• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
There's a lot to be desired with raids. Yet another example: my neighborhood and nearby suburban gyms are 5* raids half of the time. I've never ever seen anyone go to these. They should be able to tell from statistics that 5* raids at these gyms are a waste of time.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Other details from Silph Road:
We've reached out to Niantic for confirmation about some of the more fine grained logistics of the event, so our travelers can plan ahead (and spread the word to their raid groups). Here's a few more details:
  1. This is very literally an "experiment" - they seem curious to see how it goes and what they can learn from it. (Which is awesome to see happening). We expect to see changes to the format and balance if they continue Lunch Hour in the future.
  2. Currently the plan seems to be to have Raid Eggs spawning on ALL gyms during Lunch Hour (which may change, but it seemed doubtful to us)
  3. Egg hatching timers will be 10 minutes during Lunch Hour
  4. Raid bosses will last 1 hour
  5. For this first Lunch Hour, bosses will be Legendary-only (ie, Dialga only)

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot to be desired with raids. Yet another example: my neighborhood and nearby suburban gyms are 5* raids half of the time. I've never ever seen anyone go to these. They should be able to tell from statistics that 5* raids at these gyms are a waste of time.

I've been wondering about this a LOT recently, as not far from my house there's a little crop of 5 gyms, all about one block from another, that routinely have 5* raids and I have never seen a single person at them. The nearest Facebook group I somehow stumbled onto doesn't even bother.

So why are those gyms getting such high-level raids? Shouldn't there be an algorithm working somewhere to pinpoint and automatically sort raids by engagement metrics?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Okay I actually like this. I can try diagla a few times on a weekday. There's 2 gyms at my office and tons of people play and I'm near the domain in north austin.

Diagla is base catch rate of 2%, so golden razz and nice curveballs is like 7% so nearly 20 balls needed to have very likely odds of getting it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna get my research breakthrough after midnight. I don't have any of the legendaries of this month besides the dogs, and after getting 3 Zapdos in a row last month, I swear, if I don't get something new I will delete this game from my life

:(
Update: I got a Raikou. Even the one with the same type as Zapdos
I am broken

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling the gym cool down time from the lunch time raids is going to kill my 1:30-3:00 raiding window.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
The perpetually cloudy British weather is at least good for a constant supply of juicy, boosted Machops.

Jun 20, 2018
With the images coming through on my raid group chat in the first hour of the battle showdown it seemed like the shiny rate had to have been boosted, but in my experience it's definitely not. I'm not really a shiny hunter. I was desperate for a charmander as it's one of my favourites, and this Machop is probably only the second I've really, really wanted because of how much I use Machamps. Over 250 encountered so far, no shiny. Back out to the grind...

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
With the images coming through on my raid group chat in the first hour of the battle showdown it seemed like the shiny rate had to have been boosted, but in my experience it's definitely not. I'm not really a shiny hunter. I was desperate for a charmander as it's one of my favourites, and this Machop is probably only the second I've really, really wanted because of how much I use Machamps. Over 250 encountered so far, no shiny. Back out to the grind...
Rates are definitely not boosted. People are just getting lucky.

Took me about 460 checks before finding a shiny Machop. About 65 checks for my first shiny Mankey.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Let's see... I drove around for about an hour today spinning stop after stop looking for some Charge TMs. I eventually get 2 quests for it. I battle at a gym and collect my rewards. Spend one on a Rock Slide Machamp, Heavy Slam... Spend the next one again, Rock Slide.

Fucking waste of time.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
^^ I need a few charge TMs for my mamos for ray, not looking forward to the constant stone edge/bulldoze lol

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
The way TMs work right now is one of the absolute worst things about the game. I expect they will fix it at some point, but who knows when that will be. I'm trying to hold off on using TMs until then anyway.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The way TMs work right now is one of the absolute worst things about the game. I expect they will fix it at some point, but who knows when that will be. I'm trying to hold off on using TMs until then anyway.
It's especially annoying when a Pokemon has a large move pool. Trying to get Dynamic Punch on my shiny Machamp and just alternate between two other moves. It's infuriating when Charged TM's are so scarce.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't expect them to fix it :/

In fact, I expect them to capitalize on it. TM's for real money eventually?

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I really don't expect them to fix it :/

In fact, I expect them to capitalize on it. TM's for real money eventually?

I agree that they wont fix it but i think selling TM's is probably a step too far for them - i think you'll just see the chance to get TM's from other things increase slightly to offset the crappy behaviour (as they have done now with TM's from trainer battles or from some quests)

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got a shiny Machop!

And still very excited about OSM being updated. Which they would do a visual update.

Also, now have 32 approved portals. 31 of which are pokestops or gyms.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I can now solo dolphan. Also my employer now has 3 gyms, lunch hour if permanent may get me in the office more often. Going to check my other spot shortly.

Correction: I can solo dolphan when raining. I need to power up gyrados, Feraligatr, and Mamoswine to 90% and I should be able to do it regardless of weather.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I found a shiny Mankey! First of the event. I also ran into a Cranidos, finally, 82 IV too. I have like 250 rare candies, tempting to just evolve him now.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Let's see... I drove around for about an hour today spinning stop after stop looking for some Charge TMs. I eventually get 2 quests for it. I battle at a gym and collect my rewards. Spend one on a Rock Slide Machamp, Heavy Slam... Spend the next one again, Rock Slide.

Fucking waste of time.
I love rock slide machamp!
Well, when paired with dynamic punch. Less switching of mons when I smash gyms is such a luxury

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I randomly hopped on my first Giagla raid. It's close, but still you have to throw a bit further than you'd think. I only had 7 balls...that' 2% base catch rate is a bitch. Fortunately that lunch hour thing means I can try 2-3 times per day starting on the 13th without any issue. And the rare candies are sorely needed to power up my solo raid 3 mons.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I randomly hopped on my first Giagla raid. It's close, but still you have to throw a bit further than you'd think. I only had 7 balls...that' 2% base catch rate is a bitch. Fortunately that lunch hour thing means I can try 2-3 times per day starting on the 13th without any issue. And the rare candies are sorely needed to power up my solo raid 3 mons.
Your first what?

I don't think the Legendary Lunch Hour is a recurring thing yet. Only on the 13th so far.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Got a 4th shiny Kabuto.

And a 4th shiny Makuhita but my first of the event.

So I've gotten at least one shiny of the four fighting types this event. Just really want more shiny Machop though.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing shiny, but I got my second 100% and second 98% in the Machop line today. That's crazy.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The charge moves not showing up on SE has been fixed, even the numbers are back. Also glad for the new search filters, glad they continue to expand on that feature. Now they just need to build it into the UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.