• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
It's apparently supposed to be pouring here during Bagon.... I'm going to be so pissed if I can't really do it.

No where near a town that you could walk around undercover ?
Or any area where you can sit with a few stops and some normal spawn points ?

Remember for this you just want spawns - a place with 3 stops that you can hit from a single point would be fine - lure them and you'll get a few spawns every few minutes or go to an area with a big multispawn point and wait (there are a few of those points round here - normally in the car parks of large supermarkets)

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
No where near a town that you could walk around undercover ?
Or any area where you can sit with a few stops and some normal spawn points ?

Remember for this you just want spawns - a place with 3 stops that you can hit from a single point would be fine - lure them and you'll get a few spawns every few minutes or go to an area with a big multispawn point and wait (there are a few of those points round here - normally in the car parks of large supermarkets)

Yeah I mean there's places I could go but I typically walk this stretch of boardwalk that has about 60 lured stops so I can get ~15 shinies over the 3 hours. This just means I'll have to lower my expectations.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
This new CD time sucks. I have to work at 5pm so I can't trade Bagons between 6-7pm, get luckies and evolve them to get the exclusive move.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
This new CD time sucks. I have to work at 5pm so I can't trade Bagons between 6-7pm, get luckies and evolve them to get the exclusive move.

I agree. I have tickets at a comedy club at 7pm so I'm going to only participate the first 1.5 hours at 3 to 430pm.

Niantic should roll it back. Community day isn't the crown jewel of a weekend plan. It doesn't belong so close to primetime. It is a side hobby.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yeah I'm stocking up on Pokeballs for mass Bagon catching. Hopefully it gets me a level up as well as a good IV Salamence. Does it matter where I go in my area or are Bagons going to be -everywhere- ?

What metro area do you live in?

Generally good places for getting daily gifts and eggs are also good for community day. In Austin Texas the 2 best places I know of are the Capital building campus and the Domain which is an upscale, pretentious shopping/living/business district. It has tons of stops and tons of players.

You might want to Google around for your areas best places. They looking up pokemon go meetups in your area and where they meet.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I agree. I have tickets at a comedy club at 7pm so I'm going to only participate the first 1.5 hours at 3 to 430pm.

Niantic should roll it back. Community day isn't the crown jewel of a weekend plan. It doesn't belong so close to primetime. It is a side hobby.
I'm sure they're going to be looking at data on if there is more activity between 11-2 or 3-6. Personally I prefer the new time. Gives me the ability to eat lunch and do errands before things close.

Niantic just needs to accept that 3 hour Community Days are dumb though and just make it 9 hours like Lotad/Castform Day.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they're going to be looking at data on if there is more activity between 11-2 or 3-6. Personally I prefer the new time. Gives me the ability to eat lunch and do errands before things close.

Niantic just needs to accept that 3 hour Community Days are dumb though and just make it 9 hours like Lotad/Castform Day.
Honestly, this is the real good idea. The lotad day was so chill because of this.

Dental Plan

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

My friend and I actually played way more Go that day because of how long the time was. We weren't in a hurry and were able to just hang out at the beach and play.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At least we know the next 3 community day events after Bagon. Should help coordinate a little.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Wow... seriously disappointed in Altaria

Why is it so weak when it requires 400 candy

Its CP cap should be far higher

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
UGH

Why do some of the best pokemon get shafted in GO

IM going to be forced to use pokemon I dont even like in high end content arent I?
Nah, unless you're really hardcore and trying to solo/duo raids. Just use what you want (with types kept in mind), most of the time it doesn't matter that much.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
No lucky friends here yet.

But at least all this time in my friends list shows that only one person has bought an additional pose.

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017

Nick expressing what I am feeling but even then I am now rarely able to attend these time-gated events like CD and research days
I just want something to do with my Pokemon. PVP is nice and all but I have to go out of my way to battle someone by first contacting them through another platform and see if they are available. Maybe they need to dial down the emphasis in community and give us more solo gameplay options

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I've always been of the thought that if they just constantly make events about getting a new shiny, then they need to have a damn pity timer so that people that play for hours shiny checking and don't end up getting one at the end of the event due to dumb RNG won't feel dejected right after the event.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
... PVP is nice and all but I have to go out of my way to battle someone by first contacting them through another platform and see if they are available. Maybe they need to dial down the emphasis in community and give us more solo gameplay options

I wonder if they'd be better off creating a new app, separate from base Pokemon Go, that would have all the robust PVP features of the main games. The code base for Pokemon Go has got to be totally bloated at this point.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'd be better off creating a new app, separate from base Pokemon Go, that would have all the robust PVP features of the main games. The code base for Pokemon Go has got to be totally bloated at this point.

Yeah maybe Pokemon Go 2 would be closer to the Lets go Games

I want the full battle system, abilities and maybe some extra stuff in mobile form

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I still need a Regice for the dex, and have only gotten the dogs and a bunch of Regirock. Forget the shiny birds. This is just dumb.
Super dumb. When they added the Regi's I immediately got a Registeel and then a Regice the next week but since then it's just been repeats (I think a fourth and fifth Entei, a third Ho-oh and a second Regice). Also, after however many months, I still need a Suicune. It almost feels like they deliberately make you miss out on one of the trios to force you to trade for it cause I missed out on a Moltres too.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I still need a Regice for the dex, and have only gotten the dogs and a bunch of Regirock. Forget the shiny birds. This is just dumb.

I've even made the extra effort to rush out to a stop in my neighborhood every morning to get a field task daily while she showers for work. She got a raikou...again

I actually only need the robot regi, but this is feeling just like zapdos which I never got. Hopefully the birds will show up in 4* raids again (according to silph road zapdos did once before).

There isn't even silver linings with entei being maxed with all this candy, it's just not very useful.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
No lucky friends here yet.

But at least all this time in my friends list shows that only one person has bought an additional pose.

Has anyone gotten this to trigger yet?

Im not even sure what to look for but Ive been regularly trading gifts and battling since it was added and nothing

Im guessing its rare? When it pops does it stay active till a trade is made?

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Huh, I didn't know Field Research Breakthrough Pokémon could be shiny.

What are the odds of that happening, and how glad should I be of my shiny new Ho-oh?

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
So I started playing again after briefly toying with the game back when it first came out. I don't have mobile data on my personal phone, so I can only play where I can find WiFi. There are a couple PokeStops near my workplace and my home that are within range of WiFi hot spots offered by my ISP, and sometimes I'll take walks in the mall or other places with the same. Is it even worth trying when my old character is just barely level 10 right now and I have no intention of paying for coins? Apparently I also wasted a few Squirtle candies back when I first started powering up the wild Squirtle I caught because it's my favorite Pokemon. Building back up a small supply through buddying with it.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Isn't that very rare? You should probably be very proud of it.
I assume it's rare, I just don't know if it's the usual 1 in 8000-ish rare from the main games, or not.

I think I know who's going to be my buddy when I'm not currently farming candy for a project, at least. But that's several Ralts candy away still.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Huh, I didn't know Field Research Breakthrough Pokémon could be shiny.

What are the odds of that happening, and how glad should I be of my shiny new Ho-oh?
All legendary shiny rates are about 1/20.

But getting a Ho-Oh from the field research breakthrough seems pretty low as is.

I raided Ho-Oh 70+ times after the shiny was released and still didn't get one.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
All legendary shiny rates are about 1/20.

But getting a Ho-Oh from the field research breakthrough seems pretty low as is.

I raided Ho-Oh 70+ times after the shiny was released and still didn't get one.
Ouch. I don't really have a group to raid legends with to begin with, so I've been getting all of mine through field research. This was actually my first Ho-Oh. I was happy enough to see the bird, and then I noticed the tail was green. That did not make me any less happy.

So I guess bottom line is it's rare enough to feel lucky about. And possibly a good place to spend some Rare Candy later.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Ouch. I don't really have a group to raid legends with to begin with, so I've been getting all of mine through field research. This was actually my first Ho-Oh. I was happy enough to see the bird, and then I noticed the tail was green. That did not make me any less happy.

So I guess bottom line is it's rare enough to feel lucky about. And possibly a good place to spend some Rare Candy later.
Ho-Oh's not very useful I think, so maybe no need to spend candy on it.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Ho-Oh's not very useful I think, so maybe no need to spend candy on it.
I suppose. Can't put legends in Gyms for defense, anyway. And it coming in at 1600 CP makes it ill suited for trainer battles without some investment. I suppose the biggest use for it is setting it as a buddy as a vanity thing. But being a buddy is the only guarenteed way to get candy for long term evolution projects, and there's always one of those.

What's the walking distance for a Ho-Oh candy, anyway? 10km? Currently walking a Kirlia and that's 5km. I can't imagine Ho-Oh being less.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I suppose. Can't put legends in Gyms for defense, anyway. And it coming in at 1600 CP makes it ill suited for trainer battles without some investment. I suppose the biggest use for it is setting it as a buddy as a vanity thing. But being a buddy is the only guarenteed way to get candy for long term evolution projects, and there's always one of those.

What's the walking distance for a Ho-Oh candy, anyway? 10km? Currently walking a Kirlia and that's 5km. I can't imagine Ho-Oh being less.
20km for all legendaries/mythicals.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did 11 ho-oh raids.
I got 3 shinies.

I know people in the community who did 100+ and never got 1 sadly.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
What's weird is I've encountered more Gastlies during the Bug event than any afterwards with normal spawns (zero in fact) which sucks because I could really do with a Gengar. lol

Please show yourselves, Gastly.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Phew, community day done. I got 12 shinies and a 100% out of it so I'm pretty happy.

Edit: Oh and the gold Dragon Medal too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.