• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hatched myself a shiny Budew!

D417gyOXoAAkx8W.jpg:small

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Congrats - I thought I must have hatched a lot of them as it seems very common with the current 2k eggs but I've only seen 16 according to the Pokedex.

I have also checked and I'm on 47 Shinx without a shiny - however the gym outside my office has a Shinx raid on it now so I'll see if 48 is the lucky number for me.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I actually managed to get a shiny Lapras from the Win 5 Gym Battles quest.
I've yet to find that quest at all. Apparently the day I could actually get out and do things was the day they decided it was too easy and made the quest extremely rare to the point that the nearest one reported to me today is a nearly two hour drive away.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I've yet to find that quest at all. Apparently the day I could actually get out and do things was the day they decided it was too easy and made the quest extremely rare to the point that the nearest one reported to me today is a nearly two hour drive away.
It's kind of funny how I found the quest.

Someone on my local Discord was talking about how someone in the neighborhood was attacking gyms but not putting pokemon in them. I jokingly said it's probably because there's a Lapras quest nearby and they're all just doing it. So he spent like an hour spinning pokestops until he found it. Was shiny for me but unfortunately not for him which I feel bad about since he did the work to find the quest.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Not a particularly exciting end of the hatch event, but I managed to get my first 10k egg in days with my penultimate stop.

Not sure if I can be bothered to walk another 2.5km to hatch it before the end of the event.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Got a shiny Shuckle, but no Buneary. Also got a shiny Mawile, which has a disappointingly blah palette. Hatched two Bonsly, so I'm back to having all the babies without needing to touch 7k eggs, which is nice.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Between the egg event and Shuckle weekend, I ended up with a shiny Wynaut, shiny Shuckle and my first Bonsly (and a second and third almost straight after), so that was cool. I missed out on a shiny Buneary even though I must've checked a few hundred of the stupid bunnies but oh well.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
My only disappointment in the event was not hatching a Riolu. Thought I had a decent shot at him now since he was in 2k's too, but alas. Guess I'm going back to 7k's

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I didn't get a shiny Shuckle, Mareep, Latios, Buneary, and so far no shiny babies.

On the other hand, I got that shiny Lugia. So I'll live.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Another 100 bunnies without a shiny. I don't think I ever went that hard trying to get one.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I have managed to hatch 7 (!) Mantyke and 5 Happiny but only one freaking Bonsly during the egg event. I am glad that I have all the baby Pokémon now but man it took so many incubators to hatch that Bonsly :(

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Another 100 bunnies without a shiny. I don't think I ever went that hard trying to get one.

Same

My friend got one so maybe he will trade it to me

Love Buneary/Lopunny and was surprised it got a Mega evolution (i havent touched pokemon much since 4th gen) which is pretty cool

Guess Im not alone in liking this pokemon lol

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Created a new gym in a nearby park by my work. I think I've now created at least 13 new gyms.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Man, as much as I self complain about not having the money to buy a Switch, I then end up plopping down $200 for those Chrono Cross concert tickets without thinking it through.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone familiar with trainer name Bulbaflaw based out of the UK?

Maybe Drewtortle as well?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I caught a shiny Lapras for my brother today.

Any time something rare pops up I will shiny check for his account and it was luckily a shiny for him.

I did get like a 6th shiny Scyther though. I guess I can certainly believe they boosted the rate on it while still allowing it to nest which is weird.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
In other news, research being Lugia & Ho-Oh and the Eon twins is kinda nice, though I never got Suicune or Regice. I do get my last research on the 30th, should I claim it then or just let it roll over to the 1st before doing so?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Research Breakthroughs
  • Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, and Latios will be Research Breakthrough encounters starting May 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) through the end of June.
Eggs
  • Different Pokémon will hatch from Eggs starting Apr. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
  • Trainers can expect 2 km Eggs to hatch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bonsly, and many more.
  • Trainers can expect 5 km Eggs to hatch Cubone, Combee, Buizel, Glameow, Bronzor, Skorupi, Croagunk, and many more.
  • Trainers can expect 10 km Eggs to hatch Mawile, Absol, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Riolu, and many more.
Really weird announcement for the eggs. There are only two changes within the revealed lineup.

In other news, research being Lugia & Ho-Oh and the Eon twins is kinda nice, though I never got Suicune or Regice. I do get my last research on the 30th, should I claim it then or just let it roll over to the 1st before doing so?
If you don't have something from the current pool, you might as well try, right? Or be content to wait until Suicune and Regice return to regular raids for shiny chances / signature moves. That assumes you're able to participate in Tier 5 raids, too.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Not condoning or anything, just curious, but do they still mark spoofed Pokemon with the slash through them?

Status
Not open for further replies.