• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Shiny Sunkern today. I've had some good luck in the last couple days between that, Solrock and Sandshrew.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
fuuuu ck

I just wasted 75k dust on an extra move for Hitmonlee. I was scrolling through Pokémon after doing a mass evolve to delete/look over, misclicked and confirmed without thinking. I don't swim in stardust so that sucks.

But tbh I'm surprised it didn't happen already. I've hit that new move button way too often accidentally.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Caught a 4th shiny Solrock.

Hopefully we don't have a new event starting after this event ends tomorrow. Would be nice to have a break till Saturday's Lotad event.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Man, I don't really care that much about Lotad, but it's shiny form looks really good.

Hrmm... Increased weather affected pokemon. Hopefully, some of you lucky folks get windy weather. Looks like rain for me, which I guess is good. Tons of spawning Lotads, too.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Hrmm... Increased weather affected pokemon. Hopefully, some of you lucky folks get windy weather.

I think this is often just wishfull thinking - we've had a lot of windy weather recently in the UK the main weather spawn points then are generally full of Abra / Mr Mime / Swablu / Natu / Wingull etc not the Dratini / Bagon / Beldum that everyone would like :-)

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Solrock's shiny rate must be a lot lower than the typical 1/450. It has to be for someone to have caught four of them by now. Otherwise, you would likely have to hit around 1800 encounters, and if we assume that you encounter one Solrock every 5 mins, that would be 9,000 minutes or 150 hours of nonstop play (and not just having the game open, but actively moving around to get more encounters).

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Community day was a bit of a bust due to being trapped at a birthday thing, but still evolved a couple 90%+ Sceptile that I had candy built up for.

The main takeaway from the last few days was hatching a 100% Scyther. That brings me to 7 100% - Scyther, Machamp, Poliwhirl, Nosepass, Wailmer, Wobbuffet, and Aerodactyl.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I provoked 369 Solrocks and didn't find a one but two Sunkerns so it's not like I didn't get anything but still lol.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My egg luck has been really good lately.
I never got anything shiny since they were introduced, but over the last month or so, I got Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, and Azurill again.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Caught my 4th shiny Growlithe today. That's waaaaay more than I've caught for anything else outside of boosted events.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Hatched an Happiny, so another box ticked in the PokéDex. Also found a Finneon, so up to 33 candy. 3 more should do it.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Bagon, nice. One of the top Dragon attackers if not #1. I have 1 Salamence maxed at level 38 and Bagon candies, but Having 3-4 of them near Max will be super useful to solo 3* raids in the future that are weak to dragon.

I feel like we're overdo for another batch of gen4 tho. I've had all available for 3 weeks now. First time I've been caught up and been waiting.

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes Bagon! Weather getting nicer so I expect some nicer community day offerings.

Going to be all over it whenever they do a Torchic one for that shiny Blaziken.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I've got a maxed Salamence, but sitting on a 98% Bagon and over 200 candy right now.

I feel like we're overdo for another batch of gen4 tho. I've had all available for 3 weeks now. First time I've been caught up and been waiting.
On the one hand, yes, bring more. On the other hand, I still don't see the last batch of wilds. I'm at 1 Finneon, 0 Shieldon, and 3 Cranidos.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be out of town that day... Oof. At least I can catch up more in December.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Going to enjoy that, going to get enough to get a Shiny Salamence to level 40, power-up my current one, and then get a Shellgon for my living dex. No way I have stardust for any of this powering up but good enough.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Cool. I've got a maxed Salamence, but sitting on a 98% Bagon and over 200 candy right now.

On the one hand, yes, bring more. On the other hand, I still don't see the last batch of wilds. I'm at 1 Finneon, 0 Shieldon, and 3 Cranidos.

Yeah, they should bump the availability a bit more. I've caught 2 Finneons, a few Shieldon and Cranidos, and I've hatched a couple of each. I blew a bunch of rare candy to get them to evolve. It is doable, but I play basically every day. A lot of people don't.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Oh yeah Bagon! Now that's a fun one. With Palkia, Dialga, Ray's return and now this, anyone should have some good dragons in their team.

Hardly played today but caught a shiny Misdreavus

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Glad they kept the 3-6 time.

Works for me so much better than 11-2.

Still think maybe 1-4 is probably the most fair for the people that want to start early and the people that want to be able to eat lunch.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The trick to soloing dolphan is 4+ rosererades with green attacks. The counter website suggests kyogre and other things that while high dps they die in 2 charged attacks.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Actually the easiest way is probably Gyarados (who doesn't have Magikarp candy) since it resists all of Donphan's attacks minus Play Rough and like Tackle but who cares it's Tackle lol

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we get weedle.

Also, I wonder what the shiny will be for April Fools this year? hmm. Maybe Bedoof. lol

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohh nice. :) . Bagon Community Day. I'm only 10 or 12 shy of the gold Dragon badge, so I'll finally have all of those complete.

I guess my secondary account could use some Dragon attackers, but my main account is pretty good already with a Rayquaza, Palkia, and some Dragonites.

Though, it might get 'Fly' as its CD move.

Status
Not open for further replies.