• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Ok, so I've been away for months. But I'm hearing a lot of buzz today from randoms and found out I just missed a macro-community day event. What's this about Adventure Sync? The app will now record my distance without the Bluetooth add-on?

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I've been away for months. But I'm hearing a lot of buzz today from randoms and found out I just missed a macro-community day event. What's this about Adventure Sync? The app will now record my distance without the Bluetooth add-on?

The game will now use data from your phone's health app to log kilometers. You don't even need to have the game running. Just turn adventure sync on and you're set.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
I'm most excited by a shakeup of the meta that pvp will bring. It'll also mean a use for low level and low iv mons that have been taking up storage space. I'm not a shiny chaser, I prefer functional differences than aesthetic ones.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

If I could, you could have mine. I know the feeling of just wanting the cabbage frog

On a positive side, ended the event pretty well. 4x Metagross, 3x T-Tar, and 3x Dragonite. All 3k plus, with one Dragonite high 2k. This is what my line up has been missing for Gyms and raids.

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me a link to the friend code spreadsheet (DM me, if needed)? Need to add a few more people for the Celebi quest, but I can't find the link by quoting the OP anymore. Hidden text seems to be broken with the new site layout.

EDIT: Never mind, was able to find it by digging through my own browsing history.

Last edited:

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I did actually manage to hatch my first Budew yesterday.

Now I'll just play the waiting game for Sinnoh stones in order to get new mons.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The game will now use data from your phone's health app to log kilometers. You don't even need to have the game running. Just turn adventure sync on and you're set.
oh how I wish that was true :/
my adventure sync stopped working like 2 weeks ago and nothing I have tried has gotten it working again.

I was getting 30-40KM at work a week and now I have managed 1.2KM in the last 2 weeks with adventure sync :/

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Falchion WhiteRabbitEXE I'll be best friends with you fine lads tomorrow. You want to set up a time? Don't need to time it on the dot since I can use a lucky egg immediately after opening the app and it will count. Just FYI I suppose. For me it doesn't matter who opens it.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
oh how I wish that was true :/
my adventure sync stopped working like 2 weeks ago and nothing I have tried has gotten it working again.

I was getting 30-40KM at work a week and now I have managed 1.2KM in the last 2 weeks with adventure sync :/

Did your phones battery saver/power saving mode get turned on?

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't even need to be able to transfer Pokémon to the main games. I just want something like the Go Parks (or the Wii's My Pokémon Ranch), but for all species. Just let them roam around and interact with each other in 3D.

They have shown off Pokémon Go AR playground, but it's always been in the context of demoing ARkit. You can interact with any of your caught Pokémon in the AR field. No telling when or if it will actually be available. I think it was described as being a separate app.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Well, there it is :P

I still don't understand the shield mechanic entirely. It feels like it could be a mess.

And the UI changes to the battle system will be universal, it seems.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The ability to battle with Ultra/Best friends remotely is a nice surprise. The whole "use stardust or candy for an extra charge move" is hella lame, though.

Wonder how liberal they're going to be with the Sinnoh stones.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad. Having a 2nd charged attack and ability to battle Ultra/Best firends anywhere is nice.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, time to battle my gf and just tap the screen while we watch tv or something.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It all sounded promising until the bullshit "you can spend candy and stardust to get an extra charged move"
What is the point of having that as an option when EVERYONE is going to do it to get the upper hand?

Dumb mechanic that ruins the whole thing IMO

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Being able to battle gym leaders is nice and hopefully they expand that aspect of the system.

Also the friend screen appears to be fixed so you don't get thrown back to the top after opening or sending a gift.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
It all sounded promising until the bullshit "you can spend candy and stardust to get an extra charged move"
What is the point of having that as an option when EVERYONE is going to do it to get the upper hand?

Dumb mechanic that ruins the whole thing IMO
I heard it's permanent. I mean, the alternative was having one charged move like we have right now, which would have made battles even dumber.

I wonder how one even counters stuff like Kyogre though. Natural counters like Quagsire only worked because of Water Absorb and Electric immunity. If the damage formula stays the same, then Kyogre and Mewtwo are going to clean house. Not even niche Pokemon like Ludicolo stand a chance.

I guess Alolan Muk is a decent Mewtwo check.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Second charge move sounds cool, especially so you can add some more versatility to Pokemon without needing to entirely power up another one.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
The rewards will probably be like in raids. Winning gives you more bundles to receive, but the items themselves are random, so losers can still receive the good stuff like Sinnoh Stones.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The lower capped leagues are a super interesting pospect to me right now, because this gives some fun meta relevance to lower stage evolutions. A 1500 Golem and a 1500 Graveler should be around the same overall stat total, just with a different distribution. These shouldn't just be inherently dominated by low CP final stage evolutions. Specific stat distribution, typing, and movepools will matter.

Hopefully I can make decent meta use of a Buizel now 👀 (god dangit his max cp is 1100 😢)

Status
Not open for further replies.