• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
So far I've gotten shadow Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Rattata, Zubat, and Snorlax.

There is apparently shadow Dratini somewhere but it's probably really rare.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen Charmander or the other ones but the Bulbasaur I have got have been very good! I'm hoping to find a good Squirtle sooner or later.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I went to the city for a couple of hours. Lots of stops there but I only found 2 TR stops. They're pretty rare. I had a Squirtle and a Snorlax. I purified the Squirtle just to see the animation but kept the Shadow Snorlax, looks pretty cool.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Not really a big fan of Shadow Pokémon. It would have been more interesting if the shadow pokemon had been new Pokemon

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really a big fan of Shadow Pokémon. It would have been more interesting if the shadow pokemon had been new Pokemon
In what way? Like gen 5? Or like meltan brand new?

In any event. If the last 2 years are anything to go by, gen 5 will be introduced during the Halloween event mid Oct. Hopefully they remember to turn on the Halloween music this time. lol

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Now that they've been out for a full day, has anyone figured out the point of Shadow Pokemon yet? As far as I can tell they are just common Pokemon that have been out for three years that have a crummy charge move with a nominal saving on level up stardust? That you have to spend potions on to catch in the first place?

I love the idea and mostly how they're implemented, but there's like no real difference between normal and purified Pokemon. Like, instead of Return they should know an exclusive STAB move, like an old legacy or community day exclusive move, or something like that.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Pokemon look cool. Plus I mean, it's just extra content. But, there are more "rare" pokemon like Snorlax and Dratini. And Purified do have reduced costs apparently for leveling up/etc.

I'm sure as it goes on, more pokemon will be added.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Now that they've been out for a full day, has anyone figured out the point of Shadow Pokemon yet? As far as I can tell they are just common Pokemon that have been out for three years that have a crummy charge move with a nominal saving on level up stardust? That you have to spend potions on to catch in the first place?

I love the idea and mostly how they're implemented, but there's like no real difference between normal and purified Pokemon. Like, instead of Return they should know an exclusive STAB move, like an old legacy or community day exclusive move, or something like that.
Right now the major thing seems to be to hold onto meta relevant ones for (lucky) trades, since they have 14/14/14 minimum stats if you purify post lucky trade. Apparently you can TM Return but not Frustration, so you still have to TM post purify. It's a bit of a hassle and I don't care about IV's enough to hunt for this type of trade.

An added benefit though is that the powerup dust discount after purifying stacks with the lucky discount, so lucky Purified Pokémon are the cheapest to power.

I have no idea what the impact of this for pvp is though, but for raids it seems minimal.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
In what way? Like gen 5? Or like meltan brand new?

In any event. If the last 2 years are anything to go by, gen 5 will be introduced during the Halloween event mid Oct. Hopefully they remember to turn on the Halloween music this time. lol

Gen 5. I don't see any reason to go trough all the trouble only for a pokemon I already have.

The only reason I liked shadow pokemon in the Cube games was because it where unobtainable jotho Pokémon

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Gen 5. I don't see any reason to go trough all the trouble only for a pokemon I already have.

The only reason I liked shadow pokemon in the Cube games was because it where unobtainable jotho Pokémon
We have to see how this develops, it just started so who knows what their plan with shadow pokemon is.

Would be a good way to bring back exclusive (CD) moves. But nah, that doesn't sound like something they'd do

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, since we have exclusive raid Pokemon (well kinda not so much anymore) and exclusive quest Pokemon, I can them adding exclusive Pokemon.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lucky Trade for shadow Pokémon, and if the IV is high enough purify and you can get a 100%

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that's cool for people who use multiple accounts or have regular trading partners...

Otherwise, seems like just as useful as catching a high level wild one, really, except you'll definitely have to use TMs or buy a second charge move to make it particularly useful.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
As more pokemon can be shadow i'm sure the rockets will show their value soon. As it is Snorlax seems to be the big winner so far.

Edit: I think they turned them off to make changes to how stats are made for the shadow pokemon. Probably ended up too strong lol.

Last edited:

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Problem with snorlax is that I can't learn it's best move body slam any more. Niantic needs to give us another chance to learn legacy move

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe like the first meltan tease where it was just a tease. I bet a full on event for this is coming, eventually

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Well, it was really fun driving around before work yesterday grabbing Shadow pokemon. Now I'm back to just waiting around for something to do.

I only ended up with 6 shadow pokemon. I purified them all so I could get the Bronze badge.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe like the first meltan tease where it was just a tease. I bet a full on event for this is coming, eventually
Probably, since we know there's some Team Rocket related special research coming.

I didn't bother going out to dense stop areas and looking for TR stops but I did see one near home and it was gone by the time I got there lol.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that is nice, introduce an event and then make sure 90% of the players can't get it.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the community day next week might be Team Rocket related, the fact it's getting close and they have said nothing on it is kinda strange.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Which Community-Day next week? Never heard of that.

The next community day is the 3rd of August (so a week on Saturday)

If you click the link its still not updated from Mudkip day but the main page shows the next one (and they announced dates for most of the summer days at the start of the year)

As we've finished the current block of starters its still guesswork on what we get - Ralts is still a firm favorite.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Guess what I got in my research box.

:(

I had 5 Latias in a row so I guess it's only fair they give me 5 latios. Fuckers

Got another ex raid pass for next Thursday. Shame it's at 11am :/

Last edited:

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Guess what I got in my research box.

:(

I had 5 Latias in a row so I guess it's only fair they give me 5 latios. Fuckers

Got another ex raid pass for next Thursday. Shame it's at 11am :/
Ex raids should really be on weekends, midday during the week is awkward for everyone.

It was complete blind luck I had a day booked off for my last one, but I'll have to take a long lunch next week, or miss it.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Was there a push notif. about the TR stops being pulled? I have them off in general but it's something I would've expected an ingame announcement of, not a tweet hours after the stops had been pulled.
Was there even a push note that the TR stops appear lol?

They handled this whole thing extremely weird

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Er hopefully this was just a tease or they plan to improve the whole shadow/purify thing cause it seems like a whole lot of work for nothing

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also good to keep an eye on twitter on their official act. But Silph road works great too, cause they report those tweets too. They announced yesterday they disappeared.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
whew (timestamp, not the clickbait stuff). The benefits of living in a city with crazy spawns I guess

Also Brandon Tan's stardust count is 62 mil lol

Status
Not open for further replies.