• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Between the Kanto event and this Earth Day stuff I'm sure everybody has thousands of Magikarp candy now.

And yay I need a Zapdos for the dex.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Before leaving for my trip this morning, I got the Throw 3 Excellent throws in a row quest. Hopefully I'll find a Machamp raid soon. Lol
I've gotten pretty good at throwing Excellents on Wailmer, actually. I have yet to see that quest and it would be great to nab it before the spawn tables go back to normal.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I completed the throw 3 excellent on Wailmers. I was lucky to have a bunch at the hotel we're staying at tonight. Also, had a Larvitar there too. Heh

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Caught a 2097 CP Tyranitar today.

I didn't realize stats were 15/15/15 until I actually hit the appraise button. First ever 100% from a raid!

Got enough Feebas candy for Milotic, too. Week has already been good despite barely playing.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Caught a 2097 CP Tyranitar today.

I didn't realize stats were 15/15/15 until I actually hit the appraise button. First ever 100% from a raid!

Got enough Feebas candy for Milotic, too. Week has already been good despite barely playing.

You may want to hold off on evolving milotic, it might be a research task at some point.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no extra shiny rate. Don't know why some gotten that inpresion.

Because there was a lot of reports, but people weren't taking into account that Wailmer is one of tge most common spawns worldwide right now, and most people are clicking on every single one they see. And people are more likely to report catching a new shiny than an old one.

Yeah, a lot of people in my raid group have been posting their shiny, one guy got 2 of them, so I thought they had increased the rates. Guess it was just RNG.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. All comes down to luck. I have 2 shiny pups from the Year of Dog event, got them nearly back to back after catching like 30.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
To date my only non-Comminity Day shiny is a Magikarp I caught nearly a year ago in Orlando. Probably caught around 100 while I was there.

(And I didn't get a shiny Pikachu on its community day. Didn't realize how common it was, so I did a ton of raids with Lucky Eggs for XP instead of actively hunting.)

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Poochyenna and a random Murkrow (Wooo) for me. Otherwise just the community day shinies.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Made it here to my hotel in Miami. Luckily our room is on a pokestop! Will help when grinding tomorrow near the beach.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Just realized I finally caught a perfect magnemite after checking some random IVs....maxed that puppy out. Not too high CP but perfect to toss in random gyms when I have the chance.

Dagobert Duck

Oct 28, 2017
FINALLY caught ditto...took 2 weeks and a hell lot of Pokemon...

Now I got to do 10 raids (does the trick still work) and afterwards the 50 berry thing (the other 2 challenges shouldnt be that hard.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is. I've gotten both Heracross and Corsola there. Already got a Heracross here in Miami.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Caught a shiny wailmer after three days of active grind for it; funnily enough, it was right at home on the toilet. That's...heh.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I'm fine with quest legendaries being lower level and lower IV. But who knows when the next occasion to do a Moltres raid will be.

Nov 27, 2017
I'm new to go but really into it. Thankfully I work and love in the city centre and there are poke stops everywhere and one at my work I can use every few minutes. Level 15 atm no idea how raids and gyms work yet but I'll get there.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm new to go but really into it. Thankfully I work and love in the city centre and there are poke stops everywhere and one at my work I can use every few minutes. Level 15 atm no idea how raids and gyms work yet but I'll get there.

For raids try and find where people coordinate raids, the easiest way is probably just searching "your city's name Pokémon Go" on Facebook .

Normally you could just stake out a tier 5 raid see who shows up and ask them but we're at the end of a legendary rotation and there probably just aren't as many people raiding, so it might be hit or miss.

Nov 27, 2017
For raids try and find where people coordinate raids, the easiest way is probably just searching "your city's name Pokémon Go" on Facebook .

Normally you could just stake out a tier 5 raid see who shows up and ask them but we're at the end of a legendary rotation and there probably just aren't as many people raiding, so it might be hit or miss.
Thanks for the tips :) really enjoying this game!

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Best time for that is usually when legendary raids switch over. That's when a lot of people come out for new Pokemon raid.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah, the raids in my area have fallen off a cliff the past few weeks because no one can be bothered to grind out Latios.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Forgot to mark a stamp for April 28th. Think this is the second time I've missed one. I just don't actively play on some days, so this can happen more than I expect.

I'll still be able to get 4 Zapdos and Articuno each, which is fine.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
Finally got my Mewtwo today in an EX Raid. Only thing i was mad about was after i won a raid and in the middle of capturing a Latios it took me out and i couldnt get back to get it. Would of been my first one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.