• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
What do you guys think about throwaway accounts/2nd accounts for self trades on a 2nd screen? I've got so many pokemon I could use the trade candy for.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
What do you guys think about throwaway accounts/2nd accounts for self trades on a 2nd screen? I've got so many pokemon I could use the trade candy for.
I think the only problem people have with duo accounts is "gym blocking," which... I don't really understand, and is it even a thing anymore?

I think it's fine to have a second account. If you're already at close to max level and find yourself mostly bored with Pogo, duoing accounts can make the game fun again. There's so much to do in the early game now compared to 2 years ago. It doesn't really take as long to level up these days either, thanks to friends and raids. I started a second account almost 3 months ago, and it's closing in on level 33.

Having a second account for trading is great during community day. I got 7 lucky trades from the Bagon day. I have more than enough Sinnoh stones thanks to daily PVPs. Having a Ultra friend and eventually a best friend gets you more balls in raids too.

Really the funnest thing has been building teams to duo T4 raids. Once you get your second account high enough to raid, start doing Machamp raids and build a fight squad. Once your fight squad is strong enough, start taking down Tyranitars, and build a dark team to work towards Deoxys and the Lake Trio.

Oct 25, 2017
Bug(?) where I "catch" a pokemon and the game freezes has happened two more times. Once while I was sitting at home on my wifi. So I'm not exactly sure what is happening. Could be a phone issue honestly. Anyone else experience something like this?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I only got a shiny Absol when it was available as a quest reward for completing one excellent curveball throw. I grinded that quest to get a shiny. Then they removed it and never brought it back.

Got a shiny Mawile after like 30-40 tries.

I'm already like 40+ tries deep on a shiny Alolan Raichu with no luck. Not even sure how many Alolan Marowak I've done already.

I have to imagine that when we get to Gen 7, they will at some point allow us to evolve into Alolan forms.

I was lucky enough to get Shiny Alolan Marowak on my second try, and Shiny Alolan Raichu in my first 5 tries, but still have never seen a shiny Absol or Mawile in 20 attempts between them on my account and another 18 or so on my girlfriend's.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Really the funnest thing has been building teams to duo T4 raids. Once you get your second account high enough to raid, start doing Machamp raids and build a fight squad. Once your fight squad is strong enough, start taking down Tyranitars, and build a dark team to work towards Deoxys and the Lake Trio.

I ended up skipping the Machamps and Tyranitars in that process and went straight to Giratina/Deoxys/Lake Trio thanks to friends and local raid groups. I could really do with some Tyranitars tbh, but I rarely see raids for it. :/

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only problem people have with duo accounts is "gym blocking," which... I don't really understand, and is it even a thing anymore?
Yes? You should know given you've been to Japan.

There are only six spots available in a gym. Five or less if you're not the one taking it down. There's nothing more infuriating than some jackass who puts two or more accounts in a gym to hoard coins for himself. It just creates situations where people are incentivized to also create multi accounts to fuck other people over. It's against the spirit of Pokemon.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm catching a fuck ton of azelf not only for future trading but I'll use the rare candies on the best one to bolster my 3* solo army.

There's definitely a lot of people out playing but sometimes the raids are spotty.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Went to a park for a May the 4th event and all the Pokestops there were closed. They were still on the map but I couldn't spin them or interact with them at all. I have never seen that before.

I was kinda bummed because the park was a Scyther nest and I was planning on luring up a couple stops and seeing if I could bag a shiny.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Went to a park for a May the 4th event and all the Pokestops there were closed. They were still on the map but I couldn't spin them or interact with them at all. I have never seen that before.

I was kinda bummed because the park was a Scyther nest and I was planning on luring up a couple stops and seeing if I could bag a shiny.
That's a softban in effect. Pokestops can't be interacted with and all Pokemon flee.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, I caught stuff while I was there and I could see other stops that were open outside of the park. It was like the park asked Niantic to close down their Pokestops only, for some reason.

What time was it at? After the Milwaukee lawsuit, the resolution was Niantic implementing a park closing time system. At 9:00 pm all stops and gyms in Milwaukee county parks close. Other park systems have since had Niantic set up the same system.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017

There are only six spots available in a gym. Five or less if you're not the one taking it down. There's nothing more infuriating than some jackass who puts two or more accounts in a gym to hoard coins for himself. It just creates situations where people are incentivized to also create multi accounts to fuck other people over. It's against the spirit of Pokemon.

I've mostly given up with the local gyms, there's someone on my team that has about 10 different accounts with similar names that fills them, presumably remotely. Even if I was to take the gym, my pokemon gets magically bounced out within a couple of hours and then his or her accounts refill it and hold it for days.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan

It's so weird. In my Japanese town, players don't really seem to care about that at all. Probably because there are more than enough gyms to go around. (There's over 100 looking at my badge map.) If a gym is taken over, I haven't seen anyone rush in to try and take it back. Some gyms have a pretty high turnover, but those are pretty high trafficked areas with plenty of players stopping by throughout the day. The only real contention is building up to a raid. Some people try to flip it to their team for the extra balls. While others are razzin' Pokemon.

I hadn't heard of anyone boast of gym "ownership" until I went back to my hometown in the US and took over all the gyms in town (maybe 10 gyms?) just to get some badges. I was trying to connect with some of the local players through discord, and one of the guys was all like, "Well, now I'm not going to trade you my Heracross. Just try and take all those gyms back, and I have stack of 200 golden razzes." lol ok.

I think if players in my town just see a full gym, they just move on the next one. :shrugs:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about gym ownership. I care about selfish players who are ruining the game for others.

Taking over multiple gyms in a neighbourhood is well within the game's rules. It takes up your time for minimal rewards. The issue is when you put multiple accounts in a gym by yourself, thereby blocking people of your own team to possibly get some coins. Sure, they can go to another gym, but people who don't live in big cities often don't have that luxury. It takes time to travel and take down a gym. For a measly 50 cents it isn't quite worth the effort.

Multi accounts also get double the raid rewards, which means more golden razzes to defend with. I'm fine if you use your personal account to defend your gym; you've earned those golden razzes after all. It doesn't feel quite earned though for those who pull out multiple phones during raids. It's a grey area though admittedly. Catching it for someone else for dex completion is different than actually owning multiple accounts for your own benefit. The latter is a much worse offense in my opinion, unless you don't interact with gyms with your alts. People appreciate it if you help them complete raids.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't catch anything in my house, but the pocket of playable area a couple blocks away just expanded today. Another Pokestop was added today, and one of the existing Pokestops was upgraded to a gym. As far as I can tell, I'm the first person to notice or care - I saw it completely uncontested early this afternoon, and I've been defending it all day without anyone attacking it or joining me in defending it.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Detective Pikachu themed event starting tomorrow. https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/detective-pikachu-sleuths-into-pokemon-go/

Detective Pikachu is on the scene in Pokémon GO to celebrate the launch of the POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie. From Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to Friday, May 17, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT, look for Pikachu in a detective hat to start photobombing your GO Snapshot photos. And when it does, you'll have the chance to catch the Pokémon!

Also, look for increased encounters with prominent Pokémon from the movie, including Bulbasaur, Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Aipom, and Snubbull—and you might even find Shiny Aipom! And every Pokémon you catch in the wild—not just these stars of the screen—will earn you double XP!

You'll be able to participate in Raid Battles that challenge Pokémon featured in the film, as well as movie-inspired Field Research.

To top off the fun, movie-themed items will be available in the Style Shop, including a detective hat with Pikachu ears and a T-shirt featuring the POKÉMON Detective Pikachu logo.

Don't miss out on this limited-time celebration of POKÉMON Detective Pikachu, in theaters starting May 10.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I don't think adventure sync has been working for the past few days

Ended the week with 8.7km walked when I know I walked more than 8k at least 4 days last week

I have a samsung watch and samsung health on my phone

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping the movie would be an excuse for a new Special Research to spice things up.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I think one of the big things we need is a revamp for all of the Encounter Pokemon for Field Research. Do we really need Gastly, Onix and Grimer encounters still? I'd like to see some more with Ditto and some other rarer Pokemon like Porygon, Feebas etc.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I think one of the big things we need is a revamp for all of the Encounter Pokemon for Field Research. Do we really need Gastly, Onix and Grimer encounters still? I'd like to see some more with Ditto and some other rarer Pokemon like Porygon, Feebas etc.

I haven't seen a Gastly in the wild since I started playing this game some 30 or so days ago. :(

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still want a shiny Gastly and shiny Grimer, so yes please, lol. I think Onix is for the special research that needs to use a Metal Coat to evolve something.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
DetectivePika.jpg

I'll be traveling this week and I won't be able to play much, but this doesn't seem that remarkable outside of the usual shiny hunting. I will be clicking on every Kanto starter I see though, still need shinies there, even Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.