever raid 100, a 98 and 96. Then 3 more 89's. So I can power an entire team pretty much.

2UokXGT.png

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Pretty great day. It was windy the entire time so every Ray I caught (18/20 raids) was boosted and I had some crazy luck. My first ever raid 100, a 98 and 96. Then 3 more 89's. So I can power an entire team pretty much.

2UokXGT.png

Damn dude. And I thought I did good with 2/4 caught and a Diagla bonus. 30 something rare candies too, my mewtoo is now 3600cp.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went raiding a little this morning with friends. Did about 9 or 10. Nothing special was caught.

Also, now reviewed over 300 candidates (includes edits). The #1 tip I can recommend to everyone here, when you eventually get the ability to submit, MAKE SURE there is a nice way to actually know the thing submitted actually exists where you placed it. Esp stuff in wooden trails. Add a photo sphere. And if one already exists (or street map), make sure it's in that. So many I've either given low stars or just flat out rejected causes I'm not sure. Stuff like wooden trail stuff like markers/info boards I'll approve, cause those are most likely to exist. But random stuff in the street if where I get more picky if I can't tell if it's real or even there.

Oh, and related: For the love of all things... Submit in right location. When submitting, you have the ability to pick where it is, make sure you do it correctly. I'll move things constantly, but if it's too far, I'll just reject, cause it's not there obviously. And related to #1 tip, if I have no idea where it is, it gets rejected.

Remember: The people reviewing aren't local. Don't think of how people in your area would rate it, think of how people 3 states over/hundreds of miles away would rate it. I'm in GA, USA. And I'm normally seeing stuff around FL, TN, Carolinas, and esp frequently California.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
We've had a bunch of new pokestops go live in the burbs recently.

If only people were so diligent adding them in the city centre.

If the building that represented a pokestop gets demolished, will we lose the stop?

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
If the building that represented a pokestop gets demolished, will we lose the stop?

If its reported then from what i've seen yes - if the thing that was the stop is no longer there its on borrowed time and sooner or late it will go :-(
One gym in our town was on a model giraffe outside a tesco cafe - they removed the giraffe and rebranded the cafe and the stop lasted another few months but it the gym was eventually removed

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017

Got my first Ray :D

Btw, when they give the option to all to request poke stops, if request a poke stop in my house will be denied right? XD

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
There was a stop that appeared a few weeks ago which is 50m from my house, it was a lifesize Spiderman mounted on someone's garage. However, between the time it was submitted and approved it's been removed. I'd feel bad about reporting it as it's super convenient on a lazy Sunday.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Much easier adding things to the burbs, as there are more things out there that have likely been not known about previously without giving a 2nd look.

If you know of anything interesting in city center, you should honestly scout it out yourself and let people in your community know.

Here's a good video on what's allowed / not allowed. The #1 thing, is safe ped access. So, like pond fountains and round-abouts. Those are no nos. (unless somehow have safe physical access)

robox

Nov 10, 2017
12 rayquazas and the highest is 2160 87iv.
meanwhile, playing my brother's account who is more casual, he's got 3 that's higher in 6 raids. rngeezus is not happy with me

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Remember: The people reviewing aren't local. Don't think of how people in your area would rate it, think of how people 3 states over/hundreds of miles away would rate it. I'm in GA, USA. And I'm normally seeing stuff around FL, TN, Carolinas, and esp frequently California.
Being in the US, are you only reviewing other stops in the US? Or are you getting some stops/gyms to review from other countries, too?

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Being in the US, are you only reviewing other stops in the US? Or are you getting some stops/gyms to review from other countries, too?
Mostly US. I do get some Puerto Rico (obv i know that's a US territory, lol) and some Mexico portal requests. I do tend to skip candidates if it's in Spanish/etc and it's not obvious if it should be something (a mural or art work I'd likely still review since obv that those are good candidates, even if I don't understand what it says).

So, for those in EU or other closely together countries, I'm not sure what it's like and if it is truly only local or if they get a big range of portal candidates. I'm assuming they get a big range still.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I should star conservativing magneton candies and eeve candies as I only have 50 and 75 respectively and gen 4 in guessing will unlock those evolutions late this month.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I finally caught my first Rays!

Weather-boosted but dodgy IVs. Not sure to try trading them between accounts.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I managed 2 weather-boosted raids yesterday and 5 this afternoon. Got a boosted 89 and a regular 93, so that's a solid outcome. Latios is now the only legendary I'm missing.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
When you're a top tier mon, IV's don't matter. (They don't matter ever, we'll unless you're doing some sort of exotic tier 5 duo)
It's nice to hit a breakpoint and shave off a few seconds if you're participating in a Pokédraft.

I also know people who want to do a Ray duo with 12 unique dragons yeah lol

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I have a question for y'all... Which raids is Rayquaza a top counter for? Is there an easy place where I could check this, too?

I suppose I could just go through each T5 Boss on Poke Genie to figure this out.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wasn't able to do a ray ray raid. Hope I will get a chance tomorrow. It's thr only legendary I'm still lacking.

Also when are they going to put clampearl back inzo the game. I missed the event and I really would want it.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Wasn't able to do a ray ray raid. Hope I will get a chance tomorrow. It's thr only legendary I'm still lacking.

Also when are they going to put clampearl back inzo the game. I missed the event and I really would want it.

Clamperl can be found in the wild already, it was released after that event ended. It's pretty rare though in my experience. I've seen it spotted but haven't encountered it myself.

I have found a decent amount of Cranidos lately so I have my first Rampardos, but still haven't been able to find a Shieldon. Hoping to get it from a 10k once.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Neato. Got my 1st Disney World portal candidate review. Seems like toy Story Land starting to fill in with stops nicely.

Also, taking a look at Pandora World at Animal Kingdom on Ingress Map, that area def improved as well. Now has at least 7ish stops!

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I went through Poke Genie, T5 Raids that Rayquaza is good at:

Latias (#1), Latios (#2 behind Dialga), Palkia (#3 behind Dialga, Palkia), Giratina Altered (#1), Giratina Origin (#1)

All with Dragon Tail + Outrage. Its flying set seems useless as Grass, Fighting, and Bug have other types they're weak to with stronger Pokemon. (ie Psychic and Fire) Though, maybe Rayquaza Flying would be #1 versus Buzzwole (Gen VII), but that'll be in how many years?

I did get a Lucky Rayquaza after a trade, so I think I'll power it up anyway.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Brutal weekend in terms of finding a good Rayquaza.

Which would you level up to level 30 (or higher)?

A-D-HP
14-13-12 - Level 25 - (87%)
15-14-10 - Level 20 (87%)
14-14-13 - Level 30.5 (89%) - Lucky, but would you go more?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all my special research this weekend. Hope they get on with the next one soon. Is good to have something to work towards.

Complete bs about meltan needing 20k per candy when the switch game is really your only hope of candy for him outside of rare candies

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Rayquaza is generally regarded as the 'strongest' Dragon in the game at the moment the fact that Palkia and Dialga get Draco Metor instead of Outrage should keep it top in just about any Dragon vs Dragon battle as well - however i'd personally hold off powering any up until we know what the next set of bosses will be and what you would be using it for - from memory the next few bosses that we will likely face for Gen 4/5 are all bettered by something other than a dragon.

FYI - old bosses that Pokegenie will put my Ray's in against :

Latias
Latios
Palkia
Giratina

And then its good against most things you would use a dragon on (e.g. Dragonite or Salamance raids)

Last edited:

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Complete bs about meltan needing 20k per candy when the switch game is really your only hope of candy for him outside of rare candies

Although he is a mythical you can drop both Metlan and Melmetal into gyms so you can keep throwing berries at them for the occasional candy (but yes really its connecting it to the switch game to get your evolves).

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Brutal weekend in terms of finding a good Rayquaza.

Which would you level up to level 30 (or higher)?

A-D-HP
14-13-12 - Level 25 - (87%)
15-14-10 - Level 20 (87%)
14-14-13 - Level 30.5 (89%) - Lucky, but would you go more?

Actually a post that may as well have been written for you : https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...se_people_are_unsure_which_of_their_rayquaza/

So basically the difference between a 100% Ray and a 67% is about 1 second of life and 0.4dps (over a 20 second life thats a whole 8 points damage more which is nothing)

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.