• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Are they? They aren't weather specific because the bunch I found yesterday was in cloudy weather, not rain. Though, I'm sure rain would help them spawn more.

My second account really helped me find so many though... I was only catching them on my main account, so they still showed up as black shadows on my secondary account from far away. I caught 7 or 8 in about an hour, which was enough to evolve.
They are biome specific. City has trash cloak, parks have plant cloak, and beach/desert has sand cloak.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Are they? They aren't weather specific because the bunch I found yesterday was in cloudy weather, not rain. Though, I'm sure rain would help them spawn more.

My second account really helped me find so many though... I was only catching them on my main account, so they still showed up as black shadows on my secondary account from far away. I caught 7 or 8 in about an hour, which was enough to evolve.

Oh...yeah that's why. I wish they'd do a filter for nearby mons. Because basically in any dense area you can only see nearby for 200 meters are so because all of the nearby stops.

Going with a meetup group tomorrow, hopefully more casual players can point out where the new ones are.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Heads up, the new lures last for the full three hours during Community Day but they didn't seem to spawn many Torchic's, so maybe not the best option.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Community Day report from around the world:
Nothing really all that unusual to report. Shit loads of Torchic spawn just like the last few CDs. The heavy pokestop I started I day at, spawned 7 Torchics at once. I had quite amazing luck with Shinys this time. For the Bagon day, I only caught around 6 shinys. Today, I got 15. :) Though, all bad IVs and low levels.

The new lures do spawn Torchics. Though, not as many as the regular ones. They also recycle their spawned Pokemon every 1.5 minutes. So, if something spawns, it'll despawn in 1.5 minutes whether or not you catch it, and something new will pop up.

Something I would recommend... Cherubi spawns from the Grassy lures. If you've got a cluster of pokestops next to each other, and actually bought some of the new lures, setup lures on those 3 stops and wait around until one spawns. Some of the folks in town did that today and came out with a few. Though, I got way too bored after standing around for 10 minutes and nothing showing up, so I just continued on. If these stops have a good place to sit, and you have something else to occupy your time, I think it's a good way to "grind" out a Cherubi.

Or, perhaps even better, if you have a pokestop centered on your house, or some place with a TV or wifi for your computer to keep you busy, set up a Grassy lure towards the end of the CD hours, so after Torchics stop spawning, your chances of Cherubi showing up increase.

Otherwise... eh. Pretty standard day. I didn't see too many students out today, but I think there were all busy with their prefectural tournaments.

Edit: Oh yeah, one other thing... Pokemon Go on my iPhone 6S crashed every 5-10 minutes thanks to the new update. Be prepared for slow going on older phones.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Planning to put a new lure on a stop outside of the routes that the group i'm in follow, just so it doesn't interfere with other lures.

Used a Mossy lure yesterday and got my hands on a Leafeon (as well as a few other people who made it within the 30 minute slot)

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
The new lures do spawn Torchics. Though, not as many as the regular ones. They also recycle their spawned Pokemon every 1.5 minutes. So, if something spawns, it'll despawn in 1.5 minutes whether or not you catch it, and something new will pop up.
My impression was that those were normal pokestop spawns, not lure spawns. I could be wrong though.

I ended up with only 4 shinies, two in the first 30 mins and two in the last 10 mins. It was a bit stressful at the end there because I just wanted that one last shiny but otherwise I had a lot of fun. Gotta love that 3x stardust boost and star piece combo.

I do wish they'd start these community days a bit earlier in winter though. By the time 6pm rolls around, it's already getting pretty cold and dark here, so the families tend to leave early.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Based on my 4 hours thus far, I'd say this is the rarity of the new mons in the wild, with highest in list being most common:
1. Shellos: If you're in a large city, there's probably 1-2 in your visible area most of the time, but after you catch 1 you'll have to walk around to find them. Only evolves once with 50 candies, so it'll just happen over time. Don't waste rares on this one.

2. Hippowdon: Rare, like bronzor or combee early on. If you haven't caught it yet, you still won't see it on the map most of the time. It'll pop up eventually, but after you catch the 1st, good luck finding more. I've caught 3. Again, I wouldn't waste rares on it to complete the dex, this will just happen over weeks. Maybe moss lures attract these? Not sure.

3. Burmy: Super rare. Caught 1, female. Each gender evolves, so keep each. 50 candies to evolve each, but 1km walk so a good new buddy.

4. Cherubi. Haven't seen shit. Apparently 5km eggs and mossy lures. It's evolved form, cherrim, is pretty common. I think lures for sure get them.

5. Gible. Haven't seen shit. 10km eggs. Wonder if this is our new Riolu pay to dex.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Planning to put a new lure on a stop outside of the routes that the group i'm in follow, just so it doesn't interfere with other lures.

Used a Mossy lure yesterday and got my hands on a Leafeon (as well as a few other people who made it within the 30 minute slot)
Is the goal to evolve pokemon, catch lured pokemon or grind stardust? If it's the first two then my advice is to use one of the new lures right near the end of the event so they stick around for another 3 hours. But if you're grinding stardust then you'll obviously want to use one during the event.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
My impression was that those were normal pokestop spawns, not lure spawns. I could be wrong though.
Yeah could be. The area I was at had 3 pokestops, each with a different new lure, and still had, maybe, 6 Torchic spawn when I arrive with a few more after. There were also Snovers, Swinubs, Butterfrees, and Nosepass popping up. So, :shrugs: I dunno. Mileage may vary.

I did catch a Clamperl from an Icey Lure. First of those I've seen since the research day.

2. Hippowdon: Rare, like bronzor or combee early on. If you haven't caught it yet, you still won't see it on the map most of the time. It'll pop up eventually, but after you catch the 1st, good luck finding more. I've caught 3. Again, I wouldn't waste rares on it to complete the dex, this will just happen over weeks. Maybe moss lures attract these? Not sure.
Weird anecdotal occurrence for me.. There's a pokestop not too far from my apartment that has a sand pit in its image. Both yesterday morning, this morning, and now (evening) a Hippowdon has showed up on my radar there. Could this mean anything?

I've caught one additional than those 3, and someone else reported another one in town.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Weird anecdotal occurrence for me.. There's a pokestop not too far from my apartment that has a sand pit in its image. Both yesterday morning, this morning, and now (evening) a Hippowdon has showed up on my radar there. Could this mean anything?

I assume you mean Hippopotas? It apparently nests (there is a reported nest near me which I am going to head over to later today to hopefully farm enough candy for my Hippowdon). There are individual spawn points which are nests. Sounds like that sand pit Pokestop is a nesting spawn point and its current nesting species is Hippopotas.

Oct 27, 2017
Got two shiny Torchics today. One was pretty poopy (6/6/6), but the other one was relatively decent (14/0/14). He's definitely not as good as my regular Blaziken (14/14/15), and that 0 Defense is quite something... but I guess he's fine for casual gym battles. I'm also quite in love with my absolutely perfect Meltan: 15/15/15. I got it last week just after getting a Shiny Meltan and evolving it to Melmetal...

Anyway, I'm looking for some more friends, since the most active ones in my list are alway maxxed and I need that sweet friendship XP! Please, feel free to add me :)

2893 2235 6645

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I got a shiny Makuhita today on the way home from Community Day. I actually caught it at my front door lol.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty bad day for shinies, but coordinated a bunch of friend level-ups and the weather was good.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
13 shinies. I got like 8 in the first half hour, then it evened out. I made 12 Blaziken because why the hell not

Question: can you get 2 eggs from 50km adv sync reward or is it always 1? I have one slot open and since rewards have changed quite a bit, don't know if it's possible to get 2.

edit: apparently you can get 2, better get rid of another slot so I won't miss out on a 10k. I hate this system, adv sync eggs should get seperate slots

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I have about 300 Torchic candy already. Not feeling too well today. Still plan on going out and hitting up a few spots but I'm not going to push it today. One shiny would be great but otherwise going to give it an hour or so and head home. Blaziken is one of my favorites otherwise I may not even bother.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't leave house as not been well, did catch a shiny though so that was lucky. He sucks but I already have 2 98 Blazikens anyway so was purely just shiny hunting

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I assume you mean Hippopotas? It apparently nests (there is a reported nest near me which I am going to head over to later today to hopefully farm enough candy for my Hippowdon). There are individual spawn points which are nests. Sounds like that sand pit Pokestop is a nesting spawn point and its current nesting species is Hippopotas.
Hippopotas nests so if you're lucky, you'll encounter a bunch eventually.

A hippo is back again this morning, so perhaps that's the case!

Oct 25, 2017
Got a decent IV shiny and called it a day. Now have a shiny Blaziken and a regular Blaziken. Gritty performance considering I had a host of odd issues that I suspect are due to the weather changing about four times in the 90 minutes I was out. There were very small patches of rain that kept getting picked up in game and kept changing the weather and every time it did that while I was logged in things got wonky.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did pretty good for Community day. Caught 7 shinies and gained over 150k stardust. Also cleared out my stacked research

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Got shellos and hippo evolved, and caught both genders of burmy (thanks to the grass/trash/sand forms showing up uniquely).

So now time to grind on eggs to get gible and cherubi hatched and 90km for burmy candy.

Sinnoh gold badge acquired. They've released most.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I somehow got 13 shiny. Evolved my best two and four regulars, including two perfects.

Caught my first Hippopotas and Gible, which was nice. Gible was weak, but at least I can start walking that for candy. I was also able to evolve Probopass, Leafeon, and Magnezone. No ice lure was out.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Got 6 shiny overall, nothing really standout though I was finally able to take advantage of a lucky trade so that felt good.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Got 14 shiny Torchic today including a 100% shiny. First shundo ever. Too bad Blast Burn Blaziken isn't particularly useful.
Isn't it the highest fire DPS in the game? Blaziken obviously isn't as bulky as Moltres or Entei but lack of bulk has never stopped something from being meta relevant before (see: Gengar).

All my shinies were terrible this time around. Probably waiting for more lucky friends to trigger before I attempt to fix that.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Isn't it the highest fire DPS in the game? Blaziken obviously isn't as bulky as Moltres or Entei but lack of bulk has never stopped something from being meta relevant before (see: Gengar).

All my shinies were terrible this time around. Probably waiting for more lucky friends to trigger before I attempt to fix that.
Well even though it has the highest fire DPS, the main issue is that there just isn't much that's super weak to fire to begin with. Especially in terms of upcoming T5 bosses.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Blaziken is good against Registeel and later Kartana (gen7). That's about it, though... I would expect Registeel to come back in raids at some point before Regigigas, but even then.. T5 raids usually have enough people that you don't need the best/maxed counters.

Hrmm... Are there any T4 raids that Blaziken would be good with? Like versus Metagross or something?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Just got a shiny Latias from my Research Breakthrough box. Fuck yeah.

Now can I get a Lugia please?

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
It could drop at any time really, which is why I'm tempted to use up all my coins on the current ultra box. I can afford like 10 of them right now. I'm not sure we'll ever get that 24 pass deal back.
I got that box the previous day so I'm at 38 passes for this weeks goofball raid event though I'm not expecting to still do much.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Had an awesome community day! Started an hour late but ended up with 19 shinies, did my first Azelf, and caught a ton of new Mons.

Status
Not open for further replies.