• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Lucked into spotting the news of the cheap secondary moves on legendaries. I managed to add Overheat to my best, powered-up Sky Attack Moltres. That was the one that always tempted me, but 100 candy was waaay too steep.
Yeah I want to do this too. Unfortunately I didn't have enough stardust nor rare candy yesterday.
It's a 98% ine on lvl 40. I'd really like to have a fire charge move on it

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the amount of Anorith and Lileep tasks everywhere is obnoxious. Sucks to throw them away immediately because the weather's way too bad to walk/run and I'm far more interested in the Onix and Cranidos tasks. Onix tasks are relatively common (in a sea of Anorith and Lileep tasks) but I couldn't find a single Cranidos one.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the amount of Anorith and Lileep tasks everywhere is obnoxious. Sucks to throw them away immediately because the weather's way too bad to walk/run and I'm far more interested in the Onix and Cranidos tasks. Onix tasks are relatively common (in a sea of Anorith and Lileep tasks) but I couldn't find a single Cranidos one.
What is the Cranidos task?

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Been a pretty good 24hrs in pokgo.
Got a hundo onix from task reward
Caught a hundo shuckle
Traded for a lucky 96 cranidos
Caught 93 shieldon
Caught shiny anorith
Second moves for my 98 and 96 shadow ball mewtwos, hundo kyogre and 98 groudon

Kinda regret not getting second move for 98 moltres though but it happened during middle of the work day. The others were almost instant decisions

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Anorith and Lileep aren't boosted?

2nd Anorith I checked was shiny, then after maybe 5-10 checks, I went to the grocery story and got a another one, and a Lileep, on back-to-back checks.

That's like 1 in 200k?!?!

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Waiting for the Silph Road rate data but right now Onix is the only one that's confirmed to be boosted. Anorith and Lileep supposedly aren't, but I've been seeing more shiny screens than usual in my local discord. No luck yet on Anorith but I did get a Lileep already.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Got a second shiny Houndour :/

Up to 0/86 on Aerodactyl.

Who had the bright idea to not boost 2k egg rates? Quit with the damn 5ks.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Caught 2 more shiny Onix today. One in the wild too.

Also got a shiny Lileep. So only 1 more shiny Lileep to find before I have all the new event shinies.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing shiny in these parts.

Must have done 10 of those 'Earn 3 buddy candy' tasks. Thank you Burmy.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
0/24 on shiny Cresselia but hey I did get a 2nd shiny Omanyte and a shiny Anorith at least.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Another shiny Onix. Its shiny rate has to be like 1/60 at the most. Just stacking 3 of the evolve quests gives you so many chances at a shiny.

That last shiny Lileep is eluding me.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The Onix quest is probably your best bet, although it definitely favors people who played the game for a while and have like hundreds if not thousands of Anorith/Lileep candy.

That quest isn't as common as the buddy candy or egg hatching in my area. :(

I've caught hundreds of Lileep and Anorith so candy for evolutions isn't an issue. Just need those tasks!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Got a +1000 CP Shiny Geodude just now, got a Shieldon task just before so I could tick of Bastiodon. Thought about walking Cranidos, but decided on Burmy. I just need two more Cranidos (16 candy) to get him while Burmy is a lot more walking.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Gible makes the most sense if you have it because it's 1.25 km per candy right now but will be 5km and you need ~100 after you hatch a 10km Gible and get about 25 for free. 500km, that's some magikarp bullshit.

I had some rare candies, ended up getting Gible evolved, so I'm done. I need to trade with some friends to fill out the rest of the dex.

They've released most of gen4, so I guess we'll get the gen3 mythical quest soon and a the last remaining gen 4s, then gen 5 will be released with immediately being nerfed by a gen 1 month long event.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Gible isn't a community day Pokemon at some point, so I'm prioritizing Burmy first.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Started walking Burmy, got my first Wormadam. Found two Cranidos quests, am now the owner of a 2900 CP Rampardos.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just found out this community was here! Don't mean to toot my own horn for my first post but I found this perfect little boy not too long ago

D8Yztc9W4AEWdJe

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
How do shiny spawns work? Is it based on location of spawn or the check itself? Do I need to be at the right place at the right time or does it not matter?
The mechanism isn't know yet, but probably some combination of the spawn point identifier and your account identifier determining if something can be shiny.
(As it is become clear some spawn points can't generate shiny Pokémon at all, and some people have been very lucky at some places getting shinies while others getting none at the same places)

Status
Not open for further replies.