• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh, does that help catch rate? I'm only Ultra friends at the moment. Another 40 days or so to go for that.

Also, my alt is only level 27. So that could've contributed to the diffculty of catching a level 25 Ttar, too.
Friend level gives bonus premier balls. Catch rate is unchanged, but since you have more balls, your odds of catching before running out of balls improves. Tyranitar has a much higher base catch rate than any legendary.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a single Solrock the first day, only to see 15 of them this past day. A few of them were spawning as late as 9:30 pm. It definitely feels like their spawn rate got tweaked.

It's another busy day at work, so I'm stuck just grabbing whatever floats by the office again today. Maybe I can actually go looking for them on Sunday.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Ohhh, does that help catch rate? I'm only Ultra friends at the moment. Another 40 days or so to go for that.

Also, my alt is only level 27. So that could've contributed to the diffculty of catching a level 25 Ttar, too.

Also remember your alt probably does not have the rock or dark medals which give you a boost to catch it (in the same way Dragon or steel medals help with the current T5) - its only another 2% or so but adds up especially over large numbers of throws

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Quite a good writeup on what to look at evolving and what you'll want for the next groups of bosses.

The one thing I would say (and its covered in some of the comments) is that his T3 list includes Electrivive you can swap that directly for Raikou (or mix and match) as both are good electric attackers and I think a lot more people will have got Raikou in the boxes even if you did not specifically do raids VS people who have either found nests of Electrabuzz or hatched lots of Elekids *and* have enough Sinnoh stones and candies to evolve them

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...ext_raid_bosses_and_what_you_should_power_up/

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I haven't really played much this event but I'm surprised by the lack of Lunatone spawns here. I walked around during lunch hour and found none, only caught 2 since it started.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
They mostly spawn late at night or in the early morning hours. It's not impossible to find them during the day, but they are a lot more rare.
Lunatones spawning in the day is rare to the point we were convinced it was a bug whenever it actually happened. It took a lot of effort to get them when they were first swapped in here because they didn't exist before 10pm.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
They mostly spawn late at night or in the early morning hours. It's not impossible to find them during the day, but they are a lot more rare.

Oh I figured that would be the case after the event ended, but not during it. Thought they'd pop regardless now, but that's good to know. Think I'll bring my gotcha to work tomorrow and try to get a few in the morning that way.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Giratina returns as the april raid boss. First a couple of days altered, then original.

• Giratina (Altered Forme): Thursday, Mar. 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Tuesday, Apr. 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
  • Giratina (Origin Forme): Tuesday, Apr. 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to Monday, Apr. 29, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, Altered Forme is the one that was previously in raids, so there's a quick 5 day rewind for those who didn't get one the first time around or wanted a better one.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I don't play a lot of pvp so I'm not that excited for next month's boss. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's much use for either form outside of pvp. The shinies for both are dope though!

Oct 26, 2017
A fully maxed out 100% Suicine is a worse water attacker than a low IV vaporeon

Yeah, I think I looked at mine and had a fairly buffed Vaporeon as one of my top Pokemon at the time and was really disappointed.

Same with the Regis, really. Ultra poor attack power. Whatever use they have really doesn't transfer to this game.

To be fair, most of my top 20 now are legendaries or CD exclusive, but you can get an ace Salamence, Dragonite, Gengar, Breloom, Machamp, Rhyperior, Electivire or Roserade and have decent damage output. So when would you even need a bad legendary?

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Just started playing this game recently for the first time since it came out. So much more to do now lol.
So much indeed! One quick tip: take a look through all the special research tasks for Mew, Celebi, and Meltan before doing a bunch of evolutions. ESPECIALLY, hold off on evolving Magikarp to Gyarados as it's a late level task for Mew that can take forever to accumulate the candy for.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Same with the Regis, really. Ultra poor attack power. Whatever use they have really doesn't transfer to this game.

The Regis's all have great defensive power , however you cant drop them into gyms so their main benefits are vastly reduced

Rock is a useful rock attacker but Golem / Rhyperior / Smackdown TT are all better - and Ice is a useful Ice attacker but Mamoswine / Mewtwo (with Icebeam) / Weavile are all better so why bother with the difficulty of powering them up via rare candy / etc when you can pick up better high level weather boosted stuff just by going for a walk.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, just got back into this after a few month hiatus. I have a couple questions if ya don't mind.

1. Is Lunatone no longer available in NA or is the swap just for the spring event?

2. Is there some algorithm for finding shinies at a quicker rate? I get it its like 1 in 5000 outside of community days but can that number go down if say you catch a lot of a certain kind of pokemon?

3. Lastly, I did a few raids at an Ex Raid gym yet haven't received a pass for Deoxys. Are they randomized?

Thanks in advance, I'm pretty excited to be back, especially since I have a Japan trip coming up (I know there isn't anything too exclusive to there but still :P)

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Hey everyone, just got back into this after a few month hiatus. I have a couple questions if ya don't mind.

1. Is Lunatone no longer available in NA or is the swap just for the spring event?

2. Is there some algorithm for finding shinies at a quicker rate? I get it its like 1 in 5000 outside of community days but can that number go down if say you catch a lot of a certain kind of pokemon?

3. Lastly, I did a few raids at an Ex Raid gym yet haven't received a pass for Deoxys. Are they randomized?

Thanks in advance, I'm pretty excited to be back, especially since I have a Japan trip coming up (I know there isn't anything too exclusive to there but still :P)

1. It is swapped for the foreseeable future. It might swap back in the fall or next spring; we have no way of knowing. Niantic just does what it wants with this stuff (they swapped Seviper and Zangoose over a year ago and still haven't swapped them back).

2. Nope, no ways to boost your shiny chances. The rate is 1 in 450 actually (for most wild Pokemon) but it's not unheard of to go over 1000 encounters without seeing a shiny. RNG gonna RNG. Don't forget to play during Community Day tomorrow though, as the shiny rate is increased to 1 in 25ish during those 3-hours for the featured Pokemon. Good way to get some easy shinies.

3. The passes get sent out periodically, usually on a Tuesday, I think. Just keep raiding at EX gyms and you will get one soon enough.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
So much indeed! One quick tip: take a look through all the special research tasks for Mew, Celebi, and Meltan before doing a bunch of evolutions. ESPECIALLY, hold off on evolving Magikarp to Gyarados as it's a late level task for Mew that can take forever to accumulate the candy for.
Thanks. Think I'm quite far from evolving him currently lol.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
3. The passes get sent out periodically, usually on a Tuesday, I think. Just keep raiding at EX gyms and you will get one soon enough.
The pattern lately is new EX Raid invites get sent out about 11 AM Pacific time the day before previously scheduled EX raids. These invites are normally sent 8-9 days in advance but there have been a few that went as far as a week and a half in advance recently.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
The pattern lately is new EX Raid invites get sent out about 11 AM Pacific time the day before previously scheduled EX raids. These invites are normally sent 8-9 days in advance but there have been a few that went as far as a week and a half in advance recently.

Or if your in Europe its around 18:00 / 19:00 *two* days before the next scheduled EX-raid - any eggs on a selected gym at the time of the draw can block your chance so all you can do is keep raiding at eligible gyms

Next one is March 28th so they should go out March 26th

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Or if your in Europe its around 18:00 / 19:00 *two* days before the next scheduled EX-raid - any eggs on a selected gym at the time of the draw can block your chance so all you can do is keep raiding at eligible gyms

Next one is March 28th so they should go out March 26th
Ah, indeed; EX Raid invites are sent out at the same time globally but the EX Raids themselves conform to local time, so the further east from the US the longer the effective advance notice.

It just occurred to me Asia/Australia/etc. don't even have to deal with the eggs blocking EX Raids since the invites go out at an hour they don't have raids.

Oct 25, 2017
1. It is swapped for the foreseeable future. It might swap back in the fall or next spring; we have no way of knowing. Niantic just does what it wants with this stuff (they swapped Seviper and Zangoose over a year ago and still haven't swapped them back).

2. Nope, no ways to boost your shiny chances. The rate is 1 in 450 actually (for most wild Pokemon) but it's not unheard of to go over 1000 encounters without seeing a shiny. RNG gonna RNG. Don't forget to play during Community Day tomorrow though, as the shiny rate is increased to 1 in 25ish during those 3-hours for the featured Pokemon. Good way to get some easy shinies.

Thanks for the info! I will try to catch the Lunatone during my vacation in Japan at least. Also hoping for a nice event for Golden Week while I'm there :)

Also, yeah I guess I'll keep raiding at those gyms and be patient.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Weather-focused Limited Research, featuring Lotad!

Trainers,

Professor Willow is looking to conduct Limited Research on the impact of weather on Pokémon, with a focus on the Water- and Grass-type Pokémon Lotad. Spin Photo Discs at nearby PokéStops to obtain Field Research tasks that lead to encounters with this Water Weed Pokémon. While you're completing research, keep an eye out for other Pokémon that could be impacted by weather conditions, such as Castform! See more details below:

Date + Time

• Mar. 30, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in your local time zone.

Features

• Pokémon that appear due to weather conditions will appear more frequently during the event.
  • Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
  • Completing the Limited Research tasks will award you encounters with Lotad.
  • If you're lucky, you may encounter Shiny Lotad and Shiny Castform in its Normal form!

Move

• The move Weather Ball for Castform will be permanently added to the game.

Remember, Trainers! As long as you've collected the Limited Research during the event window, you can complete it at any time. Don't forget—you'll need to venture onward to many PokéStops in order to get new Field Research tasks and encounter as many Lotad as possible!

We're looking forward to seeing you out in the field! Stay safe and happy exploring!

—The Pokémon GO team

https://pokemongolive.com/post/fieldresearch-mar2019

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I wonder what the other pokemons are that appear more in the wild. The clam event had tons of water pokemons, if it's that extensive there could be rare ones that I'm missing in gen2 and 3, but im pretty sure im only missing legendaries and regional ones.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Last time I skipped on clamperl but regretted because of triple stardust. This time, absolutely nothing for me so easy miss.

Yo it's gonna be partly cloudy and they're just gonna boost rats and pidgeys anyway

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Wow for the entire day huh? Feel like that's how the Feebas and Clamperl research should've been handled in the first place. Limiting it to a few hours isn't ideal as quests are involved.

I'll have to do this since I love Ludicolo and want that shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.