• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I've apparently hatched 67 eggs since Monday. I don't think many of them have been worth keeping.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to adventure sync I have learned I walk about 1.5 km per day at work. Never expected that. It also helped me hatch 8 pointless 7 km eggs. I was really hoping for a Riolu.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Do you really want to transfer this event Pokemon?

DwGFyY7WkAERFQV.png

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
My Machamp army building is going slow :(

I haven't seen one in raids since coming back to my town. But, at least Machops are spawning.

I did get a new EX Raid Pass, though. And it's for next Sunday during the Community Day hours.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I have to call shenanigans on the event supposedly giving us more 5k and 10k eggs. Over the past day and a half I've been hatching and acquiring eggs non stop. I just grabbed my 19th egg since the event started and it was ANOTHER 2k. That makes twelve 5k eggs, six 2k , and ONE 10k. What the shit Niantic? Bunch of liars. I thought maybe it's just dumb luck but I took a look at the Silph road Reddit and many others are having the same issue. I feel manipulated into buying more incubators thinking this was a more ideal time to do so. What a sham and it's straight up deceit or false advertising. It's too bad mobile game companies can get away with it. There's nowhere to really take complaints to and unless there were some internal investigation nothing can fix or prove this.

Sorry for the rant. I'm frustrated and regretful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo..._i_the_only_one_this_is_happening_to_18_eggs/

Last edited:

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been keeping track, but it feels like 80% 5km eggs, 10% 10km eggs, 10% 2km eggs.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Just got my first ever 100% IV (that I'm aware of): Machop from an egg. Gonna be a while before I can do anything with it, though, since I only have about 50 candies.

Are moves still random on evolution? Just wondering if there's any way to tell what it'll end up with.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Forget more Pikachus, a Stantler with bells plus Shiny has been found in the network traffic.

I've gotten about ten 5k eggs and two 10ks. Give me more 10ks!

Just got my first ever 100% IV (that I'm aware of): Machop from an egg. Gonna be a while before I can do anything with it, though, since I only have about 50 candies.

Are moves still random on evolution? Just wondering if there's any way to tell what it'll end up with.
Yes, random.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
With the advent of TMs it doesn't really matter anymore; the only concern left is whether a given Pokemon might get a community day and thus an exclusive move that can only be obtained by evolving during said event. Beyond that, you can just reroll with TMs whenever.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
With the advent of TMs it doesn't really matter anymore; the only concern left is whether a given Pokemon might get a community day and thus an exclusive move that can only be obtained by evolving during said event. Beyond that, you can just reroll with TMs whenever.
I only have like 3 TMs, though. But I guess Machamp would be a good use for them.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
My Zapdos research box streak ended yesterday with Articuno, which I didn't have yet. The only gen1+2 legendary I still need is Raikou. And today I got my first Deoxys from an ex raid so it's all good. Been days since I got a Sinnoh stone though.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what's more frustrating, the overall low egg drop rate or only getting 5ks.

Thankfully my one 10k so far was a Skorupi, which on the same walk I caught two wild ones. That brought me from 0 to 76 candy, hah. Also caught my first Finneon.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I think I actually might make it to 50km walked this week. Which is weird, cos it's been a seriously lazy week.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've got all these gifts and no one to send them to. Is there any other benefit to having friends? I only just started playing this last week. I figured that since I walk somewhere between 6 and 8 miles a day that I might as well do something while I walk. Plus my job has a pokestop, so, the hunting is easy and nice.

Anyways;

7553 8977 3766

I took a gym over today. It had a bunch of tough as shit 'mon that I took 45 minutes to whittle down. But I did it. Take that Team Spark!

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I've got all these gifts and no one to send them to. Is there any other benefit to having friends? I only just started playing this last week. I figured that since I walk somewhere between 6 and 8 miles a day that I might as well do something while I walk. Plus my job has a pokestop, so, the hunting is easy and nice.

Anyways;

7553 8977 3766

I took a gym over today. It had a bunch of tough as shit 'mon that I took 45 minutes to whittle down. But I did it. Take that Team Spark!

Added. Shit tons of exp, ultra balls, pinaps, stardust, and 7km alonan eggs. You'll want to hatch eggs after you pick up gifts, and as eggs from stops hatch open gifts and incubate eggs.

Oh man you're only level 17. If ultra balls aren't unlocked yet when you receive them it'll be great balls. When you get to level 3 or 4 friends in the coming months you'll level up twice lol.

Last edited:

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Added. Shit tons of exp, ultra balls, pinaps, stardust, and 7km alonan eggs. You'll want to hatch eggs after you pick up gifts, and as eggs from stops hatch open gifts and incubate eggs.

Oh man you're only level 17. If ultra balls aren't unlocked yet when you receive them it'll be great balls. When you get to level 3 or 4 friends in the coming months you'll level up twice lol.

Haha yep, I'm about as green as they come. I mostly just poke around during my breaks at work, and then hatch shit while I walk. There's a gym not too far, too, so I hit that today.

Pretty fun though, all around! Looking forward to going into it a bit more deeply.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Haha yep, I'm about as green as they come. I mostly just poke around during my breaks at work, and then hatch shit while I walk. There's a gym not too far, too, so I hit that today.

Pretty fun though, all around! Looking forward to going into it a bit more deeply.

If you want to experience group play, go to a downtown area during community days. If you have trouble finding people lookup meetups. You'll be able to easily tag along and do a bunch of raids (well assuming you have paid passes, only 1 free per day). People can show you how to do curveballs and time it after the pokemon attacks.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Made it over 50km for the week. And plenty of free egg slots at the moment.

Would be good to get some interesting eggs while we have double candy.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yo, hopping in here hot off my first trade with my SO. We each traded a "wonder" Pokémon (team mystic) and the fucking IVs get scrambled so both Pokémon are just trash now. Holy fucking shit. How do you fuck up the whole point of trading Pokémon to one another?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Yo, hopping in here hot off my first trade with my SO. We each traded a "wonder" Pokémon (team mystic) and the fucking IVs get scrambled so both Pokémon are just trash now. Holy fucking shit. How do you fuck up the whole point of trading Pokémon to one another?
IVs are re-rolled during the trading process, with each level of friendship having a higher IV floor. The possible range of final CPs is shown to you directly on the transfer screen.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
IVs are re-rolled during the trading process, with each level of friendship having a higher IV floor. The possible range of final CPs is shown to you directly on the transfer screen.
CP is not the same as conveying IV change.

CP change and the verbiage used implies level scaling for my SO who is lower level. The fact there's even a way to appraise the Pokémon from the trade screen is even more deceiving because why even have that prior to trade if it has 0 bearing on the post trade result. Trash miscommunication that is purposely deceitful.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
CP is not the same as conveying IV change.

CP change and the verbiage used implies level scaling for my SO who is lower level. The fact there's even a way to appraise the Pokémon from the trade screen is even more deceiving because why even have that prior to trade if it has 0 bearing on the post trade result. Trash miscommunication that is purposely deceitful.
Uh huh. Purposely deceitful for the purpose of...? Think about things before you go full conspiracy theory.

The in-game tutorial even specifically states "After you complete the trade, the stats of both Pokémon will change randomly to reflect the new range." Not sure how much clearer you need. This also specifically ties into the Lucky mechanic, which sets stat re-rolls to the highest minimum.

For what it's worth, the mechanic has the benefit of allowing you to deliberately re-roll stats. My girlfriend and I will often trade rare Pokémon with poor stats to get a second chance at a good one.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the trainer Krakisaur is here, DM me. You're on the spreadsheet, but Era is saying it doesn't have anyone by the username that you wrote down.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Today's 10km egg reward was Riolu. Not too shabby.

Also, GPS drift is back with a vengeance. I've completely run out of eggs. Not even any friend gifts to open right now.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Woo, finally got a Sinnoh Stone from battling. My first stone since mid-November!

Evolved my 98 Rhydon and got the ground moveset I wanted right off the bat. My ground team is generally trash since I have no Groudons.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Back from my long vacation. Sadly no shiny Delibird. I'll need to trade for it. But, did finally hatch 5 Munilaxs. lol

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Just got a one-shot gold gym badge from one I visited when I was in a different state for the holidays. It was unclaimed so I threw in a Blissey and have been feeding it berries for the past 2 weeks and it just hit gold after 16 days of continuous defending.

atPfj2D.jpg

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
That never happens to me.

The best I ever did was actually recent, though. 6 days in a tiny English village gym that I will never visit again.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Dude...snorlax in the wild near my house. If I didn't have 1 nearly maxed or at all, this would drive me nuts.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
How often does Adventure Sync update? I ran 3k twelve hours ago and it still hasn't registered.
Pretty much instantly. 5 minutes at most? Make sure you don't have battery saver on or optimize the app on android. I think that can interfere with it. Also if you ever delete the data/app you have to enable adventure sync again.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a one-shot gold gym badge from one I visited when I was in a different state for the holidays. It was unclaimed so I threw in a Blissey and have been feeding it berries for the past 2 weeks and it just hit gold after 16 days of continuous defending.

atPfj2D.jpg
Most I had was 8 days at the light house by our family's place in the Outer Banks.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Back during my New Years trip last year, I placed a Pokemon in a gym in the city of Charleston SC and it somehow stayed for nearly 2 weeks. Was just 3 or so days short of becoming Gold too.

Status
Not open for further replies.