• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I hope shiny Feebas works the way shiny sunglasses Squirtle worked.

The same pokestop quest giving a shiny to everyone would make this much less stressful for 3 hours than trying to complete as many quests you can and hoping RNG likes you.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Got it to work, turned out part of my phone was in battery saver.

Excited for another community event, but I want another Raid day. They are the faves

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's only 20km. Work, errands, and shopping will hit that within 3 weeks easy.
Three weeks, sure. But the Feebas event is next weekend. Why would I get through maybe half the required distance before an event where I could get better Feebas? I can spend the meantime getting other candy instead.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, it's unlikely that we will get a exclusive move for Feebas, so not like it truly matters as far as a time sensitive thing. Wait to see if you get a shiny. I'm hoping it warm enough here that i can go walking more easily.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, it's unlikely that we will get a exclusive move for Feebas, so not like it truly matters as far as a time sensitive thing. Wait to see if you get a shiny. I'm hoping it warm enough here that i can go walking more easily.
I'm not sure if you're replying to me specifically, but in case you are, I know it's not a time sensitive thing. But I'm not walking a perfect IV Feebas, so I'm just going to wait and see if there's a better one to end up walking after next weekend.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I hate assholes who only partially coordinate on Discord. The folks who say they're going to raids then don't wait for everyone or even announce that they're starting and just raid as soon as the bare minimum of people have arrived, leaving the remainder of folks on the way screwed. And then they don't even have the courtesy of canceling their interest in the raid so it screws up any attempt at coordinating another round. Don't be one of those people.

Managed to hatch a Shinx yesterday which gave me a sweet +64 candy, enough to bring my shiny 91% Luxray to level 34.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing this a bit since getting Let's Go Pikachu at Christmas, I hadn't played since late 2016.

I still enjoy it, it's a good way to take my mind off of journeys and such. But have they changed spawning when it thinks your in vehicles?

When I get the bus to work I used to be overloaded with Pokemon to catch or stops to spin, but it seems like going even slightly faster than expected won't let the stops spin, and Pokemon just won't spawn till I slow down drastically to just faster than walking speed.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Which should be, as we don't want people driving 50+ and looking at their phones playing Pokemon. Lol

Though, I do miss the days of being able to spin Pokestops no matter the speed. Was really fun at Universal Studios to be on a ride and spin a pokestop while going 40+ on a ride. (still easy for many rides of course)

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Feebas pokestop quests will be super easy. Temperatures are dipping below -20 Celsius. Heck, Totodile community day is going to be pretty tough. Im just going to stay in doors near a gym and hope I get 3 shiny Totodiles.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I hope the Feebas pokestop quests will be super easy. Temperatures are dipping below -20 Celsius. Heck, Totodile community day is going to be pretty tough. Im just going to stay in doors near a gym and hope I get 3 shiny Totodiles.

Yeah I kind of want to do one run though a bunch of stops and get a few shinies and call it an afternoon because it'll probably be frigid.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I kind of want to do one run though a bunch of stops and get a few shinies and call it an afternoon because it'll probably be frigid.

What Im really hoping for but Im afraid to say as it makes me seem like the worst:

I hope my local facebook Pokemon Go Group posts which stops are shinies and I can go out like an hour then

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
That's a shame.

On a bus it's ok-ish, but with the wife driving crazy on the way home I won't see a single Pokemon spawn.

You can use an incense and it will spawn Pokemon no matter what speed you are going. In fact, more Pokemon will spawn the faster you go. If you are going over (I think) 55 MPH though, when you try to catch them, they will jump out after one shake and run away. Best to use it when you are in that 35-45 MPH range.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Today was a really odd shiny day for me. Shiny Wingull, shiny Swablu, and shiny Caterpie.

Got enough for the whole shiny Caterpie family now.
DwrF1KoU0AI87aN.jpg

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Did 3 Heatran raids today so far, only got 1 Charged TM. Used it on my Heavy Slam Machamp and got Close Combat. Evolved another Machop, moveset: Bullet Punch + Heavy Slam. Did a Machamp raid, Counter + Close Combat.

This is almost every single day since I began trying to make a Machamp army. I have a few Machamp with 15 IV'd Attack, but they don't have Dynamic Punch.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
It's cool when you unknowingly catch a shiny using the Go+ and only find out the next day.

Neat, shiny Magnemite.
And 100% Vulpix.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Well that was a bit of a bust. Only caught one shiny Totodile, 78CP.
Hatched six 10k eggs and got 2 Trapinch, 2 Feebas, a Porygon and a Larvitar.

Most exciting thing to happen today was catching my first Skorupi.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I hate assholes who only partially coordinate on Discord. The folks who say they're going to raids then don't wait for everyone or even announce that they're starting and just raid as soon as the bare minimum of people have arrived, leaving the remainder of folks on the way screwed. And then they don't even have the courtesy of canceling their interest in the raid so it screws up any attempt at coordinating another round. Don't be one of those people.

Managed to hatch a Shinx yesterday which gave me a sweet +64 candy, enough to bring my shiny 91% Luxray to level 34.

Yeah, I only raid with a meetup that I go to which I know most of the organizers. We are very coordinated and we will walk around to a few of the level 5 raids so that pretty much everyone gets it. For those that can't time curveballs we help.

Perfect community day weather in Austin. 55 to 60 F, sunny.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Played for the full length of the event, got like 9 or 10 shinies, deleted the lowest cp ones. Farmed enough to make 5 hydro cannon Feraligatrs. I was actually happier to see that a big park turned into a seedot nest after the most recent migration, so I farmed enough to finally get a Shiftry.

Also hatched a second Chingling.

I wonder if user Beamdesign is reading this thread? You're not on the trainer list, but maybe you're reading this. We're one gift away from becoming best friends and I'd like to time it for a lucky egg...

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Me living in a village: How the heck do people get so many shinies on a community day?

Me today, In London: Ohhhhhh, I see

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Throughout 2 hours, I got 60 of them, with 3 shinies lol, and that's a wrap. Got way more than enough to fully evolve a shiny and a great Croconaw that I got from a raid.

Also can finally evolve a Magikarp at last.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Did very well today. 95% croc and 95% shiny croc. Evolved buisel, skupia, caught 3 heatans, bunch of shinx and gligar candies, only about 15 for each togo for final evolution. Beyond those 2, I think all i have left that's available is Ruiola, a gen 4 fish, and evolving a bronzer. Still a ton of ? In my pokedex, I'm assuming there's still a dozen locked.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I nearly completely forgot it was community day, my boyfriend was staying over and we went out for breakfast. Caught 2 shiny Totodiles in about 10 minutes on the walk back. Pretty awesome luck there

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Had a pretty solid community day. Hung around my usual spot for about half an hour and got 2 shinies, then decided to go downtown for the last couple of hours. It was NUTS! Everyone on the streets was playing, every Pokestop within distance was lured, the Universitys were filled to the brim with people playing. I'll make sure to go into the city for future events. I ended up with almost 10 shinies all in all. My Totodile were pretty bad but luckily I had a 90% leftover from some other catch.

Didn't realize it was 4x incubator, ended up hatching what I already had and dropping a 10km in before the event ended.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I was on a plane while community day was on. I caught a handful of Totodile while on the runway, but didn't get lucky enough to get a shiny.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, had three 10ks hatch today, all were Aerodactyl. Did another 15 or so 5ks, nothing special. Out of incubators now. Time to chill on that front for a while.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Overall, a pretty good community day. Caught enough of Totodiles to evolve 9 of them. Caught 7 shinies, only one wasn't terrible. Completed the EX Raid, and got Deoxys Attack Forme. And completed 4 or 5 Machamp raids, and boosted the high IV'd ones I have. Got 2 Charge TMs, and both of 'em gave me Dynamic Punch.

Pretty stark contrast from yesterday. Somedays you're the Griffin; somedays you're the amiibo.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My first ever community event. At the park I went to, I counted about 12 people wandering around participating and there were PokéStops lit up everywhere with lures. Caught about 40 Totodile and 2 shiny in a little over an hour. It was my first time seeing a Wobbuffet in the wild as well and caught two. That was fun!

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
OK, do the Research Breakthroughs have highly boosted shiny chances or something? Three out of the last four I've discovered have been shiny: Moltres, Zapdos and now Ho-Oh. Articuno is the only shiny Legendary I am missing now. At this point, I'm expecting I will get it next week.

axkec.png

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first ever shiny from an egg hatch this morning. An Aerodactyl. First time I've actually been excited to see that bastard. Usually one of the most annoying Pokemon to see in a 10k egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.