• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Man, my shiny luck this event has been absolutely horrendous. I'm up to 1200 encounters without a shiny now. Assuming my math is right, there's a less than 7% chance of that happening.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The double stardust should be the normal rate. It's so much fun to actually get a decent flow of dust coming in. I can save a bunch and still power up in between. The regular amount will feel like peanuts again.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Still no shiny of any of the fighters.

The double stardust should be the normal rate. It's so much fun to actually get a decent flow of dust coming in. I can save a bunch and still power up in between. The regular amount will feel like peanuts again.
Word. It's enough that you don't mind spending it a little frivolously rather than only on the most efficient raid attackers.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Just caught shiny Rattata #5 and shiny Mankey #4 within 2 minutes of each other.

Screenshot_20190311-230857_Pokmon_GO.jpg

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
What are the rules about healing Gym defenders while under attack? Is it prevented while the hosting gym is under attack or the specific mons? I've seen errors preventing me from healing but also I've seen people golden razz between a gym cycles.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Nah you should be able to heal when the gym is under attack, I golden razz often to piss people off. You can feed a pokemon 10 berries every 30 mins. The only thing you can't do is drop a pokemon into a gym when it's under attack - not sure on the specifics though, i.e. does a pokemon have to be knocked out of the gym to trigger it.

The only error I get with the berries is when I'm spamming them, the game can't keep up.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
You can add to a gym that's under attack as long as it wasn't full before the attack. Otherwise you have to wait 10 minutes.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
What are the rules about healing Gym defenders while under attack? Is it prevented while the hosting gym is under attack or the specific mons? I've seen errors preventing me from healing but also I've seen people golden razz between a gym cycles.
The limits are:
  • You can only feed a defender 10 berries within a half hour period.
  • You can only feed 10 unique defenders within a half hour period.
All periods are tracked separately starting from the first feeding. Whether the gym is under attack or not doesn't affect your ability to feed.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Shiny RNG hates me. Nothing during that whole event, but then I pull my 3rd Growlithe this afternoon. Thanks?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Hoping to get 3 Diagla raids tomorrow during lunch hour. RIP in pieces to my stockpile of 90 golden razzes and 100 max revives.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, wish I worked downtown or in an area that has raids. I have hatched a ton of 7k eggs and no Riolu or Budew :(

Anyone know what the "Make 2 Excellent throws in a row" Pokemon encounter is?

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Caught a Dialga today and got Regice from the research breakthrough yesterday. So it's been good. Sadly the near perfect Dialga got away after 7 Greats, 1 Excellent, and 1 Nice.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about the lunch raids and committed to something else, so I'll probably miss out. Oh well.

Yeah, but that is like a free shiny of your choice, if you can find a trade partner.

Too bad the game doesn't have remote trading or I would definitely be up for trading for a shiny Growlithe.
There's the rub, but yeah, could be useful some day.

I would hope they eventually add trading for best friends or something. That seems low in terms of potential for abuse.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I still have multiple Catch 5 Fighting Types quests unfinished. Hopefully it won't take too long to run into a few Machops now.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I can't wait for new players to mistake female Hippopotas and Hippowdon for Shiny :p

This will be fun haha

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
This is catastrophically stupidly planned.

4 of the 6 gyms by my work have eggs/raids at 15 minutes until 12. And new, basic eggs are still popping.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Reports are that if the regular egg ends during the hour a tier 5 egg pops up right after.

It's true.

Worked-out in the end. Did 4 raids, caught 3. Everything weather-boosted.

It's just rough on people trying to plan their lunch hour if the gym you were going to meet at changes to a 2-star egg just before you leave the office.

Ghost Rider

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how people get like 5-6 shiny Machops and stuff. I haven't gotten a single shiny anything. I've caught a ton of them too

On a side note, Cranidos seems to be boosted as I've seen a ton lately

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I wouldn't expect people to be out playing at noon unless you're around a college or a financial district with people who are at work.

This lunch hour thing was never going to work out the way Niantic thought it would.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I wouldn't expect people to be out playing at noon unless you're around a college or a financial district with people who are at work.

This lunch hour thing was never going to work out the way Niantic thought it would.

I think what killed it for me is the weather. It was storming until an hour ago, it's clear now but I think people assumed it would continue. Despite all of the restaurants out at the domain it's empty.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it was just another day in the office here. Our Discord does a good enough job at spotting and coordinating raids that getting three raids during lunch hour on any given day isn't particularly difficult. I wasn't even planning on doing much today, but got a ping from some usual raid buddies about a triple they were doing a block away from the office.

All this highlights is how abysmal it is to try to raid when you have absolutely no communication tools outside of the game itself - external communication tools being a de facto requirement to play is just not good design, period.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
They should bring-back random old 5* raids for the lunch time thing.

Not that exciting to just get Extra Dialgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.