• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I get a lot of drifting when I'm connected through Wifi (or Bluetooth). Everything is fine and stable when using cellular data, but otherwise my dude starts moving around in more distant places.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
The UK is pretty small. We'll probably run into each other in Tesco.

While doing a random raid - oh I recognize that name :-)

FYI just dont expect anything great - I've done 2 lucky friends trades so far - first one was for a Mewtwo and we both got 91% the second one they wanted an Entei and got a 91 I wanted a Rayquazza and got an 84% :-(

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
New event, event less chances to catch Gen 4 Pokemon.
It's been a really wonderful release cycle Niantics, really. Amazing.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention Arcanine's rubbish anyway. Terrible task.

No shinies for me yet but I did manage to get a 100% Magikarp from a Psyduck task, so that was neat.

What? Arcanine is great

2500+ CP with great moveset and decent stamina?

Yeah sure there are plenty of better attackers but they are also harder to get outside of Flareon

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Silver linings for newer players is that if you hunt flareons you can easily nap one at very high CP with matching fire movesets. Also anyone needing Aipom candies to evolve, now is your chance.

But yeah it's boring as fuck.

I'm just in it for the XP tbh.

Got 450k XP today with the Go-tcha and tons of egg hatches.

Raid-wise it's incredibly dull with the event raids and the regional legendaries. Nobody wants to raid.

Bring back Mewtwo you cowards.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Detective Pikachu photobombed my snap but then it didn't appear on the map to catch it. I'm confused.

Mr. Furlong

Oct 27, 2017
This week I've had the best luck I've ever had in this game. On Tuesday I caught a shiny snubbull at work, and this was before the current event started. Wednesday morning at work was my first Flareon catch of the event and was perfect IVs without being weather boosted. Wednesday night walking my dog I found a shiny Bulbasaur, which is great because I wasn't playing during its CD. Thursday morning I opened my first new research box (opened my last one like 8 hours early and got a Suicune...) and got a shiny Lugia.

I tried pretty hard on Friday to keep my streak going and get a 4th shiny in a row, but couldn't find anything. I opened my phone up to show a co-worker my three day streak of shinies and what do you know - a shiny Wynaut hatched from a 7k egg.

I think I've used up all my good luck for a few months now.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Still haven't caught Mesprit on my main account. Will have to get that done before enthusiasm wanes.

Hope we get a legendary lunch hour soon.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Two of the folks in my town are headed to America for the first time for the Chicago Go Fest. They seem pretty nervous about it, because the stereotypical Japanese viewpoint of America is that it's a dangerous place. Also, they speak almost no English. But, their love of Pokemon will prevail.

It got me thinking though, anyone else here headed to ChicaGo Fest? Ya know, if you're coming from Europe, perhaps you could friend my Japanese pals, exchange gifts back and forth to become Ultra friends, and then exchange Mesprit and Uxie before taking on an Azelf raid in the US. Then you guys'll have all 3.

Though, I'm not sure what days they're going or where they'll be, but I can ask.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
I think it's been a literal year since I've made progress on that

How

I'd been sitting on 27 for a long time not ha I gotta F, which only spawned at an early event in Europe.

Someone form amsterdam posted on our local group looking to raid this weekend and I immediately asked if they had F. Turned out they needed Chatot.

I've been to a bunch of events where unown spawn (Let's Go! GDC PAX) which helped, but honestly going to New Zealand and bringing back loads of Relicanth shook a lot loose. I somehow got a Q for a shadow claw Gengar too.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping someone can help me with regards to Poke Genie or in general Pokemon Battle simulators.

I have a level 35.5 Giratina and its recommending a lower level weavile against things like Deoxys and Azelf. Even Scizor! Surely, a level 30.5 Weavile with Dark attacks isn't as good as a 35.5 Giratina with Ghost?

Any recommendations?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Hoping someone can help me with regards to Poke Genie or in general Pokemon Battle simulators.

I have a level 35.5 Giratina and its recommending a lower level weavile against things like Deoxys and Azelf. Even Scizor! Surely, a level 30.5 Weavile with Dark attacks isn't as good as a 35.5 Giratina with Ghost?

Any recommendations?

What's the Giratina's IVs like?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Have you updated the firmware? It's pretty straightforward once you do that.

On a different note, I hatched ANOTHER shiny today, this time Pichu. Yay.
Congrats on the barely noticeable shiny :P

I noticed 2 of my friends are currently in Germany/Spain right now. So I'm seeing if one of them can bring me an extra Mesprit.

Also my cousin is going to Israel next week so I'm hoping she can catch some Tropius while she's there.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

Any recommendations?
It's probably the difference between sorting between TDO (total damage output) or DPS (damage per second). Giratina would be way higher on the former, but maybe a little lower on the latter.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
That's weird. We're talking about Giratina-O right?
Correct.

This guy:

487Giratina-Origin.png

Status
Not open for further replies.