• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Wonder how many of the, I think 17, regular gen 4 mons that will be released. They'll probably keep a few locked until October before gen 5 I'm assuming is released in November for 5 minutes before a gen 1 event starts.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yah, unless they have high IVs and you don't want to roll a dice and potentially get 15 Vaporeons.

That's true, but I've only found espeon to be particularly useful. It's basically 90% of a mew two. And espeon you can lock in by walking and evolving during the day. Espeon is so good I expect it will be nerfed.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Flareon and Jolteon are both useful.

Flareon has higher DPS than Entei and Typlosion with Blast Burn and has comparable DPS with Fire Spin / Blast Burn Charizard. Although Blaziken will trump all of them this coming Community Day.

Jolteon has the 4th highest DPS from a non-legendary Electric type. Electivire, Luxray and Magnezone are higher but you might not have enough Electabuzz and Sphinx candy to power up. Magnezone isn't out yet.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get a 2nd pink Aipom today much to my surprise. Never could find a Psyduck though which while it sucks i'm ok with since I actually got ones I wanted more like that Charmander.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Well, this was a day. After days of grinding without a single shiny, I got 3 in one day: Charmander (first one since I missed comm day), finally an Aipom (550+ checks) and Psyduck.

Something weird happened with that shiny Aipom encounter: when I first clicked it I got kicked out of the encounter and got thrown back to the map screen. Rebooted the app and that turned out to be the shiny. Anyone else encounter something like that? I also got a few 'pokemon not found' errors (not quick catch related), but I'm hoping those were just despawns and not missed shinies :p

But man... so glad. This is the luckiest I've been in this game outside of getting 2 shiny poochyena's in one hour months ago.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
So the new lures are live. Not going to try them until I can read detailed how they work. Cherubi, Magnezone, Glaceon, Leafeon, Shellos, Burmy, Hippopotas are all out.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/bpw8gy/gabite_is_live/

YASS

157.gif

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Caught two Cherrim and Shellos on a walk before knowing there was an update. Nice to actually see fresh stuff when they're new.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Happy that Gastrodon is available.

How do the new lure work? Stand near the Pokestop and evolve a random Eevee?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
For the new lure evolves: make sure you've restarted the app if you haven't done so in the past hour (when the lures went live). Then, you just have to be standing in spin range of the stop with the lure on it. If you are correctly positioned, the evolve button will be a shadow (if you haven't already done the particular evolution) and show the lure icon on it.

I haven't gotten a chance to play with it since I'm still at work, but a Cherrim came by to say hello.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/bpwcvz/megathread_the_frostymossymagnetic_wave_new/

And here we thought Community Day was the coolest thing happening this weekend :) Strap on some running shoes and head to town! Hopefully someone in your community has dropped one of the new lures!

New Pokemon in the wild:

Cherubi and Cherrim
Burmy (Wormadam and Mothim available through evolution, 50 candy -- Female Burmy evolves to Wormadam, Male Burmy evolves to Mothim)
Gible and Gabite (Garchomp available through evolution, 100 candy)
Shellos (Gastrodon available through evolution, 50 candy -- Two different forms, blue/green and pink)
Hippopotas and Hippowdon (Male and female have different coloration)

New Pokemon through evolution at the new lures (No Sinnoh Stone required!):

Glaceon (Glacial lure, 25 candy)
Leafeon (Mossy lure, 25 candy)
Magnezone (Magnetic lure, 100 candy)
Probopass (Magnetic lure, 50 candy)

So far, none of the new wild Pokemon appear to be lure exclusive.

New lures are available through the shop for 200 coins. Anyone can use the lure to evolve, not just the person that bought it. Lures attract certain types of Pokemon --Magnetic lure attracts Magnemite, Electabuzz, and Skarmory, for example (Initial findings here!). Lures will spawn a new pokemon every 1.5 minutes.

Earth Power is a new charge move available for Aerodactyl, Camerupt, Claydol, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Gastrodon, and Hippowdon.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The new ice lure is awesome!! Also got my shiny Glaceon. I'll do the other 2 tomorrow.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Well this is one way to get people playing again. Thanks to the crappy raids and boring tasks, I haven't played all week, and the Pokémap has been pretty sparse too.

I ran out this morning before heading to work, and there were a few lures active. I evolved the 4 lured evolutions. Cherrims were everywhere so I grabbed a few, not realizing that it was the evolved form, not the base. I saw a hippo and burmy on radar but didn't chase after them.

Having a second account is pretty nice for a long range radar of a new stuff if you never actually capture the mon.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing that Shellos forms are now regional, like people suspected it would be. If you got both, congrats for taking advantage of yet another Niantic foul up.

No dice for me.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Tried an ice lure last night after restarting and updating. Was barely in spin access but it didn't work. I guess you have to be a little closer than that?

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Just logged in and saw some new stuff on the radar. Got my Eevee evolutions but I wish I was at my house where there's so many stops. Will be hunting them big time tomorrow.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went to lunch where I was in range of 2 stops & a gym. Lured them up to use Mosey & Electric. Got my shiny Leafon and the other 2 evolutions too. So far, I think the Ice lure is my favorite. Will be mainly doing those for now on. Though, might be a little bit before I buy those. I hope they do boxes of them.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got lucky and got a Blue yesterday at Work. Don't even have the other yet and it keeps showing up on my radar lol.

Also, got yet another Shiny Natu. My 7th. And trading 1 of them away for a shiny Articuno, finally!

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Lure evolved glaceon, leafeon, and the magnet one. Is there anymore evolve ones? Edit: Nosepass and done.

Got a hippo, shellos, and cherrim. First 2 can evolve so need to catch more.

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
There is a name trick for Glaceon and Leafeon by the way, so just buying one Lure is enough.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Glad I had a opportunity to get a couple East Sea Shellos lol. Had a feeling it was a error of them popping up, so I jumped on it, as I like East Sea waaaaaay more.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough, have not seen a Cherrim yet. Only it's evolved version. Caught like 6 of them so far lol

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
So is Cherubi in the wild or just 7km eggs?
I've seen reports of catching it through the mossy lure. Seems to be in 5k eggs.

Gible was added to the 10k pool. Hippopotas also appears to be in 5ks.

I continue to wish Niantic let us delete eggs. Let me grind out 10k eggs if I want to!

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I've seen reports of catching it through the mossy lure. Seems to be in 5k eggs.

Gible was added to the 10k pool. Hippopotas also appears to be in 5ks.

I continue to wish Niantic let us delete eggs. Let me grind out 10k eggs if I want to!

Oh, that's right, 5km.

So basically avoid opening gifts with empty slots right now.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Are they are terrain specific?. I've only seen 2 over 2 hours. 2nd one ran too :'(
Are they? They aren't weather specific because the bunch I found yesterday was in cloudy weather, not rain. Though, I'm sure rain would help them spawn more.

My second account really helped me find so many though... I was only catching them on my main account, so they still showed up as black shadows on my secondary account from far away. I caught 7 or 8 in about an hour, which was enough to evolve.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Spawn point at my house has been real generous over the last 24hrs.

Wild catches of Cherrim, Shellos, Bronzor and a 2623 Charizard, 2449 Flareon.

Status
Not open for further replies.