• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Typical of them to unleash some new gen 4 mons and then engulf them with a new event.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I got 2 Palkias and a shiny Spoink, then hit level 32. I'm hoping to get enough Dratini this week to finally get a Dragonite.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Shiny Meltan will appear for a limited time!

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/shinymeltan/

Trainers,

We have exciting news! The Shiny version of the Mythical Pokémon Meltan has been discovered! Just in time to celebrate the Lunar New Year, the Shiny version of Meltan will appear for a limited time.

A Mythical Pokémon, the mysterious and rare Meltan only appears when a Mystery Box is opened. If you're lucky, you may encounter Shiny Meltan when you open the Mystery Box from February 5 at 1 p.m. PST until March 4 at 11:59 p.m. PST. During this special event, the time that you have to wait before you can open the Mystery Box again will be reduced to three days. Be careful, Trainer! If you open the Mystery Box before this event starts, you will have to wait the usual time period before you can open it again.

Date & Time

• Feb. 5, 2019, at 1 p.m. PST (GMT -8) to Mar. 4, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. PST (GMT -8)

Features

• When you open the Mystery Box, you may encounter the Shiny version of the Mythical Pokémon Meltan!
  • The time you have to wait before you can open the Mystery Box again will be reduced.

Don't miss this unique opportunity to bring Shiny Meltan into your GO Park or evolve it into Shiny Melmetal! Best of luck in discovering a rare form of this recently discovered Mythical Pokémon.

—The Pokémon GO team

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I opened mine last night....

Be careful, Trainer! If you open the Mystery Box before this event starts, you will have to wait the usual time period before you can open it again.

WTF Niantic, how was anybody supposed to know to wait?

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
..... That shiny is so..... It makes Pichu's very bad, very unnoticable fake tan spray of s shiny look good... lol

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Got Miltank finally checked off in my dex, just doing Kirlia raids and presents now.

Don't know why Niantic releases new chinpokomons and immediately removes them. Or hell, they could still be in the wild but so damn rare you wouldn't run into one.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Got Miltank finally checked off in my dex, just doing Kirlia raids and presents now.

Don't know why Niantic releases new chinpokomons and immediately removes them. Or hell, they could still be in the wild but so damn rare you wouldn't run into one.
Actually caught a Shieldon today, so they're still out there.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Is shiny Meltan boosted

No idea.

Just finished my 1st mystery box and no shinies. Probably why the wait is reduced to 3. If nothing else I'll increase my arsenal of melmetals from 2 to 5.

Fuckers are pikachu catch rates, forced me to learn how to short curveballs so I can use normal and great balls without taking more than 2 throws.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Ugh... I must resist the urge to buy a Switch and Let's Go. I don't have the money. :/

Remember: it's only for Meltan. Pretty lame Pokémon and Melmetal's useless in fights/raids. I got a box from someone who brought a Switch to a raid to connect and I'm not even gonna ask him to bring it again for 150 more candy. I'm sure Meltan will appear in the wild down the road. If I ever play Let's Go it'll be for the game itself and not Meltan.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I wouldn't say melmetal is useless. It is a decent defender if you don't have a strong set of pokemon already. I'd say it's nearly as good as snorlax.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
But they gave a warning...minutes ahead of time. Who wants to bet the idea of the event hadn't even happened 10 hours ago.
I'm not sure what's sillier, their poor communication or that they apparently don't have the ability to remotely reset the timers.

Oh well, at least I'm still vaguely interested in Meltan beyond a shiny. I'm still looking for a good Meltan to evolve, either a 91+% or a high level 82+%.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what's sillier, their poor communication or that they apparently don't have the ability to remotely reset the timers.

Oh well, at least I'm still vaguely interested in Meltan beyond a shiny. I'm still looking for a good Meltan to evolve, either a 91+% or a high level 82+%.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that they can't reset the timers, there must be some technical jank that's preventing it. Otherwise it's so incredibly boneheaded.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Blah

I just did my "last" Meltan mystery box last night to evolve a Melmetal. Then of course this event pops up. Screw this game lol. With the boxes cool down of a freaking week, this should have been announced beforehand.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I've been waffling on popping my box until I got more Pinaps. Did it today and got myself a shiny, and finally some decent IVs.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With the way they're handling Meltan I wouldn't be surprised if in a few months they give Melmetal a time limited exclusive move.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Blah

I just did my "last" Meltan mystery box last night to evolve a Melmetal. Then of course this event pops up. Screw this game lol. With the boxes cool down of a freaking week, this should have been announced beforehand.
I don't understand how Niantic keeps fucking this shit up years in. The announcement should have been one week before the window, this isn't rocket science. People are losing out on entire batches of shiny eligible Meltan through literally no fault of their own, for no good reason.

Hell, there's no reason they couldn't have just zeroed out everyone's timers, but I guess that's asking too much from them.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
They probably aren't too concerned because they gave the event an entire month. So, at worst, people who are out for the first week entirely, still have 3 weeks with 6 or 7 chances. And they probably think that's enough.

From reddit, it kinda seems like people are catching around 2 shiny per box, so the rates aren't too bad.

It's probably way easier to do that, rather than make a database change for everyone. Though, right, they could've announced it today and had the event start next week.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Looking to add some friends.
Any idea how to throw an excellent curve ball? Seems impossible to me.
A lot of practice and a little bit of luck. Some Pokemon have better capture circles than others, I found Tauros to be fairly forgiving in that regard (he's large and sits closer to the screen compared to most) when I was going for them in the Mew/Celebi quests. Most of the 5* raid Pokemon (in general, not necessarily Palkia specifically) have bigger circles too making them good candidates for landing an excellent curve.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
They probably aren't too concerned because they gave the event an entire month. So, at worst, people who are out for the first week entirely, still have 3 weeks with 6 or 7 chances. And they probably think that's enough.

From reddit, it kinda seems like people are catching around 2 shiny per box, so the rates aren't too bad.

It's probably way easier to do that, rather than make a database change for everyone. Though, right, they could've announced it today and had the event start next week.

Huh, my son and I both did it last night. No shiny Meltans. Not so bad as the next chance is in three days, I guess. Only frustrating thing is that Meltan can't be batch transferred unless you throw them into Let's Go.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I opened mine last night....

WTF Niantic, how was anybody supposed to know to wait?

I had not opened the box in a few weeks - i finally opened it 2 days ago so my box timer has a 5 on it before i can open it again
My girlfriend had not opened hers in ages and opened it when the event started so she's on 2 already

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Completely forgot you could send the Meltans to Let's Go and still get the extra candy so I just deleted some instead of sending them over, dang it.

Got a shiny from my first box though at least. I'm gonna run out of pokeballs at some point and can't get more for free due to not needing data for anything else at the moment. Just hope I can at least get enough for a Melmetal before I run out.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Completely forgot you could send the Meltans to Let's Go and still get the extra candy so I just deleted some instead of sending them over, dang it.

Got a shiny from my first box though at least. I'm gonna run out of pokeballs at some point and can't get more for free due to not needing data for anything else at the moment. Just hope I can at least get enough for a Melmetal before I run out.

Deleting them (sending them to the professor) gets you a candy as well - its no different to transferring them to Lets-Go
If your nowhere near a stop you can still get balls via adventure sync - if you walk 50k (and its tracked) then on Monday morning you claim the sync rewards which will get you 35 balls (20 red / 10 blue / 5 yellow)
You can also get balls via gifts - if you dont already have friends on here then add your friend code to the excel sheet in the first post and let people know and i'm sure you can get a few gift boxes a day to keep you in Pokeballs.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Deleting them (sending them to the professor) gets you a candy as well - its no different to transferring them to Lets-Go
If your nowhere near a stop you can still get balls via adventure sync - if you walk 50k (and its tracked) then on Monday morning you claim the sync rewards which will get you 35 balls (20 red / 10 blue / 5 yellow)
You can also get balls via gifts - if you dont already have friends on here then add your friend code to the excel sheet in the first post and let people know and i'm sure you can get a few gift boxes a day to keep you in Pokeballs.
Yeah, got the candies anyway but would've been nice to have more of the things in my Go park
Wasn't aware of the adventure sync, that should be fine for me since I do walk with the thing fairly often.

Oct 27, 2018
I'm posting to unhide the spreadsheet of friends codes. Not sure how many are on it but I plan to add you all, if that's okay? If you see an incoming request from RoyLands and want some UK gifts, I hope you accept me.

I don't play as much as I used to (seems to be the case for most) but I'll try to send/open gifts regularly.

I'm level 35. Sorta done with raiding because my Discord group disbanded so now I play solo 100%.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Looking to add some friends.
Any idea how to throw an excellent curve ball? Seems impossible to me.

First work on your curveballs in general. Once you're able to hit most pokemons with nice, you're ready. Wait for a high CP close up pokemon (Ursaring, Pinsar, Wailing, etc), give it bananas, and use normal pokeballs that way if you mess up and get great throw, there's a decent chance it'll break free.

Status
Not open for further replies.