• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the APK because fuck it the update still isn't live and I need to do mass evolve sessions tomorrow morning lol

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Wish the event wasn't so early. I've just woken up and it's raining and there are no parks near here so I don't know if I can be bothered.

Is it just parks the Pikachu are appearing in?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell. I thought the event was today not last night! So I just completely missed it!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to find 10 Pikachu around a single Pokéstop. That is going to be a nice boost for my medal. Still 160 to go or so.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
img_20180120_124234apsqt.png
My life is complete.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I probably caught 30-ish pikachu without leaving the house.

Hopefully the next Community Day will be more interesting. Make Unown more common or something. Or shift region locked mons around.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Made it out for the last hour-ish of the event, caught almost 50 Pikachu and a couple of shinies so pretty happy.

Umm, I noticed that now the events are over I still can't transfer event Pokemon, what the hell am I supposed to do with them?!

Hope the next event is something like Dratini.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Missed Groudon because I'm not standing outside in the Chicago winter. I really hope he comes back as a special event in the spring or summer :(

Do I need to go anywhere special for the community day?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
A very bad IV first Kyogre in the bag. There was hardly anyone outside today, so I only managed one raid.

mm, I noticed that now the events are over I still can't transfer event Pokemon, what the hell am I supposed to do with them?!
You can transfer them, you just need to do it one by one using the Transfer button on the page of the Pokémon itself.

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Now Wailmers walking buddy face is just half it's teeth now from the update lol

Oh shit I caught my first shiney! The surf event Pikachu with horrible stats

Last edited:

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Less than 10 mins and 4 Pikachus into the event and I got my shiny. Now time to start evolving like crazy. Hoping to get the 1 million XP I need to hit 37.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still yet to take down a Kyogre.

I need to find a local Facebook/WhatsApp group to coordinate with.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Niantic trolled me at the last second. I encountered my fourth shiny Pikachu on the map a few seconds before the event ended.

I caught it, but all of a sudden it is no longer shiny and it shows Thunderbolt as a charge move. Why couldn't you just let me keep it, damn it?

A crushing ending that detracts from an otherwise successful day. 3 shiny Pikachu and a 100% Jigglypuff made the session worthwhile, though some players still had much better luck with shinies.

Last edited:

robox

Nov 10, 2017
comm day report
1 shiny pikachu out of 11 caught
0/3 on kyogre raid, missed out on 4th chasing a phantom feebas. 0/12 lifetime. aiming to go 0/15 now
spent much time driving between to raids instead of catching

Last edited:
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got 3 shines. Probably caught 42 or so. They were everywhere. Also much closer to lv 39

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Secondary account caught 34 - 4 shinies (m27%, f33%, m38%, f56%), best Standard f93%.
Main account caught 22 - 2 shines (m38%, f64%), best two standards at 93%

Not a bad haul.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I loosely organized community day for our local Facebook group. 50+ people in the park with 7 gyms. Not a single tier 5 raid spawned during the event. In the half an hour after the event ended five tier 5 eggs show up , 3 in the park 2 near by. Everyone lost interest after the first three.

Oct 25, 2017
1.3 million XP during the event, enough to get me to 38. Now to just get my T5 raiders boosted up, and I can stop caring till the next batch of pokemon come out since my dex is complete.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did 2 raids during the event, but both got away. I'm 1/4. Just bad luck, hitting them fine. Not helping I only had 9 balls each. lol

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I did 2 raids during the event, but both got away. I'm 1/4. Just bad luck, hitting them fine. Not helping I only had 9 balls each. lol

Also had both of my Kyogre run, so I'm 2/5. I'm not upset about this, because two is enough.

I was literally robbed by Niantic at the end of the event, so the escaped Legendaries is the least of my concerns. It was pretty amazing how huge the turnout was. The Legendary park raid and event in general attracted dozens of people. This event was a really good thing, and it got me to do my longest session in ages.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Counted and I caught exactly 48 event Pikachu, no shinies lol... I really don't know how my luck could've been this bad, the math doesn't check out.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I've never noticed this before but I have a Pokémon in a gym and there is currently a raid at that gym. The raid shows up in my nearby raid radar thing. Has it always done that?

The gym is normally too far away to show up.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I've never noticed this before but I have a Pokémon in a gym and there is currently a raid at that gym. The raid shows up in my nearby raid radar thing. Has it always done that?

The gym is normally too far away to show up.
Did you try 'Go to gym'? That is usually when it starts showing up for me.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
BTW why are some Pokémon looking tiny af in the overworld map? It was funny seeing a tiny Pikachu right next to a giant one, it's happening to every Pokémon. I was thinking it was tied to its level, but I don't really know.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
BTW why are some Pokémon looking tiny af in the overworld map? It was funny seeing a tiny Pikachu right next to a giant one, it's happening to every Pokémon. I was thinking it was tied to its level, but I don't really know.

They changed the scale on a bunch of Pokémon up or down and lured Pokémon still spawn as the old sized.

Weedles are huge now.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Most days when I look at the nearby I could almost be convinced Gen 3 was never a thing. Hell, I drove through my neighborhood this morning and saw nothing but Growlithe, Houndour, Sanshrew, Pidgey, Paras, and Sentret.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Out of the 9 mons on the nearby, there's 1 Wurmple representing gen 3.

Truly a vibrant new ecosystem. Bring on gen 4.

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
Ralts are common around here most days when cloudy.

Not as common when cloudy here, on the positive side, it rains Machops here when it is cloudy( which is alot of the times), and when Windy ( which is also alot of the times), we get spammed with Abras. Liking that much. Tyranitar raids are basically duoable now here. Everyone got a machamp army now. Which also helps Gyms wise, because now stacking them with Blissey/Chansey and Snorlax does not garantuee much anymore. Good for gym turn around

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You guys live in some seriously bunk biomes or something. We get an insanely diverse mix of all three gens here. Abras, Machops, and Gastlys are out there right along with Ralts' and Makuhitas. I go grind Wailmer and Magikarp nightly in one spot. I was lucky enough to scoop a 100 IV Feebas last night, even. Two days last week the streets were filled with Dratini.

Are you guys using maps at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.