• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
First time I got an EX raid pass, it's for this Sunday afternoon in my area... Is it safe to assume enough people will show up for it? It's at a park near my gf's and it's usually pretty good with players and last community day I was there it was packed with people. I didn't go during Slackoth CD but I soloed a T1 or 2 gym the next day there. I think that's how I qualified for one?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
First time I got an EX raid pass, it's for this Sunday afternoon in my area... Is it safe to assume enough people will show up for it? It's at a park near my gf's and it's usually pretty good with players and last community day I was there it was packed with people. I didn't go during Slackoth CD but I soloed a T1 or 2 gym the next day there. I think that's how I qualified for one?
Just be there before hatch so that you don't miss the group.

I would imagine that the main reason for the odd time for Raikou Day is probably so that people can't get 5 free passes the day before in other parts of the world once the event starts in APAC. 4PM in Tokyo for instance is midnight in California. Last year when it started at 11AM, people in North America were able to get 2 days of 5 free passes, which would be relevant here because Groudon would be the current raid boss.

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Just be there before hatch so that you don't miss the group.

I would imagine that the main reason for the odd time for Raikou Day is probably so that people can't get 5 free passes the day before in other parts of the world once the event starts in APAC. 4PM in Tokyo for instance is midnight in California. Last year when it started at 11AM, people in North America were able to get 2 days of 5 free passes, which would be relevant here because Groudon would be the current raid boss.
Doesn't that just shift the window so APAC has a better chance of getting an extra 5 free passes on Sunday? 7pm Saturday in Hawaii is 5pm Sunday here in NZ.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Calloway Gardens is the best. I used to live not too far from there but I moved before Pokemon GO was a thing. I bet it is an awesome place to play even though it's so spread out.
Yeah, it's pretty good there. I was kinda surprised how good the spawns were. But it makes sense of course, since there are so many people around, the the cell rate in the popular areas is high.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Are you all going to be playing the Harry Potter game? Apparently it's launching on the 21st. I'm going to play it at the same time as Pokemon GO and see how I like it.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, I had 6 10ks hatch and got 4 terrible Beldum, 1 Feebas, and a Shinx (a 98%er but I already have two equally good ones and a maxed shiny 91%). Such a waste during this double candy bonus.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Did raid hour, my Kyogre Kurse continues, no shiny. I'm at 0/33 total. Someone has one saved for me when we hit lucky friends, but I'd like to catch one myself too.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
This week is amazing for candy and stardust. I've got a ton of Larvitar candy from hatches already and I can grind around 500k stardust a day. Really looking forward to the triple stardust week!

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Man, my electric game SUCKS and Kyogre is such a beast. Even with 4 of us, we couldn't take down a Rain-boosted Hydro Pumped Kyogre. :(

It supposed to rain this weekend, so maybe I'll be able to get a bunch of boosted ones at that time with the larger groups in town.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
On a side note, Kyogre raid hour was a bust for me. Only caught 4 out of like 12 and 0 were shiny or good IV. ;_;

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Caught 2/3 Kyogre. Neither were good, but whatever, I already already have a powered up 91% and shiny 89%. I'll take the 12 candy, 15 rare candy and 2 charge TMs.

Hatched a Shieldon, so that was kind of a nice 10k hatch. Finally went ahead and evolved a Bastiodon.

Lots of egg hatching with a star piece active and catching everything. Half distance egg hatching is incredible.

It takes all day though so if you don't have the time then yeah.

Oh and obviously it requires you to have a lot of super incubators.
Yeah... I guess with tons of incubators it'd be possible... must be nice :)

Oct 25, 2017
8/12 with no shinies. None have a particularly good IV either so ehhh not the best hour of my Pokemon Go career. Hopefully next Wednesday treats me better.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Man, my electric game SUCKS and Kyogre is such a beast. Even with 4 of us, we couldn't take down a Rain-boosted Hydro Pumped Kyogre. :(

It supposed to rain this weekend, so maybe I'll be able to get a bunch of boosted ones at that time with the larger groups in town.

4 (with reasonable counters) is do-able but tight (it can actually be trio'd but thats very very close)

The main things for Kyogre this time round are :

The auto selects are rubbish - and I mean really really bad - worse than they were before - virtually regardless of moveset my default team is 6 Tyranitars

Because of that if you do go in with a good team and then dont heal / go back with the same team you do good damage and then you get the defaults and do rubbish damage.

My suggestion here is to make up multiple teams and if you do you an IV checker get it to show you what your top damage mon's are (both CalkyIV on Android and Poke Genie on iOS will do that for you)

There are a few different infographics on the best stuff to use but basically either strong Electric (Raikou / Zapdos / Magnezone / Jolteon) or strong Grass (Roserade / Sceptile with CD move / Venusaur with CD move / Breeloom with event move)

My best teams are doing around 35% damage to a weather boosted Hydropump Kyogre (thats with between 14 and 17 faints)

Last edited:

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Grass helps against Hydro Pump. Dodging too if you don't have a lot of counters and have to heal before rejoining. Also this is very important: don't faint your last Pokemon all at once. The boss will regenerate HP this way.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Versus Kyogre, though, Grass is only good with Sun right? Or at least in Rain, use Electric over Grass, right? I powered up a lucky Electivire of mine, and also boosted an old research Raikou. They're both 30, so now my Electric team is 5 strong, but still die off pretty quickly according to Poke Genie. Even a 5-man group seems pushing it for me.

Anyway, something else I've noticed... Have any of you guys gotten lucky friends lately?

Despite raidin' and tradin' with my second account nearly every day, I've never become lucky friends. BUT.. today was the third time in which I came back home after catchin' and raidin' that I started trading and my first trade after that first interaction of the day resulting in a lucky trade. I thought this may happen, so my first trade were two Kyogres, and both became lucky. :)

Someone on reddit mentioned that idea of "phantom" lucky friends. Lucky friends could still be happening more regularly than you think, but maybe it doesn't show it. It could still be coincidence, but I always do legendary trades first before doing trash trades just in case.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Versus Kyogre, though, Grass is only good with Sun right? Or at least in Rain, use Electric over Grass, right?

It really depends on the raid kyogre's moves. Grass is just as good as electric with neutral weather, except against a Kyogre with blizzard, your grass types will struggle to get a charge move off before fainting.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
It really depends on the raid kyogre's moves. Grass is just as good as electric with neutral weather, except against a Kyogre with blizzard, your grass types will struggle to get a charge move off before fainting.

Roserade also gets very very high damage even in other than sunny weather since it got Grassknot as its charged move - thats not often highlighted in the various posts as they generally just recycled the older information from when Kyogre was around the last time.

Rain is the only weather type that does not give me a Roserade in my A team - In sun its #1 , for everything else its just behind Raikou

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Finally finally finally traded and was able to finish that part of the Celebi quest. Ugh

Now i have to evolve 2 pokemon with items and im pretty sure i either already have every one (so i don't have any candy left) or I need those dang Sinnoh Stones.

Whats the best way to get them? I know you can get them from battles, but do the battles against the Team Leaders count? Do you get a chance each time you battle them, once per day or once per tier? (so like, would i get a chance in the Great league and then also the Ultra league fight?)

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Finally finally finally traded and was able to finish that part of the Celebi quest. Ugh

Now i have to evolve 2 pokemon with items and im pretty sure i either already have every one (so i don't have any candy left) or I need those dang Sinnoh Stones.

Whats the best way to get them? I know you can get them from battles, but do the battles against the Team Leaders count? Do you get a chance each time you battle them, once per day or once per tier? (so like, would i get a chance in the Great league and then also the Ultra league fight?)
You can battle another player 3x a day and the Team Leader once a day.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a 1/8 chance at a sinnoh stone from battles and you have a chance at a stone with your 7 day research breakthrough.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Did a couple of Kyogre raids today and got a shiny!

...on my baby account

:(

Also there was like 3 Kyogre raids the whole day. Fucking 3.

Niantic really hates rural players.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, raid hour should be every day. The current state of raids in rural areas is such shit atm.

Surely Niantic must realise they need to retain rural players as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.