• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually sort of surprised at how generous Niantic was here with the boosted shiny odds on the GoFest spawns. Is it only for this weekend?

I don't know if this is typical, but I've caught a ridiculous number of shinies since this event started. In the last 24 hours I've caught 4 Magikarp, 4 Horsea, 2 Sableye, 2 Snorunt, a Drifloon, and a Misdreavus. Thankful for this event because I likely never would've caught a shiny Snorunt or Drifloon in my area due to their rarity.

What I really want is a shiny Geodude but I'm not seeing nearly as many of them as the other boosted Pokemon.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The weird thing to me about the boosted shiny rate is like...there are 2 more Go Fests...are they going to be doing the same for the other two but with a different set of pokemon?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Super random, but if anyone is reviewing portals and comes across a submission for Clarkmont Trailhead, please reject it lol

Mistakes were made - the trailhead we intended to submit is actually down the street and we wanted something else for this site.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Shiny Sandshrew today, love this event. Gonna try to score more tomorrow afternoon.

It's fun knowing that you can have a shot at a shiny for everything that's available.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Figures about the shiny rates. Got tricked into thinking it was still boosted across the board because I found a shiny Horsea today, but I guess that's supposed to be.

I'll be sure to take advantage during the next Go Fests.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I try to catch everything because stardust is life, but sometimes I have to pick my battles if I'm going to huge mass spawn areas and hunting a specific thing or if my storage is suffering (hint: it's always suffering)

Thank you! I'm transfering Gen 1 to Lets Go, it helps with the storage but not much :p

Now I'm grinding for Meltan candies with the Mystery Box

Edit: if anyone wants to add me I have presents to send: 0910 9013 6893

Last edited:

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
I have a three new friend thing in my special researches, so I was wondering if anyone was interested in friending up even though I likely won't ever have enough gifts to send on a regular basis. (My gifts are usually spent on two people I know IRL who are the closest to best friend status now.)

7245 5495 0903 is my code.
I'm on this stage myself. I'll add ya, I am always capped on the 10 gifts since lord knows the two friends who keep sending me gifts never open mine lol

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
So what's this about the Legendary Beasts coming back with shinies? I see posts about what they look like and battling them on Silph Road but can't find shit beyond that. Was there dates announced for them or something?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Good day. Got a second shiny Snubbull so that set's complete. Snubbull's a much better looking shiny than Granbull though. Took me a long time but I found a shiny Horsea in the afternoon... then got 2 more pretty much back to back when I was about to wrap up late in the evening. Some crazy luck I usually don't get. So now I have enough to evolve for the full set, which is perfect because Sea- and Kingdra are great shinies.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Been going out kinda frequently today, have gotten a wild shiny Swablu and a Scyther from a raid. Still no Horsea :(

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Trying to set up a Raikou team for when he comes back and this is why I hate the TM system. I have a couple of powered MS/Quake Groudon, but to be dust effective I wanted to fill it out with high cp Rhyperior/Golem but I'm cursed and can't get Earthquake, wasted like 7 charges and have none left. For one Rhy it kept going back and forth between SE and Surf. Bought a second charge move for Golem since it's only 10k and got Rock Blast next to Stone Edge lol. I even evolved an extra Golem and still all rock. I'm filling my team out with my best Rays for now hah.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
The Silph Research group has confirmed that the shiny rate for all spawns other than Horsea did return to normal after that first day.

The Research Group is in full swing with interesting developments. In the first 24 hours of the event, we encounted 6,624 Horsea and were rewarded with 54 Shiny Horsea. The 95% confidence interval stretched from 1 in 95 to 1 in 160. We also encountered 15,090 of the other 9 species, with the 95% confidence interval going from 1 in 139 to 1 in 212. It looked like shiny rates for all 10 species were boosted, with Horsea taking the lead.

24 hours since the event start, shiny rates for the 10 species dropped across the board! From that time, we've encountered 2,826 more Horsea and found 17 Shiny Horsea. A boosted Shiny Horsea rate is most likely still in effect, this time with a 95% confidence interval stretching from 1 in 108 to 1 in 274.

The other 9 species seem to have a shiny rate that's back to normal. In aggregate, we have newly encountered 6,484 with 9 shiny encounters since the change. We haven't come across some species' shiny variants again yet, but we'll continue to look out for them.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I was at Go fest today, they evacuated the park and turned off the event for two and a half hours due to a thunderstorm moving In. The thunderstorm never arrived and the time it was closed was some of the better weather. It was a wet wet day.

From 11-7 I only managed to get three shinies, sandshrew, horsea and magikarp.

Anyone with a ticket today gets a day full of Go fest spawns wherever they are next Saturday from 9am-7pm.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I knew something felt funky after the first day. Welp at least I got the ones I wanted then, kinda bummed that I couldn't snag that whale in the first day but it's what it is.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there's a grain of truth to the numbers but I don't know how they expected Instinct to remain viable after they introduced the team change coins. Me and my coworkers never changed teams, but if you don't have a ride or die crew the game design actively pushes players toward one of the more common teams or you're just missing out on bonus balls in raids and chances to defend gyms every day.

And yeah, I don't believe for a second they will just let Raikou day not happen. Instinct will absolutely be shown to pull through at the eleventh hour.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm sure there's a grain of truth to the numbers but I don't know how they expected Instinct to remain viable after they introduced the team change coins. Me and my coworkers never changed teams, but if you don't have a ride or die crew the game design actively pushes players toward one of the more common teams or you're just missing out on bonus balls in raids and chances to defend gyms every day.
Yeah it's pretty unfair that Instict has to pull the same weight when you know there's not as many Instinct players as M/V

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking from experience, as an Instinct player, I delete research tasks daily even if they're easy tasks like Transfer x times or Battle x times, because the reward simply isn't worth it to me. Maybe they should made the gold achievement a higher threshold; 1k research tasks is nothing.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking from experience, as an Instinct player, I delete research tasks daily even if they're easy tasks like Transfer x times or Battle x times, because the reward simply isn't worth it to me. Maybe they should made the gold achievement a higher threshold; 1k research tasks is nothing.
Both those tasks give potentially shiny encounters so I normally finish those. I generally only toss egg hatch tasks, and raid tasks if raiding hours have already ended.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I usually toss everything that can't be shiny, but I still have to get my first shiny from a non boosted task. Feels like I've done so many Shuppet, but I'm still only at 150.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017

Tbh I wish they hadn't nerfed the shiny rates past Thursday but it apparently affected the people at Go Fest too so like i dunno how to feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.