• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
So we expect a new gym to be created within the day and want to make sure it's a specific one - the only one with the potential to be an EX Raid gym. Apparently we can try to influence the gym selection by making sure the one we want to be a gym have the most photo likes. Is it possible for any Ingress account to like a portal without having been there?

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or are Community Days usually Saturdays? They're testing out Sunday this week?

Shame since I had factored it into my Saturday schedule but oh well I'll make due.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Man, I have barely played all week. There's really no motivation when I don't care about anything that's out there. Raid bosses blow. Weekly research blows. I really only care about Magikarp in research, but that'll go away soon.

I am excited for the CD this weekend. Though I've been building up candy for months, I really don't need to capture all that many.

In other news, looks like the APAC Pokémon Go Fest will be in Yokohama, Japan as part of the Pikachu outbreak.
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pika_event/en/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Early August, too. Perfect timing. I'm totally gonna try to go. :)

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

Blast Burn as the Community Day special move, and Blaze Kick as a permanent addition to the move pool.

My two perfects are ready. Happy I won't have to go out much since CD was moved to Sunday. Grab a couple shiny, farm some stardust, and drop out.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
My two hundo Blazikens, evolved long before Community Day was a thing, cry for their lost potential.

I have one more and a couple near-hundo ready but I'm still pretty annoyed. Also, the most recent hundo is almost minimum level.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I had no idea the comm day was sunday and not saturday. If I didn't get a pm from someone wanting to time a best friend egg then, I never would've known.

Still no event shiny, after tons of Aipom, Snubbull, Cubone and Bulba checks. Too bad, but them's the breaks.

Nov 17, 2017
Finally hatched my first shiny!

And it's a Treecko.

Which I have plenty of.

And it's only 74IV.

And I still haven't found a shiny Bulbasaur.

Fuck everything.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I don't prefer Sundays, but the silver lining is that traffic to downtown Austin should be minimal (unless there's an event I'm unaware of).

Oct 25, 2017
I already have a ton of Torchic candy so if I could get a quick shiny and maybe blow through some of my pinaps that would be great to get a couple really good Blaziken. Already have a 98% one that I can quickly evolve for the attack.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
lol I just wanted one more high IV Torchic for Sunday

Screenshot_20190515-171354.png

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Has the game been trash since the last update. I've had multiple times where I boot into the game and have 3-4 mins appear. All but 1 will error out and one I'll catch will disappear and reappear after catch.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has the game been trash since the last update. I've had multiple times where I boot into the game and have 3-4 mins appear. All but 1 will error out and one I'll catch will disappear and reappear after catch.

Yeah they've really fucked something up. All sorts of strange behaviors have been popping up.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's a buggy mess. I find that if you close the app and re-boot it, they'll respawn, and if you then play around in the menus for a minute or so, they won't error out once you select them.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed the error usually happens when I have the app open after the Pokémon would have changed after a while.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed the error usually happens when I have the app open after the Pokémon would have changed after a while.

That is what the error is supposed to show up for.

What's its doing now is opening the app fresh, a Pokémon spawns, error 25 Pokémon disappears. Restart and you can now catch that same Pokémon.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Caught another shiny Natu. That now makes 6. They just love me apparently! lol

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Sunday Community Day is fine, but finishing at 6pm is dangerously close to Monday.

How am I supposed to have my customary Post-CD binge?

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raidsonraidsonraids2019/

Raid week ending in Lapras raid day

Jump-start your summer with Extraordinary Raid Week!

Trainers,
Get ready for the summer with a special week of events! Prep your best teams, and get your Raid Passes ready for our upcoming Extraordinary Raid Week. To test your battle skills, we have a full week of exciting raids for you to show off your Trainer prowess.
Extraordinary Raid Week
Date + Time
  • Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)

Raids
  • ★: Machop, Slakoth, Shinx, Bronzor
  • ★★: Misdreavus, Kirlia, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, Bibarel
  • ★★★: Alolan Raichu, Chansey, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Floatzel
  • ★★★★: Alolan Marowak, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Absol, Metagross

Features
  • If you're lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Bronzor!

Bonuses
  • 2× Raid Stardust
  • 2× Raid XP

Raid Hour
Date + Time
  • Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (local time)

Features
  • The number of raids of all levels will increase during the event hour.
Lapras Raid Day
Date + Time
  • The Americas, Greenland, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)
  • Asia-Pacific: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)

Features
  • The Transport Pokémon, Lapras, will be joining Raid Battles for this event.
  • Receive up to five Raid Passes from Gyms at no cost.
  • If you're lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Lapras!

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
If they put out another 20-24 raid pass ultra box, I will spend all my coins to stock up on raid passes.

That also means I'd have to finally use up my 400 rare candies.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet! Looking forward to Lapras day and the other raid bosses.

Also, caught another shiny, a Tailow!

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Still no leafeon. I would figure they would do it during spring, but apparently not...surely Summer if they are going to do an event around it. Or it will unceremoniously be released sometime in the next few months. Or they'll do that dick move and release gen 5 and keep leafeon locked until next spring because why? Fuck you that's why.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Still no leafeon. I would figure they would do it during spring, but apparently not...surely Summer if they are going to do an event around it. Or it will unceremoniously be released sometime in the next few months. Or they'll do that dick move and release gen 5 and keep leafeon locked until next spring because why? Fuck you that's why.
It has more to do with the fact that there's no mechanism to evolving one that doesn't overlap with the other existing evolution methods. I'd just write it off as a lack of foresight.

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
They are doing new lures in order to evolve the rest of the Gen 4, it's coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.