• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Yes, exactly. So if you have the game open most of the time anyway you'll see little change. I wish they would just get rid of the garbage GPS tracking.

Ok cool, thanks. I got so used to having the game open while walking that I mostly still do.
How often does Adventure Sync, uh, sync?

If I had the game open, closed it for 30 seconds then opened it again (as I often do while checking other things on my phone etc), I wonder if it would sync those steps too?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Please just make a balanced CP formula Niantic. Glass cannon type Pokemon will be disadvantaged stats wise when it comes to the CP capped leagues.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Please just make a balanced CP formula Niantic. Glass cannon type Pokemon will be disadvantaged stats wise when it comes to the CP capped leagues.
They just balanced it lol

You can't gain energy from losing HP in PvP and it has the Protect mechanic, so it's more about type matchups than anything else. Two 2500 CP Pokemon will have relatively the same total stats. A glass cannon will have a higher distribution to attack but that's the tradeoff. You need to take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses by scouting his/her Pokemon and their moves. A glass cannon will for example live much longer if it resists the fast attack and one of the charged attacks, while the other charged attack can be shielded. Building a core to minimize your weaknesses will be one of the challenges.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Silver Pinap berries and a 10km egg for adventure sync this week, yet another Raikou for research though.

Gui

Oct 29, 2017
Adventure Sync was stupid from the beginning. Haven't managed to snag a single 10k egg

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
EDIT: Trapinch NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why god, why????????

Are you positive that this was the 10k egg from the adventure sync reward ?

FYI I hatched 4 10k eggs this morning before the sync (1xmareep / 2xlarvitar / 1xtrapinch) and got a 10 and a 5k egg from the sync - the 10 is on now and I have 2 x5k's with todays date so dont know which of those is a normal egg and which is the special one.

** edit ** - it seems your not alone and the question is if this was a mistake or they have purposfully extended the pool

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...nyone_received_riolu_or_shinx_from_10km_eggs/

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
They just balanced it lol

You can't gain energy from losing HP in PvP and it has the Protect mechanic, so it's more about type matchups than anything else. Two 2500 CP Pokemon will have relatively the same total stats. A glass cannon will have a higher distribution to attack but that's the tradeoff. You need to take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses by scouting his/her Pokemon and their moves. A glass cannon will for example live much longer if it resists the fast attack and one of the charged attacks, while the other charged attack can be shielded. Building a core to minimize your weaknesses will be one of the challenges.

They balanced the stat formula, not the CP formula. None of the things your second paragraph change the fact that Pokemon with an attack specialization will be disadvantaged in terms of raw stats since attack is still weighted more heavily than defense when it comes raising the CP number. There's no reason to have that imbalance from the get go before you even factor in all of the other stuff.

Last edited:

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Are you positive that this was the 10k egg from the adventure sync reward ?

FYI I hatched 4 10k eggs this morning before the sync (1xmareep / 2xlarvitar / 1xtrapinch) and got a 10 and a 5k egg from the sync - the 10 is on now and I have 2 x5k's with todays date so dont know which of those is a normal egg and which is the special one.

** edit ** - it seems your not alone and the question is if this was a mistake or they have purposfully extended the pool

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...nyone_received_riolu_or_shinx_from_10km_eggs/
Yeah, 100% positive it was from the adventure sync. Man this sucks so hard. Trapinch has become my most hated Pokemon. Please take it out of the 10km egg pool Niantic.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Well, at least my reward 5k egg was a Turtwig.

Still need to hatch the 10k. I already have a Riolu, but I would like a better one.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, some of you like to complain abut free stuff... lol

I'm hoping we get PvP today.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My 5k Adventure Sync egg gave me a Charmander.

Didn't take them long to fuck up that feature

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My 5k Adventure Sync egg gave me a Charmander.

Didn't take them long to fuck up that feature
case in point...

Personally, I'd rather not see another damn gen 4 starter... lol

Though, anything is better than hatching a gen 3 starter these days. Worst 5k egg

--

Also, didn't even do 25k last week. Too cold outside!

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
case in point...

Though, anything is better than hatching a gen 3 starter these days. Worst 5k egg

--

Eh my issue it that they will do something great and then ruin it after a short time.

Like they recently made 7k eggs really worth it by adding babies that could be shiny. Then they went and added Lapras, Snorlax, Tyrogue ect that nobody cares about.

Now they have done the same with the adventure sync rewards AND the research breakthroughs.

Sorry but I don't care about getting Kanto starters for a millionth time when I had a chance of getting a shiny Budew from the AS 5K eggs or a strong 4th Gen starter

And all I ever get from 10k eggs is Trapinch. It was nice to have a guaranteed chance at either Riolu or a Shinx, and now all I'm going to get from those eggs as well is Trapinch.

They keep doing good things and then going and making them shit with no warning. It's a legit criticism.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
My commute from and to work is driving. (And it doesn't measure anything I do in the gym)
So is mine, but it's still enough just walking from the parking lot and up and down the stairs at the office. I haven't been going out of my way to get distance at all (unfortunately, because I'm so bogged down at work at the moment).

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
As a relatively new player, I'm fine with whatever the eggs give me. ^_^

Got a lovely Magby and a Azuril from some eggs the other day. <3

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
They balanced the stat formula, not the CP formula. None of the things your second paragraph change the fact that Pokemon with an attack specialization will be disadvantaged in terms of raw stats since attack is still weighted more heavily than defense when it comes raising the CP number. There's no reason to have that imbalance from the get go before you even factor in all of the other stuff.
Ah, I see. Yeah, how CP is calculated is a relic of the past when gym towers and prestige training still existed.

The life of a Pokémon GO min-maxer seems very stressful.
Nah, it's just cool to have another way to show off your dick size lol

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up trying to get eggs from Adventure Sync after the first week. Trying to force that to happen was too inconvenient in the first place, especially when eggs weren't even guaranteed.

I got 3 rare candy out of the sync this week and only hit the 25k mark this time around. I'm happy with that. As a bonus, all the pokeballs plus dust and rare candy is always welcome. The worst Adventure Sync rewards are still 100x better than possibly getting 5 pinaps for the Research Breakthrough reward.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I think eggs will always be switching up like that. I think it's mostly bad for the more hardcore players, but I'd think it probably isn't as much for the average casual player. Though this cycle didn't last as long as I thought it would I'd say.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
They had better hurry-up with PvP or the next event.

There's nothing in raids, walking rewards, streak rewards, spawns, eggs that I want.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'd just be happy with Gible in 10k eggs, since I have 8 10k eggs and 100+ super incubators lying around because there's nothing I want from the 7-10k eggs.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully that stadust cost to unlocking the second charge move isn't too high.

Needing to "unlock" the second charge move seems a bit extra, but I don't feel strongly one way or another because I do think there are some pros to it. I just hope to cost isn't too ridiculous. I saw people suggesting they'd pay 50,000 for it, and that's like a 5th of my current hoardings as a early level 32 man. Leving up pokemon already burns through the dust quick.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully that stadust cost to unlocking the second charge move isn't too high.

Needing to "unlock" the second charge move seems a bit extra, but I don't feel strongly one way or another because I do think there are some pros to it. I just hope to cost isn't too ridiculous. I saw people suggesting they'd pay 50,000 for it, and that's like a 5th of my current hoardings as a early level 32 man. Leving up pokemon already burns through the dust quick.
I think level 32 is just a tad too early to be already powering up Pokemon.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
case in point...

--

I did my first 50k week this last week, only because adventure sync was finally working properly.

I move like 60-70k at work in a given week, so it was nice to finally have a week where that was recorded properly.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I was moving 50k a week. Most so far is like 35k. Summer time when it's warm outside for me to run will help a lot for me.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I was moving 50k a week. Most so far is like 35k. Summer time when it's warm outside for me to run will help a lot for me.
I don't get out much beyond work right now because of the temps.
I've actually been opening gifts to get 7k eggs just to have something to hatch lol.
I've been glad to see the pool increased on those since I got a chansey and togapi last instead of more aloan rats.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
why would it be too early to power up Pokemon?

Serious question, I haven't done much powering up outside of field research so far (level 20)

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
You can potentially gain 4 million exp just by sending and opening 20 gifts every day for three months.

I can't pick up no 20 presents a day 😱 Nowhere close.

I have about 21 friends. I'm just adding some more people rn from the Silph Arena though. I'm trying not to have it too cluttered just because it's kind of a pain to deal with lol.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017

Now this is a change I approve of.
Might be able to get Melmetal tomorrow depending on how many Meltan now show up.

Wonder if shiny Meltan will start showing up now? Though that would be dumb to do now after so many people have been using the box for weeks

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I can't pick up no 20 presents a day 😱 Nowhere close.

I have about 21 friends. I'm just adding some more people rn from the Silph Arena though. I'm trying not to have it too cluttered just because it's kind of a pain to deal with lol.
I know what you mean. I don't open/send 20 gifts each day and I think it's a huge hassle but then again I'm already lvl 40 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.