• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Weather is back up.

Think I'll go out and do a bit before CD to use the Adventure Week quests instead of the CD nonsense, then just do enough CD to grab two shiny. It's a boring one, so I'll grab one for me and one if someone wants it in a trade.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And done. After 30 min, got my 3 shinies. Plus got 1 for my wife as she was busy. I stayed true to the energy of Slakoth and just drove around the next door Walmart for few minutes and got them all there.

Dobbie078

Oct 28, 2017
Horrible community day, I got 1 shiny out of 120~ Slakoth's. The last hour I saw like 4 Slakoth's...most of the spawns were other pokemons.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The real MVP of this community day was 4x egg distance bonus. I hatched SO MANY eggs, including a shiny Aron!

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
My girlfriend and I both ended up with 14 shinies and the last thing I ended up grabbing was a shiny Anorith which was nice. I do feel like the spawn rate was lower because of the cloudy weather.

Oct 25, 2017
Three shinies and one 4k CP Slacking later...

And that was only an hour of traveling around.

Great day. Even evolved a Scyther to Scizor finally.

Weather boost really made a difference today since I got a few really good Slakoth today.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Second slakoth was a lvl 35 shiny! Found three total, zero on my son's account.

The best part is my son's account can finally do Ultra league after evolving a Slaking gave him a third mon over 2500.

Right after the event ended I hatched a 10k obtained during the event and it was a shiny beldum.

Still no Lileep or Anorith.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Played an hour before and 90 minutes during the CD. Got 6 shiny Slakoth. Just as I was leaving, a wild Onix appeared and it was thankfully a shiny. Broke out of the first ball but I managed to catch it. Took about 40 encounters. Now to keep hunting for Anorith, Lileep, Omanyte, Kabuto, Geodude, Aron, and Aerodactyl.

Hatched a ton, but nothing super notable. Got a shiny Eevee for the first time since its CD, but it's just a 10/11/10, lol. Still craving a good Cranidos...

Last edited:

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Had a good day, got 4 shiny Slakoth and then not long after it ended I got a shiny Lileep.

Something about the pink Slakoth I really like, only evolved one to Slaking and may keep the rest as Slakoth.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up with 5, didn't really focus too hard on them.

quick edit, looks like they might do something for EU trainers who got gooned by the weather going down.

Last edited:

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
Guess the rng system decided today was my Onix day. Got 2 shiny Onix's back to back from quests, and a half hour later a hundo from another quest.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I have yet to get a shiny from a quest for Onyx. Did about 40 total today alone... Oh well, at least I have my nice wild shiny onyx.

Nov 17, 2017
20+ Onix raids and god knows how many tasks and still no shiny. I really should give up but I keep telling myself the next one will be shiny.

I hate myself sometimes.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Had a productive week (catched another Lileep after making this screenshot)
XxJ01Ha.jpg
ZcSmt2J.jpg

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I got nine Slakoth and a random Taillow but absolutely none of the Adventure Week shinies. Up to 41 Onix checks (1 wild, 1 raid, 39 research). which is about all I can manage with the limited time I have to play these days.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Between the Adventure Sync bonus, my research stack and my research breakthrough with a star piece on, I just got something like 90k stardust. Looking forward to doing the same next week.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Spent the entire day catching, checking and doing Onix quests, 30+ checks... but nothing the entire day. The only thing I managed to get was my 50 km's for the 50k dust. Think I'm close to 50 Onix checks now and nothing. No Anorith yet either.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to log in at 9:20am and used a Star Piece just before the AS reward popup came up. Almost at 4 million stardust and 500 rare candies now. Going to power up a couple of Kyogres next week.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
the stardust bonus was nice. as was all the rare candy.

honestly wish they gave you more for regular AS weekly rewards. i hit it every week, but it never seems worth it. if i didn't walk alot regularly, id never go out of my way to do it

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I play hours daily, mid 30s lvl. I've had one shiny in months. Absurd. I dont get it.

So part of that is RNG / Luck each encounter can be a shiny or not but until you encounter them you dont know
The other part is working to increase that chance - and how much of it is grinding vs just playing as normal.

The easiest example for this i can give you is community day (other than the last one which was broken) - for community day most of the players in the town I'm in go out and walk for those 3 hours and as we go around different clumps / spawn points / stops we bump into each other and compare how we're doing for shinys
In the first hour there is always someone with 5 or 6 and someone with none - as the time goes and you meet people for a second or third time you find the person with 6 only is up to 8 and the person with none had a little clump of them all together and now has 3
Its very very rare for someone to walk the whole time and not get any , and its also rare to see anyone that got more than say 9 or 10

Apart from one guy , who almost runs laps of the town and just shiny checks every thing he can - he only catches shinys and ignores everything else and he must spend those 3 hours at an almost constant run. If you can get a few words out of him as he passes he's normally 3 or 4 times the number of others (and ends up with 20+ most of the time) , however it looks like a lot of work / pain / effort to get them.

So you can just keep going with your RNG chances , or you can max things (like that guy does) or you can go somewhere in between.

If for example during the last week you just spent time focused on one or two things (e.g. finding and doing the Onyx rewards or just clicking on Anoriths) you'll probably check and lot more and increase your chance of getting a shiny at the cost of doing other things.

I probably put around 2 hours daily in game and did not note my Anorith or Lileep levels before the start but both are at the seen around 400 mark now - and for that I have 1 shiny Anoirth that I got on day 2 - and I got my Shiny Creselia today after doing 1 or 2 raids for them a day since it started.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It is going to be more about where you play than how much your play. If I am at home I get one spawn every hour. If I am at work I can get 20+ every hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.