• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After going 0/50 on my hunt for shiny Lugia in raids, I finally got a shiny Lugia from a research breakthrough.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself a 2nd Shiny Drowzee today while at the Doctor's office! Can now evolve.

D7GXZ09UYAA_Igg.jpg:small

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The Shellos divide was a lot more fair to me than I expected. That was a pleasant surprise today in Madrid

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So weird that (at least here) Cherrim is much more common than Cherubi. I've caught a bunch of Cherrim (both forms), but have yet to find a Cherubi. Guess I'll have to see or use a mossy lure for it.

Caught one Hippopotas and have not seen a Gible yet. Hasn't even been spotted in my community.

Also learned that you'll want to have a few Magnezone. Because of its steel subtype it has tons of resistances and it comes just below Electivire and Raikou in terms of damage, so it's a good tanky option for raids.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen a single Cherubi, Probably caught 10 Cherrims so far, probably seen another 10 on nearby. So odd that they are much rarer, but not 100% complaining, extra stardust. Came in handy for community day lol

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Well, the 5-raid Charge TM will be good for people who don't have a bunch. I still have tons from the last time they were a reward.

I'm super busy at work, but I'm ready to take on some Dragonite raids.

For the new mons, I'm two hippos away from evolving. Though, I could just use candy and no longer have to think about it. I hatched a Churbi when running the other day. Still no Gible. Also only saw Burmy on radar once.

It's been cloudy and rainy lately though. I would assume Burmy would show up more often if it were sunny.

Are all you guys only seeing the closed Cherrims? Or have you caught some blossoming Cherrims in the wild too?

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been really sunny here lately, so most of mine are the blossoming ones. They seem to only spawn that form during Clear weather, so the other one should end up being more likely to appear.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
2 questions:

Can Bronzor be shiny from the task or is it from raid only?

Is the 5 Raid task going to be a good thing to farm to get a bunch of Charged TMs?
It will have the same shiny rate no matter how you encounter it. Raid, task, hatching, or in the wild.

It's fine if you really need charge TMs and have passes to burn. Personally to me it's kind of a lot of you consider 5 raids is the equivalent of about $3-4.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
It will have the same shiny rate no matter how you encounter it. Raid, task, hatching, or in the wild.

It's fine if you really need charge TMs and have passes to burn. Personally to me it's kind of a lot of you consider 5 raids is the equivalent of about $3-4.

I've got 107 passes so I'll be doing as many raids as possible this week. I need a lot of TMs :(

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd hope people be buying the boxes to get raid passes in bulk and not individually. Lol

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Raid Hour done. I'm not sure what the point was of adding 1-3 star raids to the hour because the only one people were interested was Uxie to take advantage of the XP and stardust boosts. If you've only got an hour, you're not going to waste your time doing the weak little ones, though I guess it would've been helpful for the people who aren't part of a local community.

I ended up doing three 5* raids, getting me 120k XP with a lucky egg, and one of the Uxie was a 97.8%, so it was a pretty good run.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Hurrah! My ice teams are strong enough to Duo a Dragonite after all. Though, it's kinda pointless... my secondary is full of Salmence, and my main account has Rayquaza. Eh, well... I guess I can build variety and level 'em up.

It was a clear night so I saw plenty of blossoming Cherrims around. Hippos were boosted too due to the weather.

So far, I've only caught female hippos. Anyone get a male hippo?

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did 4 shiny raids this morning. 2 Scythers, a Shinx & ALonan Raichu. No luck on shinies. Looking forward to raid hour tonight.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Low-key salty my coworker got a shiny Bronzor on her very first raid and I've come up empty in two raids and two quests so far

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Caught my second Gible and Hippo yesterday, plus my first Burmy. Very randomly encountered a wild shiny 13/15/15 Feebas. This morning I hatched a shiny Misdreavous.

I figured it'd be Slakoth since he debuted in raids this week. I've got a 98%er waiting in the wings. It's a shame the evolved shiny forms are so damn boring.

Low-key salty my coworker got a shiny Bronzor on her very first raid and I've come up empty in two raids and two quests so far
The odds seem relatively low, so prepare for more disappointment.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not even raid hour here yet, and already done 7 raids. lol. Sadly no shinies yet.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Work hours are such that unless I get up at 6am when raids start here (why) I'm basically not getting any significant amount of raiding done. I don't get out of work in time to make full use of this raid hour tonight either.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
It went up to 1/125 now lol. There is a chance that it could be full odds to be honest.
The sample size is so small that if I add my coworker's and my results to their stated numbers the rate becomes 1/100.

(I contribute numbers to the TSR research projects when I can, but I usually don't submit numbers fast enough to be included in these real-time analyses.)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Since the 'win 1 raid' quests are very common I decided to stack them. Did 7 Bronzor checks today (1 raid, 6 quests) and no shiny yet. According to early silph road research it seems boosted (1/100 ish), which still is a very small chance if you're not planning on doing many raids per day. I'll do 3 or 4 checks every day but that's it. Since they're not increasing his spawn rate in this event, it's not likely I'll get one this week.

Also: this 'event' week kinda sucks. If they wanted to make it feel like a raid focused week, at least they could've given everyone that second free pass every day. For me it's just collecting some Bronzor quests and then doing Lapras on saturday.

Last edited:

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the second free raid pass isn't every day? Then when is it?

I only did one raid yesterday, so I didn't try getting another pass.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never take anything at face value from official Pokemon channel/website. Only from Niantic.

Pokemon main channel messes up a lot

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
This has to be the most boring event to date. The fact that current T5 boss is one of the least popular T5 bosses ever doesn't help

Status
Not open for further replies.