• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I went to a park that had an Onix nest today, still had to check quite a few before I finally got a shiny. I decided to just do a half hour drive because I was tired of hunting quests. All checks combined I was at 65 ish before I got one. I also got an Anorith in that park. Got 2 Lileep before so I'm pretty happy with my total. Still a small chance tomorrow but this'll probably be it.

The only time I've been lucky enough when there were quests involved was on Clamperl day, outside of that I've never gotten a shiny out of a quest. I've had more luck with hatches.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Shiny hunting seems intense. Hopefully more fun than the main games at least! I've encountered 2 non-CD shinies in the 2 months I've been active in the game.

Nov 17, 2017
Just caught 2 more shiny Onix from back to back quests.

Up to 10 now.

giphy.gif

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I really haven't taken advantage of the xp boost for new pokestops.

If Saturday wasn't so rainy I might have gone to a new city.

Oct 26, 2017
I finally managed to walk 50 km and got a 10 km egg this morning. Be real with me, what are the odds of actually getting something awesome out of this?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I finally managed to walk 50 km and got a 10 km egg this morning. Be real with me, what are the odds of actually getting something awesome out of this?
Here's the adventure sync egg pools:

The 10km adventure sync egg pool is a LOT better than the regular 10km one (though no chance of a Gible, sadly) and the only one that doesn't have a shiny (yet) is Riolu but I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I usually get Dratini's and Larvitar's out of them but I have gotten a couple of Riolu's (including my first one months ago) and yesterday's gave me a shiny Shinx.

Depends on what your definition of good is. You could hatch a Sableye (lol) or you could get a shiny Dratini. Either way you get some decent stardust out of it.
Nope, no chance of Sableye. It isn't in the 10km adventure sync egg pool.

Oct 26, 2017
Alright. Hoping for a Riolu or shiny Shinx, and I could use a Finneon from the 25 egg since I haven't evolved my crappy one yet. But with my luck I'm getting another Larvitar after already having ten Tyranitars...

The problem with having these semi-legendaries in community days is that everyone who played that day will never be excited about a Dratini or Beldum again, even shinies.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
Alright. Hoping for a Riolu or shiny Shinx, and I could use a Finneon from the 25 egg since I haven't evolved my crappy one yet. But with my luck I'm getting another Larvitar after already having ten Tyranitars...

The problem with having these semi-legendaries in community days is that everyone who played that day will never be excited about a Dratini or Beldum again, even shinies.

That's the attitude! Hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys;

I recently got my daughter set up with Pokemon Go on an old phone of mine, only to find that children accounts can't trade Pokemon or add friends. I found some press releases stating that this was going to be added through the Niantic Kids. Great. So I head over to the parent portal, and for the life of me, I cannot fucking find where the fuck you are supposed to actually fucking register with the fucking site. There's a sign in page with a password recovery link, but that's it. I just want to trade some damned Pokemon with my kid. Halp.
I saw this news and remembered your post. Looks like they've just fixed this:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to 61 Onix without a shiny. Meanwhile, my coworker got it within the first 10 quests, and tonight got shiny Lileep and Anorith back to back.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I saw this news and remembered your post. Looks like they've just fixed this:

Its *only* if you've signed up with Niantic kids and not with PTC (Pokemon Trainer club)
By the time Niantic kids was launched everyone that knew how locked out kids accounts were just created a regular account and lied about their birthday but if you did not then you can allow this stuff with Niantic Kids only.

If you signed up your kid anytime before that (and they are therefore on PTC) you cant and kids are locked out of
Trading
Friendship bonuses
Gifts
PVP
7k Eggs
Some quests (e.g. the ones which say 'trade a pokemon')
Creating alternative sign in methods (you can only sign in with PTC and nothing else - no linking allowed)
And probably some other things that I cant remember.

Right now if you have a kid thats still running a PTC account then its better for them to get a new account and walk away from the one they put all the effort into :-(

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Shiny hunting seems intense. Hopefully more fun than the main games at least! I've encountered 2 non-CD shinies in the 2 months I've been active in the game.
In 18 months i've found one that's not been a community day (makuhita) and hatched one. (Azurill) Although I don't play hardcore like a lot of ppl seem too. Bu my friend whos played for 5 months hasd found dozens. My luck must be fucking trash.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know, I really am starting to hate the lucky friend system or lack of. There's so many trades I'd like to do around here but nobody wants to do it because we're not lucky friends and yeah that's cool and all but I just want the Pokémon.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Just found a random Gabite on my way to work. Never even seen a Gible before but this dude was just chilling on the radar.

YvsKLF1.jpg

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I'm fucking livid. This weekend I made an effort to do all this extra walking and biking and then noticed none of it got tracked.

I just checked my settings and adventure sync toggled off. I have had it on for the past several months. Fucking bullshit.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After so many onyx quests (like 150 at least by now), I finally got my shiny from a quest! Now I have 2. Hopefully I can get another so I trade my rare lv1 shiny for a diff shiny. Also got a shiny Anorith. Hopefully I can get 1 extra shiny anorith and I'll be good.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to get my first shiny Anorith on the final day. Only one shiny Lileep too.

Completed a lot more Cranidos quests than Shieldon. 3:1 ratio.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Woo, got a 15/12/15 Cranidos. I only managed 3 of those quests so far, but snagged a fourth this morning. It's too fucking hot to play more, and my car was recently totaled, but I'm pleased I finally got a Cranidos I would be happy investing dust in.

Managed 2 shiny Onix and 1 Lileep.

Global challenges for Go Fest and dates for Entei and Suicune raid days. I'd imagine Raikou is still going to be next weekend though.

Bummer. Raikou is the one I'm most interested in raiding but I'll be out of town for a wedding that weekend.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
65 Onix later, I finally have one shiny.

Coworker only did 40 and has two...

Going to be checking every half hour for new wild Anorith/Lileep spawns near the office but this is basically it for the event for me.

Nov 17, 2017
Whoever said moaning about not getting shinies guarantees you shinies is bang on - after my last moan I've found a shiny Anorith, a 4th shiny Lileep, a shiny Pidgey and just got a shiny Cresselia!

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Just hit 10M stardust. That took a while.

Nice. I'm 4 million into my 10 million goal.

Whoever said moaning about not getting shinies guarantees you shinies is bang on - after my last moan I've found a shiny Anorith, a 4th shiny Lileep, a shiny Pidgey and just got a shiny Cresselia!

Congrats. I'm hoping to get a shiny Cresselia tomorrow. Otherwise I'll be 0/40+ after raid dinner hour lol.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Clutch shiny Omanyte as an excellent closer to the event. This is actually one of my most wanted shinies so I'm very happy. My total tally: 2 Lileep, 1 Anorith, 1 Onix and 1 Omanyte. Pretty damn good, I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.