• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
My guess is that there is a correlation with spending and events and they are mashing the print more money button. I bet they come up with these the day of sometimes.

I could use more chansey candy but beyond that I'm not sure of any pink ppokemons.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
That Friendship event is awesome. Now I can accept all those gifts from accounts that have been hovering at "2 days left until Best Friend" in a stalemate to see which of us pops our gift first.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
That Friendship event is awesome. Now I can accept all those gifts from accounts that have been hovering at "2 days left until Best Friend" in a stalemate to see which of us pops our gift first.
Definitely give them a heads up in case they want to be able to lucky egg the friend increase. Losing out on 100,000 XP could be friendship-ending.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
As long as you don't use that second account to gatekeep other people from gyms. Although I've seen so many multi-accounts lately, you might as well do it because if you don't do it someone else will.
For my second account I was considering doing a different team, so I could knock out my Pokemon from gyms to collect coins when I wanted, but I think... Hrmm... Also, I go back and forth knocking out Pokemon, and putting new Pokemon in for the +100 badge bonus. Hrmm... Maybe I will do a different team.

Anyway, Gyms turn around so fast in my town and I don't have time to babysit them with berry feeding.

Last edited:

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Grab your buddies and drag 'em through the weekend! From February 8th, 1PM PST, until February 11, 1 PM PST, you'll earn double Friendship points, double trading Candy and Stardust trading costs are cut in half (rounded down to 100 Stardust) when making trades!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Wynaut is the only shiny I have that isn't from a community day or the safari zone event with Wingull heh.

LMAO, I posted this earlier today, and now I just caught a freaking shiny Cubone. Guess I need to complain more on and off or something. XD

Screenshot_20190207-165547.png

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Thought this was an interesting look into which shinies are the rarest. From a r/TheSilphRoad survey: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/ao0rpw/shiny_tiers_and_february_shiny_survey_results/

2csgo98d83f21.jpg

I've got everything in the Ubiquitous tier except for Wingull, over half of the Uncommon stuff, a handful of the Rares and nothing in God Mode. What about everyone else?
I got:
Kraby
Alolan Raichu
Ghastly
Budew (2)
Nidoran
Pichu (2)
Halloween Pikachu
Santa Pikachu (4)
Shinx
Magnemite
Drifloom
Tailow (2)
Natu
Poochena (2
Drowzee (2)
Omanyte
Aerodactyl
Shelder (2)
Zigzagoon (4)
Groudon (4)
Lugia
Wailmer
Gengar
Shuppet (3)
Magikarp (3)
Moltres
Cubone 5
Pontyta
Aaron (4)
Roselia (3)
Feebas (2)
Plusle (14)
Minum (3)
Psyduck (2)
Community day pokemon catched not on a comunity day:
Pikachu, 2 Eevee, Squirtle, Bulbasaur

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohhh, I got an email that I was accepted into the Softbank Pokemon Go Special Weekend event! Though, unfortunately, I need to go back to the US during the weekend, so I won't be able to participate.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Any bets on which Gen IV Pokemon they will release this time for 4 hours until it's overrun by pink Pokemon from valentine event?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, did a Machamp raid, came away with a perfect one, and it only took one TM to get Dynamic Punch :)

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I found a shiny Krabby in the wild a while ago... But it ran away.

The only non-CD shiny that has run (apart from Go+ stuff).

Hurts to hear that it is actually incredibly rare.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Caught my first Glameow today. Shieldon is the only new base level evolution I haven't found yet..

I've caught two of the evolved form of it (Purugly) but still no Glameow

I do have the starters for all of the other new ones so its just a case of walking them to get enough candies to evolve

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Bah, my Go-Tcha no longer catches or spins when my screen is off, yet my girlfriend's still does. I haven't changed any settings, and I've always had battery saver on (phone and app level), but turning it off doesn't even help.

I wonder if I have to take a step further and disallow battery saver mode to restrict apps that are seldom used from running in the background?

I'm on a Pixel XL, if that matters. I guess I'll just have to keep my screen on and upside down for now.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Bah, my Go-Tcha no longer catches or spins when my screen is off, yet my girlfriend's still does. I haven't changed any settings, and I've always had battery saver on (phone and app level), but turning it off doesn't even help.

I wonder if I have to take a step further and disallow battery saver mode to restrict apps that are seldom used from running in the background?

I'm on a Pixel XL, if that matters. I guess I'll just have to keep my screen on and upside down for now.

Maybe try removing the bluetooth connection and reconnecting? My go plus has freaked out a few times in the past and that's been the only solution.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Fuck! I want to use this weekend's friendship event to do a bunch of trades with my girlfriend but I'm going to be out of town until late Sunday.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Braved the wind and pissing rain during lunch break for a Shinx and finally got the shiny :D. 2 more to go...

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
TSR posts a rumored friendship event that might start tomorrow:

I actually have enough candy to evolve a Bronzong but I'm basically on a complete moratorium on every evolve until I hear of there being an event move for a particular evolution.

Yeah posted that before them. Got it from a newsletter so it's legit :)

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately I've already increased the friendship for today on the friend I really want to level-up quickly.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I got back into the game after a long time. I was reading here and there and found out about the guaranteed lucky pokemon trades. I have a bunch of pokemon from launch to trade with. What are some good pokemon to trade for to make lucky? And what is lucky actually?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I got back into the game after a long time. I was reading here and there and found out about the guaranteed lucky pokemon trades. I have a bunch of pokemon from launch to trade with. What are some good pokemon to trade for to make lucky? And what is lucky actually?
Trades reroll Pokemon IV; lucky Pokemon increase the minimum floor for said reroll (currently 12/15 for each stat). It also provides a sparkly visual effect and has a separate counter in the Pokedex, so there are people who are aiming to get a lucky of literally every Pokemon species.

IVs generally only make up about 10% of a Pokemon's overall effectiveness, so if you don't care to break solo raid records or the like it probably doesn't really matter what you use your guaranteed lucky trades on. A common thing people try to target lucky trades are Pokemon that have legacy moves (such as Gengar with Shadow Claw, which is still among the highest Ghost-type DPS in the game).

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to get a few Great Friends done on my new account. Not gonna get to Ultra soon, but the event should get things going.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trades reroll Pokemon IV; lucky Pokemon increase the minimum floor for said reroll (currently 12/15 for each stat). It also provides a sparkly visual effect and has a separate counter in the Pokedex, so there are people who are aiming to get a lucky of literally every Pokemon species.

IVs generally only make up about 10% of a Pokemon's overall effectiveness, so if you don't care to break solo raid records or the like it probably doesn't really matter what you use your guaranteed lucky trades on. A common thing people try to target lucky trades are Pokemon that have legacy moves (such as Gengar with Shadow Claw, which is still among the highest Ghost-type DPS in the game).

I heard that lucky pokemon are cheaper to power up - are there any pokemon that benefit a lot from powering up that I should try to get Lucky?

Also for example I have a shiny with bad stats, can I trade it to make it lucky and then have it traded back to me?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I heard that lucky pokemon are cheaper to power up - are there any pokemon that benefit a lot from powering up that I should try to get Lucky?

Also for example I have a shiny with bad stats, can I trade it to make it lucky and then have it traded back to me?
Half stardust cost for powerups is a thing with lucky Pokemon, yes.

All trades are final; traded Pokemon are account bound and cannot be retraded.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017

You probably want to go with the ones that are useful for raids. Stuff like Tyranitar, Machamp, Kyogre, Dragonite (maybe?).

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
If nothing else, this event should give a lot of Dratini to trade and hope for lucky.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Opened up a second mystery box and got a shiny Meltan on the first encounter.

Just need one more to evolve into a Melmetal.

Edit: Welp got a second shiny Meltan and a 3rd shiny Shinx.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Traded Kyogre for a Lugia today. Tomorrow I shall get Moltres. then I just need Zapdos. Fuck you breakthrough dice roll of endless enteis.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
You probably want to go with the ones that are useful for raids. Stuff like Tyranitar, Machamp, Kyogre, Dragonite (maybe?).

Yes dragonite with dragon tail and outrage is gud.

Salamence might be a bit better of an attacker dragon but we've had way more opportunities for dratini candy. I have 2 near maxed dragonites with 150 candy.

Last edited:

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Well my luck seems to have picked up after my endless kennel of dogs. Got a Moltres then today a Ho-Oh. Just missing Lugia and Articuno (which I doubt I'll get)

No shiny Meltan today sadly but a bunch of high CP and high IV ones.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
51588501_1726595684153649_5047418602454515712_o.jpg

Facebook cover art has been changed. Guess Smeargle is finally coming.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what to use my coins on for my new account. Items are probably the most pressurised thing so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.