• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
please no

I need Raikou for Kyogre raids lol.
I'm almost certain they are still going to run it on either the 22nd or 23rd, as otherwise they aren't overlapping with the other challenge rewards. It makes more sense for the Slakoth redo to be the following weekend, when there won't be additional rewards stacked on top of it.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Bye bye, Adventure week. I think I did around 75 of those Cranidos quests. SO MUCH throwing away items.

I got a 98, 96, and a few 93s. Two luckies through trading as well, but those IVs were in the 80 range.

My rock army is ready to go for Entei.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The most plausible theory I've heard is that the need to re-do Slakoth CD for EMEA is throwing off the event schedule.
The other theory is that they might have a research day planned for one of the weekends.

Whoever said moaning about not getting shinies guarantees you shinies is bang on - after my last moan I've found a shiny Anorith, a 4th shiny Lileep, a shiny Pidgey and just got a shiny Cresselia!

That was me and you're welcome :P

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, really fun event overall. Got 2 shiny lileeps (+1 for wife), 1 anorith & 2 shiny onyxs. Still have a few outstanding quests, so hopefully get another shiny onyx.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
I'm almost certain they are still going to run it on either the 22nd or 23rd, as otherwise they aren't overlapping with the other challenge rewards. It makes more sense for the Slakoth redo to be the following weekend, when there won't be additional rewards stacked on top of it.
It's funny because last time when it happened in Asia the redo had double catch candy on top of the existing 1/4 hatch distance for Beldum. The exact same thing could happen for Europe and Slakoth. Crazy coincidence.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The triple Stardust (catch & hatch) event sounds insane. I wonder how much I could grind in that week.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I was far more interested in Cranidos and Onyx tasks than doing a ton of incredibly boring shiny checking, so I only checked ~500 combined and didn't get a shiny. But that's fine because I got 2 shiny Onyx's and almost finished my Rampardos team (just need one more decent one). Oh and I got about 1 million XP thanks to a couple trips to nearby cities/towns and spinning a ton of new stops. That was a fun week.

My shiny tally for the week: 0 shiny Anoriths/Lileeps, 2 shiny Onyx's, shiny Aron and a shiny Shinx hatch.

Nov 17, 2017
So I had one Evolve a Lileep/Anorith task left over that I was keeping till today to claim to count towards my weekly research....

3pvWc9F.jpg

Get in!

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting on that Shiny Growlithe to show up.

I did get the Catch 5 Water pokemon task this morning.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Bring back lunch-time raid hour, you cowards.

I'm too tired to go around after work. I just want to go home.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So Horsea should see boosted rates? Apparently they did this last year with Wingull and Roselia and those were boosted, too bad I wasn't playing then. Asked around and apparently it was really easy to get a shiny then. I'll try to get 3 shinies for Horsea, they're all pretty cool.

Did the dinner hour but no shiny yet again. 0/17 total, not spending anymore premium passes on Cres though.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
So Horsea should see boosted rates? Apparently they did this last year with Wingull and Roselia and those were boosted, too bad I wasn't playing then. Asked around and apparently it was really easy to get a shiny then. I'll try to get 3 shinies for Horsea, they're all pretty cool.
I had horrible luck during those days, out of all of them I only got a shiny Minun during it's respective weekend(one weekend had both Plusle/Minun). I later got a shiny Roselia and still don't have Wingull. Some people got a dozen or more, never understood how that worked out.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I had horrible luck during those days, out of all of them I only got a shiny Minun during it's respective weekend(one weekend had both Plusle/Minun). I later got a shiny Roselia and still don't have Wingull. Some people got a dozen or more, never understood how that worked out.
I had that with Shuckle, saw people posting their third or fourth one and I didn't get one over 200 checks even though he was def. boosted.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I'd expect Horsea to be boosted, yes, though not quite to CD levels. You do have to be able to devote a decent amount of time over the weekend though.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Was searching my storage for the earthquake charge move, found it weird a comm day Slaking was the first result, clicked on it... BAM, it happened again. I apparently gave it an extra charge move by accident around comm day. This is the second time it happened and I only found out through sheer luck, didn't even notice my stardust dropping by 75k after comm day. So that's 150k dust wasted on unwanted charge moves lol

also: if you want to search for pokemon with a second charge move, it's '!@3move'. Luckily it only showed those 2 screwups. God I hate the location of that button with a passion.

Last edited:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Guys

it finally happened

Shiny Cresselia GET

1/40

whew

I hope shiny Kyogre won't be as painful T_T

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I think if shiny Horsea is around for 4 days, the shiny rate will probably be like Psyduck/Diglett rather than Roselia/Wingull/Plusle/Minun from last year.

Last year was like CD rates. Psyduck/Diglett are like 1/130 or something.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Returning to this game after not playing since around August 2016. I left a Pokemon at a gym to try to get some coins. Can other players feed it berries so that it stays there forever? It's been there a full day almost and it's still got max heart power. Am I screwed?

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Returning to this game after not playing since around August 2016. I left a Pokemon at a gym to try to get some coins. Can other players feed it berries so that it stays there forever? It's been there a full day almost and it's still got max heart power. Am I screwed?

Yes, other players from your team can berry it up. It will come back eventually though, unless the gym is in a very rural area. The longest I've had a mon stay in a gym was 16 days, but most are out within a couple days.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, other players from your team can berry it up. It will come back eventually though, unless the gym is in a very rural area. The longest I've had a mon stay in a gym was 16 days, but most are out within a couple days.
This is at my work place and I think some people are close enough to the gym at their desks. Maybe this weekend when nobody is at work...

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise

Yeah they can feed it berries but someone will eventually come along and knock it out and you'll get your 50 coins.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Also keep in mind Pokemon under a certain CP lose motivation much slower than high powered Pokemon would. Not so much that you would still be full after 24 hours, but enough that basically 1-2 berries a day would be all that's needed to maintain it.

Also, anyone else who has another defender in the gym can feed berries remotely no matter where they are as long as their Pokemon remains in the gym.

It's not really a terrible situation to be in; you're gaining points for that gym the longer you defend it for doing nothing, and as you reach the silver and eventually gold levels that gym will give you more items per spin.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yeah It's out. Wonder if they'll boost the spawns for it as well since they didn't announce it beforehand. Either way better golden razz and ultra if you run into one, since you only get one shot.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Man, I would love to see what Niantic's interface for manipulating spawns looks like. It must be a mess since they always seem to struggle getting the boosting right at the start of an event.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Man, I would love to see what Niantic's interface for manipulating spawns looks like. It must be a mess since they always seem to struggle getting the boosting right at the start of an event.

Yeah I'm not seeing any Horsea on the radar yet. During lunch however I kept running into Drifloon for some reason and they're still on my radar now.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
So they're supposedly doing some of the GoFest 'habitats' globally?

I'm seeing abnormal amounts of Marill, Drifloon, Misdreavous, Magikarp, Piplup. Snorunt, Sneazel, and Sableye.

Status
Not open for further replies.