• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
We solved the rural problem by making a shitton of Ingress portals which turn into Pokestops and gyms. Since I've lived here we went from nothing but two misplaced "Starbucks" Pokestops to three gyms and a spread of around 10 Pokestops around them.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
We solved the rural problem by making a shitton of Ingress portals which turn into Pokestops and gyms. Since I've lived here we went from nothing but two misplaced "Starbucks" Pokestops to three gyms and a spread of around 10 Pokestops around them.

Same though I live in the suburbs. We now have about 12 gyms and 20 stops that, if you're driving, is about a 5-6 minutes loop.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Trying out the potter game and there's a lot more engaging stuff to do solo, but its pokemon go's cashgrab dialed up. Imagine the pokeball inventory being just for pokeballs, there being fewer stops, and each stop usually gives 1 ball. Also this ball cap starts at 40, and when it runs out, it'll popup an impulse buy of more energy.

I don't see a community day working when you have such a harsh limit.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Trying out the potter game and there's a lot more engaging stuff to do solo, but its pokemon go's cashgrab dialed up. Imagine the pokeball inventory being just for pokeballs, there being fewer stops, and each stop usually gives 1 ball. Also this ball cap starts at 40, and when it runs out, it'll popup an impulse buy of more energy.

I don't see a community day working when you have such a harsh limit.
And it has an annoying bug, where if you hit the flee button just a little bit off to the side, it'll prompt you to buy more energy and if you're just clicking through you might waste your hard earned gold on stupid energy. GRRR, still mad.

Energy system sucks tbh, it's a dealbreaker for me.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Niantic have announced the next Pokémon GO detials. First, from July 1st at 20:00 UTC to September 1st at 20:00 UTC, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, and Groudon will be the Research Breakthrough rewards. In addition to that, a new Spinda form will hit in Field Research, with there being a chance of Shiny Spinda from then on
In addition to that, EX Raids from passes obtained after June 23rd 15:00 UTC will be for EX Raids to obtain Speed Forme Deoxys

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Uggh I'm real sick of Lati@s, they're the new dogs for me. Thankfully managed to get my first (perfect even) Lugia before the month is up.

Also shiny Spinda sounds like a nightmare to try and get. Better be like 1/5 odds.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Latios has been a real pain in my ass. I have a chance at 4 more breakthroughs (between 2 accounts) before Lugia and Ho-oh are out, hopefully one can either be shiny or 100 IV.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
1/60 odds for shiny Spinda would make the most sense.

That way anyone doing 3 quests a day would have a 95% chance of getting one by the end of the 2 month period.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm also a little confused at why they'd put Kyogre and Groudon in breakthroughs now when Groudon will still be a raid boss.

i bet they bring the birds or Lugia/Ho-Oh back as raid bosses after Groudon is done at the rate they're going.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Began playing recently after watching Northernlion play Pokémon Let's Go. Enjoying it so far, though I don't know anyone else who plays. Been fun, though, as I've been walking more.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Began playing recently after watching Northernlion play Pokémon Let's Go. Enjoying it so far, though I don't know anyone else who plays. Been fun, though, as I've been walking more.
If you're from Brazil, there was just an event there a few months ago in Porto Alegre. So there's definitely a fair amount of players around the country I'd imagine. Best to see if there's a local discord server you can join so you can at least do some raids.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I will try. Been able to do tier 1 raids, and fight some gyms here and there. Still having fun collecting one of each pokémon.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Not only does my baby account have a shiny Kyogre (which my main doesn't) but it now has better IV (15 attack) Kyogres as well. In fact I spent whatever dust and candy I had to power one up.

I have 600 Rare Candy waiting to power up a few 15 attack IV ones on my main.

Damn you Niantic!

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My house is a crazy Harry Potter Spawn spot but I only get 1 Pokemon spawn every hour

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did a little look at my recent shiny trades in last 5 months. Spent like 1,440,000 stardust on about 18 new shiny trades.

Same though I live in the suburbs. We now have about 12 gyms and 20 stops that, if you're driving, is about a 5-6 minutes loop.
Nice! I've now added nearly 95 new pokestops since I started playing Ingress. I've lost count on how many gyms are directly responsible from me. lol. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta (Roswell), and these suburbs and directly touching suburb cities are quite big, so it was always pretty good with stops/gyms already. I actually now have a pokestop in my own neighborhood actually, might 1 day become a gym! lol

Nobody has even heard of Ingress. Fucking nobody.
I wonder if that'd make it easier or harder to get to the required level to submit stuff lol
Well, most likely your area has local Ingress players, just they don't play PoGo. I bet if you go on the Ingress intercoms Chat, you could ask if anyone would be willing to help add things (obviously if you do this, have a decent list of what could be added).

If literally noone plays Ingress in your area, don't bother playing the game unless you're willing to travel. Unlike PoGo, Ingress really requires the participation of the opposite team. You gain AP (Their XP) from claiming Portals, making links & fields and more so from taking down enemy portals. While an empty set of Portals will help you out, you will need wait a few days for them to die out (they lose motivation over time and once dead, they actually die). So it's much better to play in enemy area in regards to AP gain. For example, near me is mostly my team, good for refilling on items, but not so much in terms of doing anything else. Luckily my work area is a battle ground.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 0/24 on shiny Kyogre on my main. I'm also 0/24 on 15 attack IV Kyogre on my main.

My baby account however, shiny on the 4th one and a few 15 attack IVs. Niantic pls.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hatched a shiny Bagon today, 1st time for a 10k egg too. Also caught my 4th shiny Swablu

Nov 17, 2017
Really starting to despise Kyogre now.
It's one of my favourite legendaries but after about 25 odd raids, only catching 4 of them and no shinies I never want to see his stupid toothy face again (Unless it's pink)

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Really starting to despise Kyogre now.
It's one of my favourite legendaries but after about 25 odd raids, only catching 4 of them and no shinies I never want to see his stupid toothy face again (Unless it's pink)
I'm at 35 without, for someone else I know it took them 46 raids til they got one. Record in my group is 52 tries til shiny Groudon. But if you've only caught 4/25 you need to be more patient with your throws because even with 12 balls or so you should be able to catch most of them. He is one of the hardest ones to catch though. When I got back into the game he was one of my first bosses and I got below 50% catch rate. But this time around I've only let one run.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
This is probably old news, but I found this neat little website in which you can pick your favourites for a card of sorts.

64911132_2242218332500148_1934479877440798720_o.jpg

Is my "genwunner" bias showing too much? :v

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Got a shiny Kyogre on my main account! 93% IV so I'll max it out. 1/26 total.

And then the next raid I did I got another shiny Kyogre on my baby account lol. 2/18 total.

Also hatched a shiny Wynaut. It was a good day today.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I was wondering, does something like a permanent nest exist? There's a park in my city that has the same Pokémon spawning in it forever. When there isn't an event there's a mix of Bellsprout, Alolan Geodude, Gulpin, Surskit, Barboach and Shellder. Usually with parks the nesting Pokémon changes every rotation but here it's always been the same. Or maybe it's not seen as a real park and it's calculated to always have those Pokémon spawning.. It's a shame because it's the best farming spot in the city, but the spawns never change if there's no event.

When there's no event that spot is boring because only Shellder of those spawns can be shiny... And I'm at 700+ checks without one lol

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering, does something like a permanent nest exist? There's a park in my city that has the same Pokémon spawning in it forever. When there isn't an event there's a mix of Bellsprout, Alolan Geodude, Gulpin, Surskit, Barboach and Shellder. Usually with parks the nesting Pokémon changes every rotation but here it's always been the same. Or maybe it's not seen as a real park and it's calculated to always have those Pokémon spawning.. It's a shame because it's the best farming spot in the city, but the spawns never change if there's no event.

When there's no event that spot is boring because only Shellder of those spawns can be shiny... And I'm at 700+ checks without one lol
Aren't those just biome spawns? My neighbourhood gets some similarly boring spawns when there isn't an event going on and it sucks. This double candy reward week is a dud.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
0/55 on shiny Kyogre now.

On the bright side, I traded with someone who went to Go Fest and had a makeup day yesterday so I have a Pachirisu from Chicago and one from San Francisco now. The San Francisco one being a lucky one. We also did 5 trades and got 3 luckies in a row. So I also have a 98% lucky Lucario from it too.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
0/55 on shiny Kyogre now.

On the bright side, I traded with someone who went to Go Fest and had a makeup day yesterday so I have a Pachirisu from Chicago and one from San Francisco now. The San Francisco one being a lucky one. We also did 5 trades and got 3 luckies in a row. So I also have a 98% lucky Lucario from it too.

3 Lucky in a row? Damn.

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
Now that WU has been released I hope Niantic goes back to making Go their priority and gives us a new feature there has been nothing for this quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.