• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh damn, another week of getting extra candy and stardust ha ha. And so there is issues with adventure sync. It certainly has felt a bit wonky.

Also ended up getting a shiny Anorith with baby CP just minutes before the raid hour this last Wednesday lol. Will take that!

Edit: AND JUST GOT SHINY LATIOS HOLY SHIT!

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohhhh, so many Cranidos quests reported today. There are 9 on the map. That's a single Rampardos with all completed. I've gotten 2 lucky Cranidos through trading, too.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I can't get myself to do the Cranidos quests. Spinning 25 stops is brutal when you're constantly close to max bag space.

Luckily I already have a 93% lucky though.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
No shinies, but it feels good to get a loaf of Cranidos.

I'm torn with the Shieldon tasks between hoarding them or saving them up for shen I hit a big clump of new stops.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I collected a Cranidos quest at the end of a chain of Onix quests I was doing but I think I'm going to chuck it in favor of doing more Onix quests today. I'll probably load up on them when the event ends if they're convenient enough to get.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
700 and 900 checks for lileeps. That's quite high for just a few short days. Crazy! I'm only at like 150ish.

I have 2 shinies... *whistles*

Nov 17, 2017
3 shiny Lileep so far but no Onix or Anorith.
Starting to feel like Ash in that one episode where he kept on catching Tauros by accident.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Last night's update turned Adventure Sync off and I missed out on probably a km or two of progress towards 50km for the Adventure Week reward. Glad I noticed relatively early but it's pretty irritating nonetheless.

Oct 25, 2017
My shiny luck is soooo bad lately wow. Nothing so far during this event :( Also forgive me if this isn't tolerated here but do many of you have secondary accounts? I have an extra phone lying around and starting to get tempted to make a second account but I'm pretty sure that violates Niantic's TOS. I'm torn cause I see a lot of people in my community dual wielding phones but I don't wanna get banned.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I don't think anyone has mentioned it here, but a warning to Go+/gotcha users. The latest game update now shows if a shiny fled. You'll see the shiny pokemon in your journal now. So if you didn't want to know before, never check your journal now lol.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1 day I'll have a shiny aron. At like 1000 checks now since late 2017 lol. Granted, that is rather smallish. I actually know someone that took 2000 arons to get a shiny.

If there is anything I really want this event, it's shiny geodude and shiny solrock. Esp the later, as so freaking rare.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Since 'hatch 2 eggs' and 'walk 3 candies' can take a while and they're the most common quests, I have only gotten a few Onix checks in. 2 raids, 2 quests and 1 wild. Since I already have Lileep shiny I may consider dropping the 2 eggs quests to have more slots open.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Since 'hatch 2 eggs' and 'walk 3 candies' can take a while and they're the most common quests, I have only gotten a few Onix checks in. 2 raids, 2 quests and 1 wild. Since I already have Lileep shiny I may consider dropping the 2 eggs quests to have more slots open.
I toss both immediately. Lileep and Anorith are not uncommon spawns right now and the opportunity cost for not filling up on Onix quests is too high.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Last night's update turned Adventure Sync off and I missed out on probably a km or two of progress towards 50km for the Adventure Week reward. Glad I noticed relatively early but it's pretty irritating nonetheless.
Oh fuck Niantic. Missed about 7 km because of that. That means 30 burmy candy wasted.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
I've done a few Onix quests, but didn't get any shiny. The people in town have been running through them daily probably as much as you guys have. Maybe tomorrow I'll make another run through those quests.

My gotcha managed to pick up a Shiny Anorith. :) Hurrah, I'm part of the club now too. I also got a 98% and two 96% Cranidos so far.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I toss both immediately. Lileep and Anorith are not uncommon spawns right now and the opportunity cost for not filling up on Onix quests is too high.
Yeah, I toss that crap except at the end of the day if nothing else is available. I don't need tasks for catching the very things that have massively boosted spawns and have no raiding value. Unfortunately the other tasks have been much harder to come by.

I've come up on empty so far. Only rock shinys I have are Larvitar, Shuckle, and Solrock.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself a nice shiny puke green level 1 Onyx! Just need another and 2 Anoriths.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Got a shiny Lileep at lunch lol. At least two non boosted shinies within two days ha ha (don't know if the breakthrough stuff are boosted or not). Even more nice that they are all Gen 3 shinies.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
How many shiny Cresselias do you have now? Knight613

I swear I get so jealous every time I see you caught a shiny on my friend list lol.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
How many shiny Cresselias do you have now? Knight613

I swear I get so jealous every time I see you caught a shiny on my friend list lol.
Just 2. I've done like 50 of the raids though if that makes you feel better.

Got a shiny Lileep at lunch lol. At least two non boosted shinies within two days ha ha (don't know if the breakthrough stuff are boosted or not). Even more nice that they are all Gen 3 shinies.

All of the research breakthroughs are a 1/20 chance.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Community Day done. I got 8 shinies, three 90%+ Slakoth's (no hundo's but eh, it's Slakoth) and more Slakoth candy than I'll ever need before I stopped caring and slowed down. It didn't help that it started getting pretty cold by then too. And then when it ended, all my research tasks got wiped. I thought it was just me but there's others in my community and a thread on TSR's reddit from other NZers who had the same thing happen to them, so it's probably a good idea to make sure you've done the ones you wanted to do before the CD ends.

In other news, no shiny Anorith, Lileep or Cresselia's yet but I did get a shiny Onix a couple days ago.

Edit: Aussies are now reporting the same bug, so it seems like a widespread issue that kicks in as soon as you finish community day.

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, we can't get any new tasks from PokeStops either. I wonder if our tasks are still there but some change that was meant to be triggered by the end of community day has resulted in a bug where they're aren't displaying.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Finished Community Day over in my side of the world. Weather was perfect. Warm and windy. The slight chill in the air kept my iPhone 6 from overheating all day.

I caught quite a bit of Slakoth. I'm not sure how many at the moment because I'm unable to login to the game. Thankfully server errors are happening after CD has finished, rather than during. Slaking is more of a gym pokemon, so it's REALLY nice not having to quickly trade through Pokemon in the remaining hour to get luckies and evolve. And also because it's Saturday, I have all day tomorrow to continue trading through all my extras.

Ok, game is back. Primary account has 9 shiny Slakoth. Secondary account has 8.

Also, another thing, the players in town decided to use Magnetic lures on nearly every Pokestop downtown rather than normal ones. They were probably doing this to shiny hunt for Onix easier.

Edit: here's a picture
undefined
DvUhkSu.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Do I go out for community day (I already have a pretty good Slacking) or do I watch Nintendo's pre E3 stuff today? Weather is good. I may get out and catch a few for an hour or so and then bow out. Get a decent one and evolve it for the exclusive move and then peace out.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Had a weak community day due to network errors and shitty weather, got 1 Shiny Slakoth at 12 CP. On the other hand, it is Slakoth so I didn't evolve any.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do I go out for community day (I already have a pretty good Slacking) or do I watch Nintendo's pre E3 stuff today? Weather is good. I may get out and catch a few for an hour or so and then bow out. Get a decent one and evolve it for the exclusive move and then peace out.
Go for community day and then watch it without getting spoil.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Slakoth spawns have completely died here.

Between that and the rain, probably the least successful Community day.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Slakoth spawns have completely died here.

Between that and the rain, probably the least successful Community day.

Terrible spawn rate for us - the in game weather feature was gone which may have contributed to the messed up spawns but lures were basically giving the usual rubbish but no slakoth

I got 3 shinys which I think was down to a lot of luck more than anything else

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Weather is broken in game so that effects event spawns a lot. Niantic needs to de-link the two.

Like...imagine if this happened during Go Fest. There would be no event spawns for people that paid a ton of money to be there.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I had 8 shiny Slakoth, got most of these in the first hour when there were still enough spawns. But after that it was a bust, started trading and quit earlier. I evolved a few high cp Slakoth to dump in gyms. Lots of people complaining on Reddit, all the Euro countries were affected by this. Maybe there'll be a do-over for certain countries?

Most remarkable thing about this day is that I hatched 2 Riolu, from a 7 and 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.