• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any idea why Adventure Sync is no longer tracking my calories + steps? Ever since I reinstalled the app, it has stayed at 0 steps and calories in-game. No issue with distance or egg hatching though. I'm using an Apple Watch.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017

The only thing I will say is I goofed up by not having enough item space to try and do the raid tasks while doing raids.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
If they bring Mewtwo back, instead of it being shiny I wonder if they might do a 1/20 chance of it being armored.
Maybe something like they did with Giratina. Normal form for a short period, then armored form.

I ended up doing 13 Lapras raids before getting a shiny and calling it a day. A friend I was raiding with ended up getting three shinies in a row, one of which was a 100%, but then he always seems to have really good shiny luck. I wish I could've done more raid tasks but for some reason, this is the first day since the event started that there weren't many around.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I did 8 raids today. There were enough people out that I had no problem completing them. My main account got a shiny on the 3rd try. My secondary got one on the 6th try. Overall, pretty good. It ended up being cloudy today (for in app weather, not in real life), so all that fussing with teams ended up being useless. Machamp squads tore down the icey beast.

Pretty fun :) It would be more fun if the Pokemon was more meta-relative so farming them would actually be useful. There's still an hour left, but I got other shit to do!

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Used the 5 free raid passes this morning to do the following: 2 Marowaks, Shinx, Feebas & Bronzor. Sadly none shiny, nice 10k stardust though!

Oct 25, 2017
Caught my first Burmy today. Did a Bronzor raid and caught my first one of those despite catching a Bronzong in the wild already. Saw there was a Clamperl out there but couldn't get to it and then it was gone. Starting to see more Gen 4 things out and about in my little area. Goal as always is to get gold pokedex completion medals!

Will get another chance to get Latios/Latias/Ho-Oh. 75% chance to not get Lugia and get a new pokemon that I otherwise will likely never be able to get.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've officially lost track of how many raids I've done during this event. Excluding Lapras raids, I think I'm at 46. Add to the 15 Lapras raids, total of 61 raids. Or, 122k stardust gained (did use starpiece during Dinner hour & Lapras raids, so likely 15k more)

And in case anyone wants to know how much that cost me, quite simple: $0.
I buy event boxes for Special Incubators, as I like hatching eggs (good source of stardust). So my money goes to those, just so happens that sometimes there are raid passes. In fact, I still have 80 raid passes left.

My wife's act is def low on passes now though. So, I need to start earning her more passes and be more selective when we raid with her act.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even read the rest, tsk tsk. Lol

Actually, probably more accurate lately. I probably haven't spent more than $80 in last year. Most of my coins are from gyms and Google Opinion Rewards app. So really, they actually are free heh

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I mean, you still spent money to get those raid passes. You just weren't specifically spending it for the raid passes. So saying they cost you $0 is simply not true. That's all I'm saying.

Also, if all you care about is Incubators, isn't the Adventure Box a better deal? I try to split my coins between Incubators and Raid Passes, since I like using both, so I usually go for the Ultra. But if I wasn't raiding often, I'd definitely go for the Adventure Box.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean technically yes, but not really. And anyways like I said over last 13 months been 95% free coins.

I do get the boxes with best incubators ratio, most of time they sometimes have raid passes that sit there for very long time. Hell, was like 6 months ago I had like 200 raid passes on me.

Going to Universal Studios in about 3 months, I plan for first time in long long time to buy the $100 coin package. I got many eggs to hatch!

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did 10 raids - no shiny. A buddy I was raiding with got two shiny Lapras and a shiny Absol.

Grumble grumble.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Caught 2 shinies today!

Both being Buneary. :'(

Anyway, I think I'm about to hit Ultra Friends with some lurkers here. Anyone with the name Tev456 here? And Drewtortle? Also Zeemmarax?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
What's your shiny dex at, btw? Which shinies are you missing?
Here's a link to my shiny checklist. I'm definitely still missing stuff. Mostly ghosts and babies.

That's some good luck. obv know you go all out, but since this is mainly a raid/quest Pokemon, I'm curious on how many Bronzor raids and quests you've done.

I've done about 5-7 Bronzor raids a day and have seen a few wild Bronzor spawn. Currently at 142 seen since the event started.

Last edited:

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Caught 2 shinies today!

Both being Buneary. :'(

Anyway, I think I'm about to hit Ultra Friends with some lurkers here. Anyone with the name Tev456 here? And Drewtortle? Also Zeemmarax?

Drewtortle here, I'm already 40, so I'll make sure to send you a gift so you are in control.

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
I got an EX Raid invite for next Monday on the 3rd of June. What Pokemon is it? The last time I played was last summer and I think it was Mewtwo then.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a shiny Bronzor! On my wife's act though lol. Oh well, I'll trade it to me later on.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
There has always been speculation that the shiny RNG is broken and isn't truly the same for each account. The thinking is, depending on the seed value your account uses, you may have much lower odds than most or much higher odds. Maybe that is why Knight613 gets so many shinies? I mean 4 shiny Bronzors in 147 encounters is really lucky when the reported odds are 1/165. And this isn't the only Mon he has reported much higher than normal shiny to encounter rates for.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I think just RNG in end. I mean, I have 0 Aron but like 7 shiny Natus lol

Possibly. We would need some more data to be sure. If he tracked all his encounters and shinies caught over a few months, I would be very curious to see his results.

I've been tracking my own encounters and shinies since roughly the beginning of March. I'm at 22 shinies seen in 8671 encounters for a shiny rate of 1/382. But if I remove the shiny Digletts I encountered, I'm closer to the normal 1/450.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if Niantic uses seed values generated by your fixed account number instead of a true RNG.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Any players from Barcelona here? I'm taking off for the Primavera festival wednesday and since I've seen most of the sights already I'm going to play some PoGo there this year. I've already singled out Parc de la Ciutadella and La Maquinista as great spots, but feel free to let me know more.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017

I've never got a new shiny legendary so fast as I have here. I said my 2nd raid like we had more but there was only 2 raids available!

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Finally got a Shiny Swablu! Only took me a couple hundred to find one; I thought I would have found one while ago.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Had a long and incredibly unproductive day. Something like 20 Bronzor, 5 Absol, and 6 Cresselia without a shiny hit.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if Niantic uses seed values generated by your fixed account number instead of a true RNG.

I've seen enough 'odd' results or out of place results before to think this is quite likely a thing , although some of it may be close enough to real RNG to be often indistinguishable every so often something happens that seems so far off scale that its likely something in the code rather than true RNG

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Hey I know I'm lttp on this but is there still a way to request for a pokestop/gym? I live near a park that can really use one.

Requests in Go are being rolled out very very very slowly - however if you know someone who plays Ingress they can nominate portals and those become pokestops

(The requests in Go are available for maybe 4 or 5 countries only at the moment)

Status
Not open for further replies.