• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Farmed quite a lot of Machop from the nest in town. I'm over 300 candies. :) I did 4 Machamp raids between today and yesterday and got two 93%ers, both did not have D.Punch. I also got a L35 91% Machop from the nest, but it had Close Combat when evolved :(

Bleh, I guess I should do some T5 raids tomorrow to get some Charge TMs to blow away trying to get the move I want.

Though, on the bright side, my Gotcha picked up a shiny Spoink. I also hit L38 after opening a bunch of gifts, and mass evolving crap'mons with lucky eggs.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
What time is good for you today? I'm in London so I'm 6 hours ahead of you but I should be able to open any time until 4pm your time (10pm here).

I'm up now. 1PM which is minutes away, 2PM, 3PM your time just let me know.

After that time if you post 2 hours before that should work. Beyond possibly going to the movies at 4 to 5 PM London time I'm having an uneventful day.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Oct 27, 2017

After that time if you post 2 hours before that should work. Beyond possibly going to the movies at 4 to 5 PM London time I'm having an uneventful day.

I'm waiting for someone in the PST zone to confirm a time so after 6pm London time (under 5 hours from) now would probably be best so that I can link you both with one egg. I'm also having an uneventful day so I should be able to give you enough notice.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Oh man, this Lunar event is amazing for starting a new account. I made it to level 18 in about an hour and a half thanks to the 2x catch bonus stacked with Lucky eggs. Catching a new species nets 1500 to 2000 XP depending on throws and misses.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Found a Combee. So that is another box in the Pokédex ticked. Next targets should be Gliscor and Yanmega, where I'm still missing a bit of candy.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Went out to the cold to a raid. Was there 10 minutes early and couldn't get in due to gps drift. Actually infuriating

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a fellow Reset friend who's busy, but asked me to post his friend code to get more adds!

image0-1f3ksu.jpg

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Does catching evolved forms in the wild give extra candy?

I caught a Purugly last night (first one), and according to Pokedex I haven't even SEEN a Glameow. But I have 5 candy for them.

VileZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland/DC
Hey all! I'm just starting to get back into Pokemon Go and could use some friends. I'm active daily, and send gifts to my friends daily too. Would love to get some new friends in the game, as I have very few IRL friends that play.

My code is: 3493 2524 0959

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Went to a raid and got bodied by a 54000 CP Palkia. Thought I could take it by myself.

Hehe, oops. Legendary raids are Tier 5 and are definitely not soloable. Even Tier 4s can't be soloed now that they buffed raid bosses. Tier 3 raids are soloable but you need a good amount of high level counters. T1 and T2 are soloable by most players level 20 and up however. Best to stick with those unless you have a group with you.

I caught a Purugly last night (first one), and according to Pokedex I haven't even SEEN a Glameow. But I have 5 candy for them.

Yes, Stage 1 evolutions caught in the wild or as raid bosses give 5 candy while Stage 2 evos reward 10 candy. You also get more Stardust for those catches (300 and 500, respectively).

4448-1537-9253 If anyone wants to add me
Hey all! I'm just starting to get back into Pokemon Go and could use some friends. I'm active daily, and send gifts to my friends daily too. Would love to get some new friends in the game, as I have very few IRL friends that play.

My code is: 3493 2524 0959

There is a spreadsheet linked in the OP where you can add your code and/or send invites to anyone listed there. I accept any invites I get from fellow ERA posters. 🙂

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Hehe, oops. Legendary raids are Tier 5 and are definitely not soloable. Even Tier 4s can't be soloed now that they buffed raid bosses. Tier 3 raids are soloable but you need a good amount of high level counters. T1 and T2 are soloable by most players level 20 and up however. Best to stick with those unless you have a group with you.
Yeah I thought I could solo it cuz I soloed two Mawile raids. haha. No one I know besides my friend plays Pokemon go so well see if I can do a legendary raid down the line.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I keep hatching Chikoritas... They put the Gen 1/2 starters in yet moved out the Gen 3 ones that still have their Community Days approaching. That's the opposite of useful.

Two Meltan boxes down, zero shinies so far. I hate this game.
Then there are those of us who haven't even been able to open one yet. Quit yer whining ;)

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan

Like others have mentioned, 3 for the base evo, 5 for the first stage, and 10 for the second. Many T3 and T4 raids are great to tackle because they offer the second stage Evo. Add a pinap berry to the mix, and you can net 20 candies for a species. Especially good for Machamp and Tyranitar raids if you're able to solo or duo them.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm so glad I keep hatching Chikoritas... They put the Gen 1/2 starters in yet moved out the Gen 3 ones that still have their Community Days approaching. That's the opposite of useful.

Then there are those of us who haven't even been able to open one yet. Quit yer whining ;)

You're just not monsing hard enough bro. Someone somewhere has all the gen 4 released and shit.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Like others have mentioned, 3 for the base evo, 5 for the first stage, and 10 for the second. Many T3 and T4 raids are great to tackle because they offer the second stage Evo. Add a pinap berry to the mix, and you can net 20 candies for a species. Especially good for Machamp and Tyranitar raids if you're able to solo or duo them.
Oh shit I didn't even consider that. I always thought of Pinap as +3 berries, but if it's x2 that changes things a bit. Hot tip, thanks!

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, iOS update was forced. I went from able to see 9 gyms down to 3. Niantic better reverse that with the next patch.

You're just not monsing hard enough bro. Someone somewhere has all the gen 4 released and shit.
Heh. I wandered like 9k today walking my dog, going downtown for food, checking out a park, etc. Didn't see any Gen 4 at all besides Bidoof and Buneary.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna be a pain juggling all these gifts the next 2 days and still have 2 egg openings for 9am Monday.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got a shiny meltan on my wife's act. I took advantage of the 20k stardust and took it. lol

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Oh great, the latest Android patch restores the field of vision back to where it was before the last patch so now I can see the three gyms in my area, instead of just two. Ridiculous that a super obvious bug like that made it into a public release.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How did everyone do with their research breakthroughs last week?

Managed to get myself a duplicate Ho-oh with bang average IV, and on my brand new second account I got another addition to the kennel club.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I've lost track of what has been going-on with research rewards on my main account.

My new account has had Suicune and Zapdos so far.

Hope we get something new soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.