• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
So something for those who have a Galaxy phone...Pokemon Go got released onto the Samsung App Store.

Which means using Good Lock + Multistar, you can have 2 instances of the game running at the same time in split screen. Useful for those with multiple accounts and only 1 phone.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
So something for those who have a Galaxy phone...Pokemon Go got released onto the Samsung App Store.

Which means using Good Lock + Multistar, you can have 2 instances of the game running at the same time in split screen. Useful for those with multiple accounts and only 1 phone.

Also coins are much cheaper on the Galaxy store. I'm jelly.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Is Poke Genie up to date? Giratina O wasn't showing up at all for me when it was first released, but after an update it did.

Also, what DanGo mentioned, maybe PikeFenie thinks it's a Giratina A instead. Though, I don't think the CPs would line up with that.
It is. And it's probably the case or something. I wish I could export the stats more easily to check against another sim

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise

That's awesome! Might try it out on my raid helper that I haven't touched in months.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Have you updated the firmware? It's pretty straightforward once you do that.

On a different note, I hatched ANOTHER shiny today, this time Pichu. Yay.
It seems to be up to date. I must have gotten a defective one or something then. The "button" is unresponsive, it won't connect, the screen only stays on for fractions of a second, it disconnects quickly. Got it working once last night and never again. It literally just doesn't work. It doesn't help that it has pretty much literally no documentation and shit for feedback though.

I don't even know if it's charging since the charger setup is hilariously bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20190511-194531.png

I've been reviewing Pokestop Submissions for such a good amount of time this weekend that I actually finished off my queue and hit a wall. Ha!
If I wait like 10ish minutes, usually there are a few more to review.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
It seems to be up to date. I must have gotten a defective one or something then. The "button" is unresponsive, it won't connect, the screen only stays on for fractions of a second, it disconnects quickly. Got it working once last night and never again. It literally just doesn't work. It doesn't help that it has pretty much literally no documentation and shit for feedback though.

I don't even know if it's charging since the charger setup is hilariously bad.

Which OS are you on - in iOS mine does that if its lost connection with bluetooth the fix is go into *bluetooth* in settings on the phone and unpair the device - then go back into go and re-pair it again

That 'click on the button' and the screen comes up for a second and then vanishes is the normal symptoms of that

Nov 17, 2017
I missed out on shiny on the Bulbasaur community day, didn't find one during the repeat day in December and had no luck since - I'm determined to find one during this event, or I'll complain online.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I've been out catching a whole the last few days since I couldn't play for a few days, but zero shiny luck. I did catch a shiny Wynaut while I was on a trip but that's it. I have 4 total shiny hatches now: 2 Togepi, Budew and Wynaut.
I missed out on shiny on the Bulbasaur community day, didn't find one during the repeat day in December and had no luck since - I'm determined to find one during this event, or I'll complain online.
In the same boat, got one during the repeat comm day but I want more. Next to Aipom and Psyduck Bulba spawns the most here, but nothing yet.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I've been out catching a whole the last few days since I couldn't play for a few days, but zero shiny luck. I did catch a shiny Wynaut while I was on a trip but that's it. I have 4 total shiny hatches now: 2 Togepi, Budew and Wynaut.

In the same boat, got one during the repeat comm day but I want more. Next to Aipom and Psyduck Bulba spawns the most here, but nothing yet.
Same here. Aside from the shiny Lugia I got from the Research Breakthrough this morning, I haven't had any luck. Admittedly, I don't have as much motivation to catch shinies that don't have boosted shiny rates, so I haven't been as active as I was during the Earth Day event (though the shitty weather hasn't helped) but I've still checked a few hundred Aipoms for no results.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
How many shiny Magikarp do you guys have and how does that compare to your 'seen' stat?

I'm at 384 seen with 0 shiny. (Hrmm, 384 is not as high as I thought it'd be.) 4 luckies, though.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
How many shiny Magikarp do you guys have and how does that compare to your 'seen' stat?

I'm at 384 seen with 0 shiny. (Hrmm, 384 is not as high as I thought it'd be.) 4 luckies, though.

Fun thing: I've seen 354 Magikarp, but the first one I ever saw was during that first April Fool's event and it was shiny. Literally the first one. Never again. Thank god I give no shits about shiny objects.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017

237 seen. I snagged my first shiny when they were first launched, then evolved him for the Mew research, and just as I was begrudging not having a shiny Magikarp anymore, I found another one.

My luck is garbage otherwise.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got a shiny Aipom on my alt account.

But I also botched getting the eggs from the walking rewards this week.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017

For most things outside of an event with boosted rates its normally quoted as 1 out of every 400 or so will be shiny
I have 2 shiny Magikarp from 1454 seen (so I'm probably due another)

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
No shiny aipom so far, got a shiny psyduck though, I have legit checked 3x as many aipom too lol

why disable them when driving?

not sure about spinning but every time you go out of range when it's trying to catch a pokemon it counts as a fail, it melts through your balls if you're driving like 20+mph

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
3 shiny Magikarp out of 2063 seen.

Caught the first one on 23 March 2017, which was very close to when it was released I think.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have GO+ disabled for catching. Above all reasons, I usually don't keep reg pokeballs on me. I just use it for distance GPS & spinning stops

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Which OS are you on - in iOS mine does that if its lost connection with bluetooth the fix is go into *bluetooth* in settings on the phone and unpair the device - then go back into go and re-pair it again

That 'click on the button' and the screen comes up for a second and then vanishes is the normal symptoms of that
That fixed it, but it's back to disconnecting every few minutes. Oh well.

The catch rate on these things is stupid low anyway though. It's like 10:1 for fleeing with my Ball+. Maybe 12:1.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
3290 Magikarps, 2 shinies. But, probably at least 500 to 1000 are before shiny release. And then took me about 800 to get my 1st shiny. My last shiny was a little over a year ago.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
3 shiny Magikarp, 1021 seen. One of them was a research reward too

also haven't got a shiny Aipom yet, but have gotten a shiny Snubbull and another shiny Bulbasaur.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
305 magikarp, 1 shiny.

Still no event shiny even though I've been catching a lot in the last few days.

Shiny hatches though... Hatched a shiny Smoochum today. I've hatched 3 shinies in a month, one before this not even a week ago. It's not like I'm burning through incubators either.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Caught a surprise shiny Psyduck on my way home from work yesterday. One of my favourites amongst the currently released 'mon I think :D

72 still missing from the shiny dex but have a few trades lined up. No doubt more will be released before then.

Oct 25, 2017
Hatched a shiny Cubone yesterday. Believe that to be my first hatched shiny since I didn't hatch many eggs until Adventure Sync started.

As someone just out to complete the pokedex, shiny pokemon whenever I get them are always a really nice surprise.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Nice bug with lucky Pokémon, they all cost millions to power up now. They're gonna release a fix soon though. There has to be at least one person who accidentally spent million(s) though

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
How do they keep introducing so many bugs into their game?

Like, do they not have Unit tests? Do they not correctly merge branches when they add features? Working on this game has got to be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.