• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Nope, all 13k after. The 6k that's registered is probably all while I had the game open, so the rest hasn't synced, despite me being logged into Google Fit, adventure sync on etc. Really disappointing, I wanted to make this the first week I hit 50k but it's not gonna happen now.

Was the app suspended or closed? I suspect that if the app is suspended that it'll prefer GPS over steps, but I'm really not sure how it works.

I've had periods where I'm clearly not getting the distance I go. But usually if the app is closed and I'm walking, even on a treadmill, it gets most of the distance.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Latest update has a pretty nasty bug for me, at least on community day. Every time I open potions to apply 50% of the time the app freezes.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
GO_Snapshot_5.jpg

People are going to take some amazing shots with this

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Gallade is the only Sinnoh Stone evo I don't have right now.

I kinda went crazy powering-up Gardevoirs and used all my Ralts candy.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Gallade is the only Sinnoh Stone evo I don't have right now.

I kinda went crazy powering-up Gardevoirs and used all my Ralts candy.

Same. I've just buddied my male Kirlia renamed as Gallade so I don't forget. ~67 candies to go. I'll probably get 15-20 rares on community day by raiding 5* 4-5 times. For some reason it allows evolving male Kirlia to the female 3rd stage evolution so I'm paranoid as fuck of doing that by accident....ralts is so rare in the wild. I'm constantly checking 2* raids for Kirlia.

Actually the only other pokemon period I can evolve with more candy is combee. I have 33 candies...I'll probably get it to 50 in the next 2 weeks by catching. I haven't caught any of the other 3 new wild ones yet though.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to open a Mystery Box during this event and no shiny Meltan nor any good ones.

Same. I've just buddied my male Kirlia renamed as Gallade so I don't forget. ~67 candies to go. I'll probably get 15-20 rares on community day by raiding 5* 4-5 times. For some reason it allows evolving male Kirlia to the female 3rd stage evolution so I'm paranoid as fuck of doing that by accident....ralts is so rare in the wild. I'm constantly checking 2* raids for Kirlia.
That's how it works in the core games. Males simply have the option to evolve differently if exposed to a certain stone.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Meltan is a weird exception. It's exactly like an Event Pokemon in implementation, except all the message boxes say Mythical instead of Event.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Three weeks of suffering with the legendary beasts in Breakthrough, and now I get a FUCKING HO-OH SHINY! XD

Well in a span of a week, my shiny luck kicked in a little. XD Shiny Ho-Oh is actually really beautiful looking.

Edit: Also better than the regular Ho-Oh I got too, so that even more nice.

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Somehow I was able to get 2 shiny piggies through this event. Both were through my gotcha so I didn't even realize until later.

I made it to the friends part of Celebi on my second account, so I'll add a few of you guys from the Google Doc tomorrow. Not sure how diligent I'll be with presents, but I'll do my best. Both Meltan and Mew questlines are stuck on Ditto. Hopefully I can get Celebi there before I find one.

The Valentines day event should start tomorrow, yeah? 1 day of normalcy then back to the irregular boosted spawns. Let's go Chansey!

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
so I have a question about the CD stones.

Is it only during the 3 hr window of the even that our chances are boosted?
for the 5 pvp stones, can we battle the same person or does it have to be different people

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
so I have a question about the CD stones.

Is it only during the 3 hr window of the even that our chances are boosted?
for the 5 pvp stones, can we battle the same person or does it have to be different people
Likely you can battle the same person five times, but we're simply not going to know until Europe has their event.

We usually predesignate who will lose and set up that person with an absurdly low CP team so the battles go as fast as possible. It's fun watching Pikachu spawn from a faceplanted position (since the battle resumes shortly before the Pokeball throwing animation starts, 2nd and 3rd Pokemon can faint before they even come on screen).

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
My girlfriend and I (in Florida if you care about distance trades), and my friend in Scotland are seeking new friends, if you wouldn't mind adding us!

Here are our friend codes, respectively:

6834 8359 5714
3870 7836 7605
7413 3859 0325

Thanks so much!!!

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
PcleBdb.jpg

https://www.pokemongolive.com/en/post/valentinesday2019/
Trainers,

Gather up Poké Balls and turn on Adventure Sync—the Pokémon GO Valentine's Day Celebration features Pokémon that are pink! Beginning February 13 at 1 p.m. PST, Pokémon such as Clefairy, Hoppip, and Luvdisc will appear more frequently in the wild. Check out more details below:

Date + Time
  • Feb. 13, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT -8) to Feb. 21, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT -8)
Features
  • Pink Pokémon such as Clefairy, Hoppip, and Luvdisc will appear more frequently in the wild!
  • Certain pink Pokémon will hatch more frequently from 7 km Eggs!
  • Pink Pokémon such as Chansey and Porygon will appear more frequently in Raid Battles!
Bonuses
  • Lure Modules will last six hours for the duration of the event.
  • 2× Catch Candy
Let's spread the love and enjoy special Valentine's Day Celebration bonuses! Stay safe, and happy exploring!
2x catch candy for Swinub will be nice. Otherwise...

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
"Yay, the event is over maybe something new will show up"

Niantic: "Not so fast. Fuckayou here's a bunch of useless luvdisks, Clefairy, and Hoppips until the 21st. Also go fuck yourself".

";("

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Chansey raids though might be nice to get more candies. Wonder how many skulls. Watch it be an ever so slightly too hard *** raid to solo.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohhh, double catch candy! Machamp and Tyranitar raids with Pinaps will net 40 candy!

Also, holy crap! With the new update I can see WAY further! It's weird to wake up, look at my phone in bed and see 5 ongoing raids when I could previously only see 4 gyms. The most amount of ongoing raids I've been able to see at once had been 12. I wonder how high it can go downtown now. :)

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Ohhh, double catch candy! Machamp and Tyranitar raids with Pinaps will net 40 candy!

Also, holy crap! With the new update I can see WAY further! It's weird to wake up, look at my phone in bed and see 5 ongoing raids when I could previously only see 4 gyms. The most amount of ongoing raids I've been able to see at once had been 12. I wonder how high it can go downtown now. :)

Is the view distance update bound to certain device? I swear it hasn't changed on my galaxy s8 in weeks.

Wife is working late so I'm gonna drive around looking for kirlia raids for that sweet sweet 20 ralts candies.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Got a kirlia already but I swear its catch rate is harder. I switched to golden razzes once I got to 5 balls and still is orangish red. Caught but only had 1 to spare, nice curveballs too. No free lunch in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.