• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I've lost track of what has been going-on with research rewards on my main account.

My new account has had Suicune and Zapdos so far.

Hope we get something new soon.

2 and a bit weeks (end of Feb) for the rewards to switch which will also be when the T5 boss changes over however what do they switch to ?

The Pokemon go website and twitter pages have all had 'paint splashes' added to them which is making people think Smeagle however that could be a quest reward rather than your research breakthrough

If they kept going in order the next thing would be Kyogre / Groudon / Rayquazza but i'd expect Ray to be back as a raid boss first (with the chance of a shiny) - they could bore everyone silly and give out the Regis ?

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I'm assuming Latios or Latias will be the next research breakthrough.

also Niantic needs to stop running all the really cool, meta relevant legendary raids when its cold as fuck out and running crap legendaries during the summer months. If they wait till June to do the lake trio, that's gonna fuckin' suck.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
It could be another regular Pokemon with a legacy move, like they did with Snorlax. Maybe Dragonite with Dragon Breath or Dragon Claw?

Dragonite has had a community day special move , and all the rumors of a shadow claw Gengar vanished when Lick came out with the raid day
Another legacy move Pokemon maybe possible but not sure what - Onamyte with legacy rock is the other thats often quoted as something special but I'm pretty sure that there is new stuff that out performs it (including Mamoswine from this weekends community day)

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Oh great, the latest Android patch restores the field of vision back to where it was before the last patch so now I can see the three gyms in my area, instead of just two. Ridiculous that a super obvious bug like that made it into a public release.

I've been doing these pretty much every day, so I guess at this point I've had a dozen dice rolls. I was missing Lugia, Moltres, and Zapdos, but I traded with my wife's account and now we are both just missing Zapdos. It's actually my last Kanto missing in my dex. Hopefully one of us will get it before this field research is over. If not, I'll try to be proactive about trading at the pokemon meetup I go to.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Got a few decent luckies out of the event, but nothing drop-dead-gorgeous.

A 91% Palkia, 91% Gardevoir, and 88% Rhyhorn and Dratini are most useful.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
2 and a bit weeks (end of Feb) for the rewards to switch which will also be when the T5 boss changes over however what do they switch to ?

The Pokemon go website and twitter pages have all had 'paint splashes' added to them which is making people think Smeagle however that could be a quest reward rather than your research breakthrough

If they kept going in order the next thing would be Kyogre / Groudon / Rayquazza but i'd expect Ray to be back as a raid boss first (with the chance of a shiny) - they could bore everyone silly and give out the Regis ?

Oh, looks like Smeargle is one of the 3 I'm missing from Johto. Had no idea Niantic was still witholding gen 2. Fuckers.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Hatched a perfect Munchlax. Now to decide whether I evolve it immediately or wait to see if Niantic decides to add some exclusive move at some point in the future...

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing these pretty much every day, so I guess at this point I've had a dozen dice rolls. I was missing Lugia, Moltres, and Zapdos, but I traded with my wife's account and now we are both just missing Zapdos. It's actually my last Kanto missing in my dex. Hopefully one of us will get it before this field research is over. If not, I'll try to be proactive about trading at the pokemon meetup I go to.
I hope it's an online meetup where you can prearrange your trades, because trading for a legendary or shiny you don't own costs you and the other person at minimum 800,000 stardust each if you haven't built up friendship levels first.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I hope it's an online meetup where you can prearrange your trades, because trading for a legendary you don't own costs you and the other person at minimum 800,000 stardust each if you haven't built up friendship levels first.

God dammit, I need to become friends with these guys. I see them regularly.

Edit:
Added 2 that have been playing continuously since day 1. I mentioned the latest batch of Sinnoh evolutions an hour after it was unlocked and one of these guys had already evolved every single one. Hopefully he is benevolent. I'm making a point to keep a few of each Legendary now for trading.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Got my first lucky Pokémon today, a 96% dratini and 87% Larvitar, so I'm happy. Would be even happier if all my Spoink checking and catching got rewarded, but there's only one more day. Maybe tomorrow.

My viewing distance is back to where it was months ago now, so I don't see the extra gyms and stops I saw a while ago. Easy come easy go I guess.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Requiring a Sinnoh stone for evolution this community day is going to suck.

Just cheese through pvp battles 5 times on Saturday. If you make an effort to choose shit pokemon and 1 person doesn't fight back or block, probably takes 10 minutes total for all 5 rounds. That's 5 stones. I usually only choose the top 3 anyway.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The wording in the in-game announcement is "up to 10", then cites the 5 each bullet points right below.

Also frequently missed: it says that you can get 5 rewards from trainer battles (up from 3) throughout the weekend.

The fact these are two separate items in the announcement suggests to me the up to 10 thing has to actually be done in the 3 hour window.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting on 5 stones right now, with 7 remaining evolutions unclaimed in my Pokedex plus the upcoming Mamoswine. If there are really 10 guaranteed this weekend, that'll be easy and let me have a healthy dose of extras for the future and for second evolutions (like more Rhyperiors and Roserades).

I'm also content with Mamoswine's special move not being anything too important. I'll evolve one shiny on the day and then can wait to do others when they're useful for raids. Then I can still hope for better Swinubs to evolve than the two 91% 15 attack ones I have.

Updates rolling out now that fixes the distance you can see.
Just updated to today's patch on iOS. My distance is now even FARTHER than it was after the big change a month ago. I've gone from 3 -> 9 -> 3 -> 11 gyms. Shit's crazy, but I definitely like today's update.

I could go for some new special research too.
Maybe for Smeargle?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Searched for some tweets, looks like those team leader battles are seperate, I had no idea:

6BKWNs7.png

So this already applies in the hours before community day, so get those battles in before the event actually starts to get 10 stones.

"Good question trainer!" lol Man if you guys were actually transparant in your wording people wouldn't need to decipher a post

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Just updated to today's patch on iOS. My distance is now even FARTHER than it was after the big change a month ago. I've gone from 3 -> 9 -> 3 -> 11 gyms. Shit's crazy, but I definitely like today's update.

Nothing has changed on Android. We got maybe 0.1-0.2 km extra view weeks back. It was never rolled back or extended.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing has changed on Android. We got maybe 0.1-0.2 km extra view weeks back. It was never rolled back or extended.
Not correct. I've definitely noticed the rollout and rollback. I don't think the re-rollout update has been pushed to my account, and I'm not one to sideload the new APK like some do.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
If we truly get 10 guaranteed I will be very, very happy.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Not correct. I've definitely noticed the rollout and rollback. I don't think the re-rollout update has been pushed to my account, and I'm not one to sideload the new APK like some do.

Eh, I guess I'm not noticing it. There's a neighborhood gym about 0.7 km away from my house. I would never see it unless my GPS drifted heavily, and for the last several weeks I've seen it.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
If we truly get 10 guaranteed I will be very, very happy.

The way I'm parsing their statement, you can do the following -

1. Battle 10 times; 5 with AI, 5 with friends
2. Regardless of how you battle, 5 stones are guaranteed by way of your first 5 battles awarding them
3. The remaining 5 battles have standard rates, thus ensuring everyone is guaranteed 5, some might get 6 or 7, and some very rare people will obtain 10

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The way I'm parsing their statement, you can do the following -

1. Battle 10 times; 5 with AI, 5 with friends
2. Regardless of how you battle, 5 stones are guaranteed by way of your first 5 battles awarding them
3. The remaining 5 battles have standard rates, thus ensuring everyone is guaranteed 5, some might get 6 or 7, and some very rare people will obtain 10
I'm reading it the same way. Just have my fingers crossed we get the maximum possible :) They aren't super clear on this.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading it the same way. Just have my fingers crossed we get the maximum possible :) They aren't super clear on this.

They never are.

I don't think it was the first instance I learned this lesson, but I distinctly remember waiting for user-confirmations of things during last year's Mareep community day. I think that was the first to have incubators become more effective. I had a huge batch of 10km eggs and figured by the announcement's wording that we could do start incubating any time that day.

Nope, just during the three-hour window.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I have 8 Sinnoh stones in my main account atm.

Not sure how many Mamoswines I'll need.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
They never are.

I don't think it was the first instance I learned this lesson, but I distinctly remember waiting for user-confirmations of things during last year's Mareep community day. I think that was the first to have incubators become more effective. I had a huge batch of 10km eggs and figured by the announcement's wording that we could do start incubating any time that day.

Nope, just during the three-hour window.

I'll wait to hear exactly what's going on that day on the forums before I do any pvp just in case.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
This Community Day will be pretty relaxing won't it. 10 guaranteed stones throughout the day, just do 'em real quick after waking up. The CD move isn't part of Mamo's best moveset, so it's better to evolve a "dream" team later on. Plus, this'll be the first CD where I already have a ton of candy (700+). I've already got 5 or 6 evos in the chamber.

Now I just need to get a second phone before the weekend so I can play my two accounts in tandem.

Meanwhile, this Machop nest in town has kinda been like a Community Day in itself. Each visit gives me around 8 or 10 captures. From last Friday, I've caught more than 100 of 'em on my main account, and maybe 50 on my second.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I have a question for you guys about trading... When trades happen the IVs for the Pokemon get re-rolled, but if I receive a Pokemon that now has IVs of 81%+ is it guaranteed to be lucky? What if re-rolls on both sides are 81%+; does this trigger both Pokemon to become lucky? Or is the Lucky status rolled independently from IVs?

Also, level scaling happens when trading, too, doesn't it? So if my Lvl 38 account trades an L35 down to my Lvl 23 account, is that L35 gonna become an L25?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Adventure Sync turns itself off now when you switch accounts, wonder if that's a bug or if they're trying to combat multi-accounters.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Apparently Adventure Sync turns itself off now when you switch accounts, wonder if that's a bug or if they're trying to combat multi-accounters.
When changing account, I noticed that all the settings are back to default, like the camera, battery saver, and email options. I haven't checked, but I wonder if this happens if you simply log out and back in.

Did this not used to happen? I was thinking about it the other day, and the settings are probably the only thing actually stored locally on the phone. All other account details have got to stored server-side, since you have friends lists and can see those details on other people. Pogo is probably designed for a single account, so when settings are stored, there probably isn't a user attached to them. They probably set everything to default upon Sign Out. Adventure Sync is off by default.

Or... this could be a way to prevent multiple accounts from using the same pedometer mileage.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question for you guys about trading... When trades happen the IVs for the Pokemon get re-rolled, but if I receive a Pokemon that now has IVs of 81%+ is it guaranteed to be lucky? What if re-rolls on both sides are 81%+; does this trigger both Pokemon to become lucky? Or is the Lucky status rolled independently from IVs?

Also, level scaling happens when trading, too, doesn't it? So if my Lvl 38 account trades an L35 down to my Lvl 23 account, is that L35 gonna become an L25?
It first rolls for lucky, then for iv. And yes, it scales down.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
When changing account, I noticed that all the settings are back to default, like the camera, battery saver, and email options. I haven't checked, but I wonder if this happens if you simply log out and back in.

Did this not used to happen? I was thinking about it the other day, and the settings are probably the only thing actually stored locally on the phone. All other account details have got to stored server-side, since you have friends lists and can see those details on other people. Pogo is probably designed for a single account, so when settings are stored, there probably isn't a user attached to them. They probably set everything to default upon Sign Out. Adventure Sync is off by default.

Or... this could be a way to prevent multiple accounts from using the same pedometer mileage.
It always reset camera and sound settings, but I don't believe it reset adventure sync before, but I could be wrong.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
This Community Day will be pretty relaxing won't it. 10 guaranteed stones throughout the day, just do 'em real quick after waking up. The CD move isn't part of Mamo's best moveset, so it's better to evolve a "dream" team later on. Plus, this'll be the first CD where I already have a ton of candy (700+). I've already got 5 or 6 evos in the chamber.

Yeah, I have 4 90+ Swinub/piloswine to evolve. And 3300 candy. Should be a chilled day.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination

I noticed this too once I missed my 50km egg on Monday - had apparently only done 33km when my pedometer was saying otherwise.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Did you walk 7km before the Adventure Sync reward?

Nope, all 13k after. The 6k that's registered is probably all while I had the game open, so the rest hasn't synced, despite me being logged into Google Fit, adventure sync on etc. Really disappointing, I wanted to make this the first week I hit 50k but it's not gonna happen now.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
An AR playground mode is coming: https://pokemongolive.com/post/go-snapshot-announce

Introducing GO Snapshot—an easy way to take a photo of any Pokémon you have in your Pokémon Storage! You can find the feature when looking at a specific Pokémon or accessing the camera in your Bag of items.

It's simple to use. Select a Pokémon and tap on the screen to throw its Poké Ball to that spot. Once your Pokémon is situated in the ideal spot, you can then move around it to find the best angle for your photo. Is your Pokémon distracted or looking the wrong way? Brush across it to get its attention, and it will be sure to face you.

Status
Not open for further replies.