• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unless it's something neat and different, besides just a costume, I'm just going for 1.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen like 5 Nidoran total today. It's nothing but Slakoths, which is honestly bullshit. Niantic are dumb for doing a Slakoth redo on top of other events. Yikes.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I've seen like 5 Nidoran total today. It's nothing but Slakoths, which is honestly bullshit. Niantic are dumb for doing a Slakoth redo on top of other events. Yikes.
It's baffling really. There was an entire week with nothing outside of that candy bonus going on, yet they time this during the entire go fest weekend. Not just one day, but the full weekend.

Nov 17, 2017
Even when Niantic try to make up for something they manage to ruin everything else - I'm so bored of Slakoth already that I've not even bothered to catch the shinies I've found
All I want is just one shiny Nidoran, is that too much to ask 😫

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
The best thing about Slakoth CD was the incubator distance bonus. I would have loved that for 3 days. lol

Do these bonuses return for the special CD recap weekend in December?

Sasha

Oct 27, 2017

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
People on Silph Road are confident that Armored Mewtwo has the same stats as regular. Please let it be so.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't take any promo pics as proof or so, a lot of those are usually mock ups. Remember gen 2 Evo Pokemon with items that had reduced candy cost?

But... I am just expecting Armor to just be a costume...

Nov 17, 2017
Whilst searching for a shiny Nidoran I found a shiny Seel and a shiny Drowzee, then got a Nidoran from a research task.

RNGesus, sometimes you alright.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I shiny checked over 200 pokemon this morning (and with the new quick catch on Android, I caught most of them), so shiny yet sadly. Oh well. Do got 3 queued up on my quests for Nidorans

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Registered 2 new shinies yesterday (Sandshrew & Alolan Rat) but Nidoran still alludes me.

I want that blue Nidoking!

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
Got like 4 shiny Slakoths now, but no Nido. So done with 7ks too, I can't with these Pichus.

Found an Al Raichu raid though with the help of discord, happy with that.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Third shiny Feebas and a second Scyther today, but no Nidoran yet. At 60 checks total. I didn't even bother catching a few shiny Slakoth I ran into today, they're everywhere.

Some people in my local discord posted Dortmund bag screens... obscene. I should go to one of these next year.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Nidoran spawns have been crap and anecdotally there's been way more Slakoth since yesterday, too many!

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Silph Road doesn't accept scanner for their research, but two of the Discords I'm in that uses scanners to report spawns/raids/quests and such actually put up a page with their scanner statistics including shiny rates. These are in some cases like 10x the amount of data that Silph Road researchers tend to input.

Basically Nidoran is at 1/130 or so. Nothing else is boosted for the event other than the pokemon that are already boosted (Feebas, Scyther, etc...).

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to an Hippo nest today, discovered event spawns overwrite nest spawns. Only found one Hippo.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad we don't have Slakoths lol

Instead I see Nidorans :P

No shiny of anything yet though. Almost at 9 million dust though.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the Alonan event. Of just those got 6 shinies. Still need 2 more geodudes and of course all the others in eggs. I'm going to go back to just do a few at a time now.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
I only got 1 Alolan Geodude and I was really hoping to find the big palm but the go fest stuff really nuked my spawns out here.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Got 2 shiny Nidoran out of about 30 so def. lucky on that one :D

One was from a reward but the IVs were unfortunately shite
Yeah that's some really good luck. I got 3 when Horsea was around, but I don't think I'll be replicating that unless I get really lucky tomorrow. With the Alolans turned off, maybe I'll see some more Nidoran. I'm at 70 checks now which really isn't a lot for a species that's supposed to be boosted. A good chunk of that is research too.

My total for the Alolan event: 2 rats, 2 hot dogs, 2 palm trees and 0 kleinstein. 0 out of eggs too but was not expecting anything there.

Nov 17, 2017
Third shiny Feebas and a second Scyther today, but no Nidoran yet. At 60 checks total. I didn't even bother catching a few shiny Slakoth I ran into today, they're everywhere.

Some people in my local discord posted Dortmund bag screens... obscene. I should go to one of these next year.

Send some of your shiny Feebas luck my way please - I was unlucky during the research day when it first came out and been wanting one ever since!

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Send some of your shiny Feebas luck my way please - I was unlucky during the research day when it first came out and been wanting one ever since!
Hah, I was too. Thought it was a great looking shiny and went pretty hard that day but got 0. It's like Niantic's been paying me back ever since. I got a 10cp one through gotcha, then a beefy one during the clamperl day and now the first one through a quest. I don't think this has been confirmed anywhere but I do think Feebas has boosted rates like Aerodactyl/Pineco. If you keep doing the go fest quests you definitely have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.