• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Are you gold in dragon or steel? That adds a 1.3x catch bonus. And if you have gotten the excellent throw down, you're looking at a 20% catch rate (2%*2.5*1.7*1.3*1.8).

I wonder, does a second gold medal add to that bonus again? Because I'm still not gold on Dragon, just about 10 catches left. Would've gotten that long ago if I was playing when it was Dratini comm. day.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder, does a second gold medal add to that bonus again? Because I'm still not gold on Dragon, just about 10 catches left. Would've gotten that long ago if I was playing when it was Dratini comm. day.
It's averaged I believe. What also helps are friendship bonuses, gym same team bonus, total individual damage and total team damage.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
As usual, I spent some time driving around with the Gotcha on, spinning stops, looking for research tasks. I got home and went through inventory and traded stuff with my second account. Somewhere along the line, I picked up a Shiny Meditite, so that's cool.

My second account has a lot of high IV Machamps now. 1 98%, 3 96% (2 lucky), and a 93% lucky. Just need to get a butt-load of Charge TMs to get Dynamic Punch, and also a butt load of candy to power them up. Once I have a DP squad powered up, and I can start trying to duo Ttar raids.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Finally caught Diaglia. After having horrible luck finding a T5 raid in my usual spots I went to a random church and a discord group showed up. Followed them to a couple of spots and caught him. I'll need to get discord...these guys play so much after seeing it was only 2200 CP they didn't even bother trying to catch it.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I am thinking of quitting doing non shiny T5 raids. Creselia, Heatran, Dialga, Latias, Kyogre and today Palkia. I all encountered boosted 100% ones and every time I encounter one I get so nervous that I mess it up. It really sucks every time I faill to catch one.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
X3mFpeE.jpg
Did you mix Palkia and Dialga up?

Yeah, sorry. It was a Dialga:

robox

Nov 10, 2017
I am thinking of quitting doing non shiny T5 raids. Creselia, Heatran, Dialga, Latias, Kyogre and today Palkia. I all encountered boosted 100% ones and every time I encounter one I get so nervous that I mess it up. It really sucks every time I faill to catch one.
are you using circle lock? i tell everyone who has trouble with catching to good look it up. it got me an 80% catch rate. would be more if didn't sometimes gamble with pinap berries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSlVU55M1o

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Someone just showed a screenshot of the game (presumably an update that isn't fully pushed yet) showing 20 Spinda forms now (with the heart pattern retroactively labeled #9). I guess they won't be cycling through old forms anytime soon.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Someone just showed a screenshot of the game (presumably an update that isn't fully pushed yet) showing 20 Spinda forms now (with the heart pattern retroactively labeled #9). I guess they won't be cycling through old forms anytime soon.
That patch is out on iOS at least. I wish they'd just release them all and make it so that you encountered a random Spinda upon completing a quest. That'd be more fun, in my mind.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Do you use the friend system to get extra balls? Nowadays I have a good chance of having someone at ultra level joining the raids and that adds some balls. Even with 10 balls or so Dialga is pretty easy to catch since he's so close. I've done 10 and only one ran out on me. Big difference compared to Kyogre or Latias where I had 50% ish.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I started tracking my shiny encounters at the start of this event and I'm up to 861 total encounters without a shiny now. Probably over 900 encounters total since my last shiny, which was a couple days prior to the event starting.

I'm going to keep tracking my numbers going forward. Given enough time and encounters, my shiny rate should average out to the 1/450 wild rate. But it will be interesting to see how long that will take.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I was thinking about the lunch event next week, which is something I should be excited for since I always play during lunch break, but the weakness in it is the guaranteed Dialga spawn. Would be great if that was a raid 'happy hour' and they just did random T5's across all gens for that hour. I don't think I'll see a difference in my local community since even the Dialga raids are already dying down. This is probably most effective in big cities where you don't have to coordinate and there'll be enough people joining anyway.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Dialga raids have been absolutely dead round here, even when they've been weather boosted 99% of the time. I'm looking forward to the lunch hour thing but same as you, I don't think there'll particularly be more people doing them.

I got a shiny mankey on my alt and a shiny caterpie on my main, big shout out to my gotcha

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Some of the problems with the Dialga raids right now :

We've just had a month of a strong dragon so even newbies have a good dragon team now

If you have spare passes your probably saving them for Rayquazza as its a better dragon (why waste a paid pass now for a lower powered dragon)

The *massive* difference on damage depending on its moveset - the first one I did with a small group and we were not prepared - everyone had 1 team setup - they all died very very quickly and we mostly went with defaults or at least some basic fighters for the B team - it wiped them out and most of us went onto the C team to finish it (still okay on time but 14 / 15 revives and potions needed) so for the next one we were all prepared with solid B teams and C teams ready and it did not take out more than about 3 of our A teams

There was also a group of 5 on our whatsapp who failed one the other day (no one nearby to come help out) - if its got the wrong moveset then its a real pain to do (yes I've now done another Dragon one and even a weather boosted one and its much easier with a good chosen B team but it still can be brutal which means that people are wary of trying them if they do not have a big group)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
"Currently the plan seems to be to have Raid Eggs spawning on ALL gyms during Lunch Hour (which may change, but it seemed doubtful to us)"

Hmm that does make it more interesting. If you pop a lucky egg it could be good for some quick xp. It's pretty easy to find 3 to 4 gyms within walking distance so I hope I'll find enough players wednesday.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Well, got lucky and the gym outside my son's dojo had a Dialga raid during his karate session and there were actually people doing it so I got Dialga. Otherwise I haven't gotten a single shiny machop or mankey and I've clicked soooo damn many. Yesterday went on a 10k walk still didn't get one

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
"Currently the plan seems to be to have Raid Eggs spawning on ALL gyms during Lunch Hour (which may change, but it seemed doubtful to us)"

Hmm that does make it more interesting. If you pop a lucky egg it could be good for some quick xp. It's pretty easy to find 3 to 4 gyms within walking distance so I hope I'll find enough players wednesday.

Once you hit level 33, you really stop paying attention to xp. Just have 20 friends your leveling up at a time and the xp just happens.

But what you said but rare candies and stardust for sure.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Only 2 days left for the Fighting event. I've done a good job racking up Machop candy on my second account, but there can always be more.

The event has probably yielded me 20 additional rare candies so I'm pretty happy with it. My mewtwo is now at 3200 CP and with some other psychic mons I can solo all the 3T fighter mons.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah definitely not true about caring about xp , but I thinks he's coming from the point of view that level 33 gives you access to level 35 wild spawns.
Admittedly I find it hard to relate to how much easier it is to gobble up huge amounts of XP for relatively little effort these days. I wasn't connected enough with the community to know of the bubble gym strat way back, so a huge majority of my pre-35 or so XP is literally clawed and grasped from optimizing throw bonuses and min-maxing lucky egg use with a combination of mass evolving and egg hatching. Friend bonuses and T5 raids have certainly changed the game a lot.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
XP gain these days is insane. I got over 6m XP last month alone. I'm going to hit 40x2 soon; it took me over 2 years to hit 40 and will end up only taking me about 8 months to hit 40x2.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
still no shinies but got a hundo mankey! one day left, gonna iv check every meditate i get. it's a tank in pvp.
my friend taunted me with a hundo dialga, to go with his hundo palkia. 4 hundo legendaries to my 1. so i tallied my legendaries by iv.
100: 1
98: 17
96: 18
93: 19
these stats seems kinda screwed up... can't remember if any high iv's ran. any such regret would surely have been imprinted in my mind.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017

Chuche

Feb 24, 2019
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went walking for 5 miles on Saturday. Caught so many Machops. Now have almost 3,000 candies. Can never have too many.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
What do you all think of the Wizards Unite reveal? https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...go-follow-up-niantic-wants-to-run-for-decades

Anyone planning to switch to that game from Pokemon Go? It might be difficult to play both at the same time, although I will probably try, lol.

My response from the reveal thread:

So it's more complex than Pokemon Go, and also has less instant gratification. I'm not sure how this could have been done better given the source material, but it's going to be hard to excite people to collect things to fill pages and pictures of a book in the same way that Pokemon Go excited players to catch actual creatures to power up and use in battle.

That said, as an active level 40 PoGo player who frequents Disney World and Universal Studios, I'll no doubt get into it and milk it for all its worth as I jump between both apps in the parks, but I'm interested to see how they keep me hooked.

In Pokemon Go, I'm all about the shinies. I walked over 60km in the game during Latias week to get my shiny version after using 25 raid passes to get one, and I'm wondering what about Wizards Unite will entice me to do something comparable.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah I'll try out Harry Potter but I can't see myself abandoning Pokemon GO at this point. Maybe I'll have my Gotcha going while I actively play Harry Potter.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Feels like I've been stuck at 33 for months now.

That's why you have to have about 30 active friends so that on average you make progress on friend leveling on 15 on average. If they are on re, you can coordinate eggs for level 4 friends, so basically you are looking at 270k exp per friend over months. That's what I've been doing for 6 months and I went from 30 to 39.

If I can't find the person on here and they sent a gift that would hit max friends, I pop an egg, send a gift. And about 25 minutes later open. At least they have a chance to buff, albeit unlikely.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Add bunch of friends. Pop Gifts when you hit Ultra and again at Best. Likely to hit those with combined with others, making massive XP boosts.

I don't really raid too much, I do catch a lot and hatch though. but with friends, I've gained almost another 20 million XP in the last year. I'm almost at 2X lv40

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I suppose if I can play Pokemon Go with 2 accounts, I could play Go and Potter.

But I never got into Harry Potter as a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.