• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
For the second time in a week I've thrown out a shiny because I'm clicking too fast. Roselia and Plusle :(

Oh well. At least I kept my shiny Charmander.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't it give you a second pop-up if you try to transfer one? Or is the only protection that you can't select a shiny from the menu?
It does, but I clicked right through it. I blame you, Pikachu. During the winter event I got a billion of the Santa Pikachus and when you try to send it to the shredder the game gives you a second confirmation pop up about do you want to delete this event Pokémon. I clicked through that so many times I developed muscle memory.

So sad.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently rare candy has been added to the battle rewards pool, which hopefully won't be making it even harder to get Sinnoh Stones.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Apparently rare candy has been added to the battle rewards pool, which hopefully won't be making it even harder to get Sinnoh Stones.
Damn. Hopefully they just adjusted the rates on everything so I don't get 99% stardust. I have only acquired ONE Sinnoh Stone through the ai battles. One battle every single day since their inception and only one stone to show for it blows.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, new update extends the viewing distance in the game. I just went from being able to see 3 to 9 gyms from my house. That's excellent.

photonblack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm now on my old slow af iphone 6 because of a broken screen. God , i remember why I stopped playing in 2016 this phone struggling to run a pokestop swipe.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Gps drift at work has now stopped. Easy come, easy go.

At least I have already hit 50km walked for the week.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've gotten about 5 Trapinch since the egg pool changes.

I have a Flygon and nearly 500 Trapinch candy, really sick of getting these

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I figured I'd hatch a bunch of 7km eggs to build up on baby candy, and have hatched nothing but Wynauts. Seriously, I have so much damn Wynaut candy now and nothing to do with it.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
How do I find a Ditto, I have two quests that need one for completion and I have been stuck for months.
I used to find them lying around a few months ago but now they just disappeared

Also, I want a pichu. Those only hatch from 2km eggs I think?

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
How do I find a Ditto, I have two quests that need one for completion and I have been stuck for months.
I used to find them lying around a few months ago but now they just disappeared

Also, I want a pichu. Those only hatch from 2km eggs I think?

Dittos are back to being rare again so you need to hunt them out - and although there was previously a quest to get them its gone again

https://www.imore.com/how-catch-ditto-pokemon-go this is the latest list - but basically catch anything listed on here and you will eventually get one.

Pichu are currently in 7k eggs which you can only get from opening up gifts (and only if you have both an egg space and a 'pokemon' space) when you open the gift.

That's awesome. I know I have a handful of gyms right out of my current range so I can't wait to get this update. I don't see it in the Play Store yet.

IOS only and its quite noticable when you view an IOS and Android device side by side - from my house you could see a single gym and if you drifted a little then another one came into view just on the very edge of the screen - now I can see 3

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Oh nice, I thought it was just a fluke that I could see the fourth gym in my town from home this morning. That's perfect since it's definitely close enough for me to drive to when a good raid pops up.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Dittos are back to being rare again so you need to hunt them out - and although there was previously a quest to get them its gone again

https://www.imore.com/how-catch-ditto-pokemon-go this is the latest list - but basically catch anything listed on here and you will eventually get one.

Pichu are currently in 7k eggs which you can only get from opening up gifts (and only if you have both an egg space and a 'pokemon' space) when you open the gift.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
IOS only and its quite noticable when you view an IOS and Android device side by side - from my house you could see a single gym and if you drifted a little then another one came into view just on the very edge of the screen - now I can see 3
Wait so it's always going to be an iOS only update or is it just delayed on Android like they usually do?
Update is live on some Android stores. They always do Android first, but it is staggered there.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Woo. Got 7 lucky sevens for my stardust amount. :)

Dwe2hjjX0AE_Ikk.jpg:small

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Wait so it's always going to be an iOS only update or is it just delayed on Android like they usually do?

IOS is a blanket 'when its out its out' so when it comes out on IOS first then everyone has it with no delays
*most* of their updates actually come out on Android first but they do a staged approach where a small number of users get the new version and then it slowly rolls out until its available to everyone (normally over a few days) - it will be available for android its just not there for most people (yet)

Woo. Got 7 lucky sevens for my stardust amount. :)

Congrats - did you try to get it to that number or just luck as you caught stuff ?

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
IOS is a blanket 'when its out its out' so when it comes out on IOS first then everyone has it with no delays
*most* of their updates actually come out on Android first but they do a staged approach where a small number of users get the new version and then it slowly rolls out until its available to everyone (normally over a few days) - it will be available for android its just not there for most people (yet)

Congrats - did you try to get it to that number or just luck as you caught stuff ?
Actually tried, lol. This morning I actually had something like 7,833,011. Noticing I could actually do it, I spent some stardust lol

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Ooh, new update extends the viewing distance in the game. I just went from being able to see 3 to 9 gyms from my house. That's excellent.

You're right. I have a neighborhood gym that was a few hundred feet too far away previously. Nice, if there's a 1 to 3 star raid of something I need I can swing by now.

Also hatched another feebus. I'm so done with this egg bullshit once the double stardust is over. I have 500 feebus candies.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The draw distance increase makes a pretty big difference if you live in bumfuck. My radar used to show one stop far away when I'm home, but it's now increased to the marketplace with 2 stops, so if there's an interesting spawn there I can go get it. I have an extra gym on the radar as well. If you live in a city this is a minimal update, but for me it's pretty huge.

Also I've noticed looking at screen caps: how come you guys get a damage number next to your moves? I'm on iPhone SE and I don't see any numbers next to the moves. I used to, but not anymore.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Hm, so android only gets a few hundred feet and ios gets a lot more? That's bullshit, especially given how old the game is, how much money they've made, and the financial incentive to get people to play more.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
There's at least 4 more gyms I can see now from my sofa.

Still would be a long walk.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I'm extremely disappointed that you can only get those new clothes by winning 200 battles. Something that is never going to happen

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I believe that's a known bug with regard to only that phone.

Thanks, looked it up and it appears so.

About hatches: it'd appear that our feeling was correct, 10k's didn't get that much of a boost: "While 2km eggs became more rare, and 5km eggs more common, as expected, 10km eggs have actually not significantly changed in rarity during the event as compared to their pre-event levels. All of the decrease in 2km eggs has been absorbed by the 5km species." (https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...ph_research_group_distribution_of_2km_5km_and)

10k hatches have been disappointing for me as per usual, but at least it's not a Trapinch stream and I got more variety. I got a Porygon, Mareep, one Trapinch, a Beldum, Dratini and Bagon, which 'only' gave me 38 candy. Getting closer to a Salamence. I'd love to hatch a Slakoth, Riolu or Shinx before the event's done.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, I just got a new phone but it doesn't seem like adventure sync works on it. Is there a way to get it to work?

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
I realize it would devalue rare candy but I really wish you could trade X amount of Y pokemon candy for 1 candy of another pokemon. For example 10 Trapnich candy(cause I am sure we all have an excess of this by now) for 1 of something else.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I realize it would devalue rare candy but I really wish you could trade X amount of Y pokemon candy for 1 candy of another pokemon. For example 10 Trapnich candy(cause I am sure we all have an excess of this by now) for 1 of something else.
That would be amazing and they'd never go for it. Everyone's got a thousand Trapinch candy, hundreds of Delibird candy, and whatever else is worthless (Castform, anyone?), and dump it into Tyranitar, Machamp and Mewtwo as fast as possible. I'd love it, but yeah, it would never happen.

Oct 26, 2017
I just recently evolved my first Shinx, but I would save up all the way for a shiny one. Such a cool Pokemon.

Also waiting for a Riolu, but I'm hardly getting 10 km eggs at all. Bastards.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably took me like 40+ raids to get one too. My wife got one too, I just traded it to me after I got this one. So I now need 1 more, and then I can finally evolve them. Been pinaping them nearly every time.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Finally got a fucking chingling. Only egg hatch I need is rioula. Is that adventure sync 50km only? Edit: seems ot is 10km too. I guess is the next snorlax for me, I hatched 100+ 10km eggs before it hatch snorlax.

Tomorrow is rest day so no more incubations until community day 4x buff

Status
Not open for further replies.