• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatagarasu

Oct 27, 2017
Are BerenCamlost9 and Pwnzington from here? We become best friends when I open your gifts so I'm hoping to arrange a time for this weekend if you'd like to use a lucky egg.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
My shiny luck has been off-the-charts recently.

750x1624.jpeg.1d90fafce102433fafed4e55f8788948.large

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Are BerenCamlost9 and Pwnzington from here? We become best friends when I open your gifts so I'm hoping to arrange a time for this weekend if you'd like to use a lucky egg.

What's your pokemon name. SDragon? It can be later today just quote me with a time and timezone and once I reply back we are good to go. Or PM me.

Its 145pm central for me now.

Weekend is fine too depending on the time. Working from home today so I'm in control of interruptions

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Haven't seen a kirlia raid in days. Fucking niantic I'm gonna have to walk ralts and throw rare candies at it. Almost done with Riolu so I guess that's next.

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Man... I think I'm going to start a second account this weekend. It'll be fun to have actual progression to do in numerous areas. Plus I'll have a reliable account to do daily trades and PVP with.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Did two EX Raids today.

Which, btw, apologies to StarCreator for doubting the whole one EX raid per gym per day. I somehow misread my girlfriend's pass and my own. One was at a gym labeled Lake Anna while the other was at Lake Anna Park, no more than a quarter mile apart.

Thus I had two shows since both my girlfriend and I had passes only an hour a half apart in nearly the same location. Except, I didn't think to look up how to do an EX invite. Turns out the word "Invite" is on the pass not as a declaration but a clickable option. So, she got her raid and mine, while I only got mine.

And goddamn does Deoxys die quick, especially in Attack form. With a full 20 people neither raid lasted more than 10 seconds.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Man... I think I'm going to start a second account this weekend. It'll be fun to have actual progression to do in numerous areas. Plus I'll have a reliable account to do daily trades and PVP with.

It's fun.

With all the special tasks, friend xp, and hundreds of mons levelling is pretty fast.

Plus Sinnoh stones and lucky trades are always appreciated.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
If you're willing to spin stops twice and add friends, send gifts, you'll be at level 30 in no time. My wife started playing in October or September and outside of us playing together every 2 weeks or community days with a meetup we go to, she doesn't play at all. She's nearly level 33, it's all of those friendship level xp (she has 36 friends). If I could take her phone to local raids when I work from home i would, I'd be able to handle most 4* raids.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Well, before I start trading and PVPing I need to get a second phone. :)

That's its own problem of Japanese. Last time I upgraded my phone, it was essentially free. Hopefully that deal still exists. I'm planning on getting an iPhone 8 to replace my iPhone 6. Then the iPhone 6 can just be used on wifi at home.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Or if you can use your new phone as a hotspot, you can take the old phone everywhere you go!

Yatagarasu

Oct 27, 2017
What's your pokemon name. SDragon? It can be later today just quote me with a time and timezone and once I reply back we are good to go. Or PM me.

Its 145pm central for me now.

Weekend is fine too depending on the time. Working from home today so I'm in control of interruptions
My user name is SDragon64. I'm based in London and the weekend would be best for me. I need to line up a couple of others so let me get back to you with a time.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
As long as you don't use that second account to gatekeep other people from gyms. Although I've seen so many multi-accounts lately, you might as well do it because if you don't do it someone else will.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've started a second account purely to give myself better odds of getting something good from field research.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
These days, the number of people with multiple phones at a raid outnumbers the solo players.

Which is good in the burbs.

Oct 27, 2018
These days, the number of people with multiple phones at a raid outnumbers the solo players.

Definitely. I've not raided for a while but in busy city-centre gyms it seemed to be spoofers > multi-accounters > regular, but closer to home it's more like multi-accounters > regular > spoofers (practically no spoofers the majority of the time, in a small town.) Point being multi-accounters always seem to outnumber the regular solo players, like you said.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have Magikarp, Swablu, or Sunglasses Squirtle. I've got Azurill and Santa Pichu from the top tier.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Missing Swablu and Pikared from Ubiquitous. Have a handful of uncommon, and only Sableye from rare. Nothing from God Mode :(
Edit: Oh wait, I do have a shiny Gastly.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I've got everything in Ubiquitous, most of Uncommon (at least two of them from trades), and all of one Rare (Sunkern).

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
From rarest to most common shiny, I have:

Party Pikachu
Santa Pikachu
Growlithe
Snorunt
Taillow
Luvdisc
Poochyena
Kabuto
Shellder
Pineco
Delibird
Makuhita
Wailmer
Shuppet
Ho-Oh
Cubone
Marowak
Ponyta
Feebas x 2

Raid events:
Articuno x 2
Gengar x 2
Moltres
Zapdos

I have multiple shinies of Wingull, Roselia, and Pinsir, but only one Psyduck because it was too cold to hunt.

I have everything in the ubiquitous tier except for Swablu.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
My rarest shiny is Togepi. I don't have that many yet since I only returned around Beldum comm. day. Don't even have a pikachu, squirtle or charmander shiny.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a shiny Krabby and a shiny Geodude. That's all from the top two levels.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Why is Gastly in that top tier category? Because he doesn't spawn that much in the wild? Don't have it either but guessed it'd be one of the more common shinies

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Why is Gastly in that top tier category? Because he doesn't spawn that much in the wild? Don't have it either but guessed it'd be one of the more common shinies
Gastly was just released into the wild after Gengar Day. Which means it's fairly recent and wasn't part of the Halloween event when a bunch of ghosts spawned.

Same thing with Misdreavus really.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I was confused about why Krabby was so rare, but apparently it was released to coincide with some event and then accidentally turned off for a while? I hadn't heard that, but it is a fairly common spawn in water biomes, so it makes no sense for it to be so rare otherwise.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Caught my first Glameow today. Shieldon is the only new base level evolution I haven't found yet.

I was confused about why Krabby was so rare, but apparently it was released to coincide with some event and then accidentally turned off for a while? I hadn't heard that, but it is a fairly common spawn in water biomes, so it makes no sense for it to be so rare otherwise.
I think there's an awful lot of people without regular access to water biomes. When they released its shiny, they also put him in as a research task reward for catching water types, so those people had even fewer chances of getting it.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Today some guy honked at my neighborhood gym. I was raiding a sabeleye in hopes to get rare candies (got trash revives). He said there was a raid around the corner, and that I should join. I explained that Palkia needs at least 4, but he said he had 2 phones. I gave up and humored him, but when we got there it timed out lol.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a 14/14/14 Finneon last night and a Combee appeared in the same area while I was taking the time to spin the nearby stops to rebuild my item piles. I'm only missing Purugly now, though I need multiples of them all to evolve them anyway.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I've seen a couple of Combees and one Cranidos on the radar but I was either at work or busy and couldn't get them. My only catch so far is Purugly.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you all are finding these. The only non-event chinpokomons from gen 4 today was that purple frog.
Right now I'm only seeing stuff from the first wave (Turtwig, Chimchar, Bidoof, Kricketot, Buneary). That Glameow was the first non-phase 1 'mon I've seen since the lunar event started. Got real lucky and stumbled into 4 Combee just prior to this event, plus a random Cranidos.

I'm still only at 1 Bronzor and 1 Finneon.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Right now I'm only seeing stuff from the first wave (Turtwig, Chimchar, Bidoof, Kricketot, Buneary). That Glameow was the first non-phase 1 'mon I've seen since the lunar event started. Got real lucky and stumbled into 4 Combee just prior to this event, plus a random Cranidos.

I'm still only at 1 Bronzor and 1 Finneon.

I never got the fish but that's because I didn't realize it was released and visited a lake.

I only got one bronzor but I walked it to 50 and evolved it.

Whatever seed bronzor is on seems to be the same as the new 4.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
Catching swablu on the day Palkia showed up finished my collection of the uncommon tier, and I have 9 of the uncommon and that's it. The other tiers have completely alluded me.. A lot of them rely mostly on high levels of egg hatching or raiding raids that don't give as many tms or rare candies or meta relevant pokemon as the 5 star raids, so I tend not to chase after those shinies.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Of the new stuff I've caught:

1 Glameow
1 Shieldon
2 Cranidos
4 Combee
5 Bronzor
6 Finneon
1 Lumineon

I also evolved a Bronzong after walking one of my Bronzor for a while.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
TSR posts a rumored friendship event that might start tomorrow:

I actually have enough candy to evolve a Bronzong but I'm basically on a complete moratorium on every evolve until I hear of there being an event move for a particular evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.