• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Spent a few hours walking around Inokashira Park.

Caught two shiny Pikachu, a shiny Mareep, two shiny Dratini, a shiny Eevee and a shiny Beldum.

Pretty decent! I really want Charmander and Larvitar too though so might head back tonight after a nap.

So many people playing in the park today, probably a couple of thousand.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish they'd do a Magikarp community day to help people with that Mew quest step. I've been on that part for months and got nowhere.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I've reached 50 Lucario candy after one hatch and a lot of walking.

I'll still have to wait for a better Riolu.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Suicune could have been at least useable if they didn't give it Hidden Power Water as its only STAB fast attack. Then they removed it and gave it Snarl lol

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I really want Articuno or Moltres, don't have them yet.

Managed to get another shiny Pikachu and a shiny Charmander!

I walked 23 kilometers today (15 miles) reaching 65 km for the week and hatched 43 eggs :))

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish they'd do a Magikarp community day to help people with that Mew quest step. I've been on that part for months and got nowhere.
Are you at least walking him as a buddy?

They've done a bunch of Kanto-themed events in recent months, with Magikarp out there to catch.

Be sure to do every 'catch 10 Pokemon' field research to get a Magikarp encounter, too. And use Pinaps!

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Adventure Sync seems to have rewarded me today with only Pokeballs, didn't see any Stardust in the stack.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Managed to get a Dratini today. I think the event was alright, but I think it could've been a bit better if they kept CD rates the whole weekend instead of the light boost they went with. I didn't get a shiny Bulbasaur, one of only 2 CDs I missed (the other being Dratini), so I'm now hoping they rerun the event a second time next year. I'm also still hoping they add a way to put CD moves on already evolved Pokemon. Otherwise, I'd like to see the new community days be community weekends. Outside of not being able to get one of the two shinies I wanted, it was a much better experience.

Also, as a reminder, it's probably smart to not powerup anything until we learn more about PvP.

Dagobert Duck

Oct 28, 2017
so its the 4th reward week for active sync and after getting 5km eggs the last time, i didnt get any egg today although i got 3 empty slots...4 rare candies though and some balls...yet no sinnoh stone...

In other news, feel free to add me girlfriend, she plays everyday and sends and receives gifts regularly:
6583 1253 8660

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
9636 4135 6658

Just started playing again after years away the other weekend. Add me up and I can send gifts from Japan~

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Might as well drop off my code in case anyone wants to add me.
3039 0649 0279

Went to a nearby park yesterday for Community Day.
Would say I came up short, except I got a Cresselia and Mawile in a Raid.
kK9IE8C.jpg

As well as this:
4L8in58.jpg

Was hoping to get a shiny Mareep for Ampharos or Charmander, but I can't complain.

Last edited:

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

It felt like Magikarp spawns were boosted during the Let's Go event because I have seen a lot of them. Also set Magikarp as your buddy and keep walking. That's what I did when the Let's Go event started and I am already at 195 km again.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Awful luck this week: no Sinnoh Stone for 7th reward stamp, no egg from adventure sync, only caught one shiny over the weekend (dratini, the only Pokemon I had multiple shinies of already) out of hundreds of catches, couldn't finish the Meltan quest in time.

Come on game, give me a break!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Managed to keep 2 egg slots free for my adventure sync rewards, turned off my pokeball auto spinning stops and resisted spinning any.

And then this morning while half asleep I spun a pokestop and got a 5k egg gahh. Got shit from my adventure sync rewards. 500 stardust, some pokeballs and a 5k egg

It's so goddamn annoying having to manage your eggs every week. And the game doesn't give me an option to either:
A: Get rid of goddamn eggs I don't want to hatch
B: accept my adventure sync rewards when I'm ready to accept them

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Managed to keep 2 egg slots free for my adventure sync rewards, turned off my pokeball auto spinning stops and resisted spinning any.

And then this morning while half asleep I spun a pokestop and got a 5k egg gahh. Got shit from my adventure sync rewards. 500 stardust, some pokeballs and a 5k egg

It's so goddamn annoying having to manage your eggs every week. And the game doesn't give me an option to either:
A: Get rid of goddamn eggs I don't want to hatch
B: accept my adventure sync rewards when I'm ready to accept them
Why are you all so keen on getting eggs from the adventure sync. Is there something special about them?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Add me: 6700 1110 1799

I got the Charmander I was out looking for and unlike all other shinies I got this weekend its stats are really good. Got the candies to level him right up, but making my dino and mech army wiped out all the dust. Going to have a quiet week I think, stay home and play Let's GO and grab what spawns on the doorstop- knackered.

Got a 5k egg for the first time from the weekly dump, just hope it's something new, don't mind what. Got up early today expecting the CE weekend to still be in effect for a few hours, but it was all back to normal - right back to bed!

15km walking up and down and no Shiny Mareep :(
I found 3 mareep tight around a pokestop - 1st pink - 2nd pink - 3rd.... not, but was half expecting it to be after the first two. That was well outside the 3 hour window, so can't imagine the odds. I'd already found one and only clicked these 'cause they looked so odd triangulating around the stop.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The shiny odds outside of the 3 hour bonus window were likely 1/90.

I caught my shiny mareep last night, it was the only community day shiny I didn't get on its community day.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I really wanted a pink sheep damnit!

Someone told me I could get Exeggcute from the Hatch an Egg research quest, but I've had three of those and no Exeggcute (different reward every time, one was Lanturn, one some other Pokemon, and one was berries). What are the odds of it being an Exeggcute?

Deleted member 26535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Got my first shinies this last sunday.

First was Mareep, some Pokémon and then 2 shinies in a row.

vNlDxlE.jpg

It was raining hard, but someone was there, defeating my Gym. People around here like Pokémon GO this much. It is not the first time that I saw a bunch of players while raining.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I didn't catch a shiny Bulbasaur. That was the only one I wanted.
At least my Pokeball Plus caught a shiny Dratini. Good ball. I really like the Plus.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I just started this yesterday because I thought it'd be a decent way to get some exercise and listen to some podcasts.

Here's my code: 9150 3057 6443

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
So I fully evolved a Beldum, Chikorita, Dratini, Larvitar, and Squirtle last night. I ended up getting some really great results with Metagross and Tyranitar in particular, cause not only because they were both least in the high 80s, and getting the exclusive moves, but they also have CP beyond what I had before lol (early 2k CP). Tyranitar is freaking 3279!

Bit of a bummer that I only had gotten one shiny out of the whole thing, but that is better than nothing lol, and I dig Shiny Meganium.

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't play much during the bonus period? The rates between the bonus period and not are shaking up to be so different that I'm probably not even going to bother catching things outside of the three hours.
Were they really that different? I think I caught 2 during the bonus period, but that doesn't seem all that different than my odds for the rest of the event. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Ended up with 23 shinies from the weekend, most of which came during the 3 hour window, but no eggs in the adventure sync rewards again.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017

They boost Magikarp fairly often, since water events and Kanto events seem to happen multiple times a year. In addition, catch 10 Pokemon for a Magikarp is pretty much always in quests and Magikarp is a 1km/candy buddy.
It can be kind of time consuming, but it's pretty doable and the likelihood of it being boosted by an event again soon is pretty high.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
man. I really cleaned up on shinies from this weekend and today.

3 x mareep - one goes to girlfriend
3 bulbasaur
5 dratini2 beldum
2 larvitar
1 magmamite
1 growlith from today

also got a 89 lucky shiny charmander from my girlfriend. pretty pleased.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I am still super sad that I didn't manage to find a shiny Charmander. That one was my most wanted shiny last weekend :(
9 shiny Mareep but no shiny Charmander. RNG can be cruel.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Getting a 80 IV Shiny Growlithe today almost makes up for the fact that I didn't get a Shiny Mareep yesterday :P

Also, tomorrow's the day indeed. I wouldn't get too excited about big changes, though.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah forgot to share my code with this forum: 0719 7148 1438. Feel free to add me because I need more gifts since a lot of people stopped sending gifts.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Niantic used the word "accessable" when describing their goals with PVP. I don't think anyone's hopes were set very high to begin with. More ways to interact with the game are always welcome.

We'd all be happy with some new Pokémon to catch.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Despite trying to slow down my play, I did do a little bit over the community weekend. I was only able to catch a few shiny pokemon, though. Just Charmander, Mareep, Pikachu, Eevee, and Larvitar. No Dratini or other Kanto starters :(

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Oh, so we only get the PvP announcement tomorrow. For a second I thought it will be available already.
If they really changed a lot then I'm super excited.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
PVP in every mobile game is a pile of crap. Set your expectations low and just hope it isn't an annoying cash grab

Status
Not open for further replies.